Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India Flying Returns - Major changes in FFP Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Hot update on AI Flying returns:

AI revamped the program to not charging YQ on international award tickets for AI metal, however redemption miles needed have been bumped up by 80% or so. One way DEL-ORD used to be 45k in Y, now it is 80k with no YQ. Miles needed double for J class.Huge devaluation especially for J
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kchitturi

AI revamped the program to not charging YQ on international award tickets for AI metal, however redemption miles needed have been bumped up by 80% or so. One way DEL-ORD used to be 45k in Y, now it is 80k with no YQ. Miles needed double for J class.Huge devaluation especially for J
Do you have the chart or a link to the same?
The website page says "Under Construction" right now.

If J redemptions are really increasing by 100%, then this is a huge blow, YQ or no YQ.

I now just hope that the already exorbitant Star Alliance chart does not receive such an 'improvement'.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
no such luck here....it just won't send the otp to either the mobile number or email....
Were you trying to login through AI's main website ?
I did it through FR's website and bingo it worked !!

Last edited by paag; Dec 4, 2015 at 10:11 pm
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by paag
Thanks for the tip ! @:-)
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

major devaluation if this is true....
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
tried that on the first day....no luck....
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Using the Update Profile option.
were you able to change the number back after registration????
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
tried that on the first day....no luck....
Worked for me an hour back..
Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deovrat
Worked for me an hour back..
i guess i'll try again....hopefully it should work this time....
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: Blasé..
+1

AI website each time leads to crap OTP requirement which never comes, FR website just works fine

Other way around, try logging in from AI website and once on OTP page, click "Logout" and re-login - It works fine each time without OTP sh*t!
Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deovrat
Do you have the chart or a link to the same?
The website page says "Under Construction" right now.

If J redemptions are really increasing by 100%, then this is a huge blow, YQ or no YQ.

I now just hope that the already exorbitant Star Alliance chart does not receive such an 'improvement'.
I visited the local AI office to process a redemption, the lady at the desk informed me of this and showed me an internal email containing the new chart, noted down a couple of sectors that I use. BOM-LHR is 45K OW and All India to North America sectors (SFO,YYZ,EWR,ORD,JFK) got repriced to 80K OW. Another new levy is additional 5K miles charge if you use offline (city office, telephone(?) etc) booking.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I visited the local AI office to process a redemption, the lady at the desk informed me of this and showed me an internal email containing the new chart, noted down a couple of sectors that I use. BOM-LHR is 45K OW and All India to North America sectors (SFO,YYZ,EWR,ORD,JFK) got repriced to 80K OW. Another new levy is additional 5K miles charge if you use offline (city office, telephone(?) etc) booking.
On par with United's redemptions. (Except for the 5k in person bit...)

Question is, how much YQ??
Old Dec 5, 2015, 4:07 am

Thanks for the info.
The additional offline charge is a rip-off !

I just fear that some incompetent folks at AI FFP will also want to charge these fees for Star A redemptions, which can't be made online at all.

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
On par with United's redemptions. (Except for the 5k in person bit...)

Question is, how much YQ??
The OP states that they have removed YQ component as a softener for this devaluation.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 4:23 am

Just noticed this on AI-FR website, which wasn't present earlier (bolding mine):

"YQ is no longer chargeable on international award tickets. Only non airline taxes are to be paid plus miles.
Flying Returns members can also redeem miles for upgrading the eligible paid class tickets in domestic and international network of Air India.
The miles required for economy to business class upgrade depend on the RBD/Booking class of the Economy class ticket to be upgraded and range from 60% to 190% of normal economy class redemption miles for that sector."

60% - 190% !! Previously it was a flat 75%.
Huge devaluation in most cases of booking classes then.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
North America sectors (SFO,YYZ,EWR,ORD,JFK) got repriced to 80K OW.
YYZ ? Interesting.
Have they finally eliminated charging on a point to point basis thereby allowing stopovers and open jaws ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.