Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: AI, BA, Etihad, Mariott, IHG, TIC
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Just received an email about the updated Citi Prestige benefits and I notice that the Taj benefits have undergone a change - though that's to do with Taj revamping their Epicure programme, from what I can see.

The gold tier memberships are replaced by silver, if I'm not mistaken.

The big loss is the vouchers that used to come with the free Epicure gold membership are gone. No more 50% discount vouchers on buffet lunches or 50% discount on weekend room rates or vouchers for a complimentary round of drinks.

https://tajinnercircle.tajhotels.com...amchanges.html
Thanks for pointing this out..I did give the updates a glimpse but missed the vouchers part and the latest update is indeed sadenning to see.

I have one question though. Are these vouchers provided every year (i.e. when we pay the annual card fee for the next year) or only at the time of becoming a Citi Prestige member for the very first time?

Thanks,
Monk
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:38 am

I don't have the T&C's to hand, but if I'm not mistaken, you now get two vouchers (Rs 5k each) per membership year.

However, you don't need vouchers anymore for a buy-one-get-one at Taj bars - you just need to show your Epicure card during happy hours.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:42 am

Citi moved to thermal printing of credit cards instead of embossing the card.

I recently got replacement of my premier miles card and the quality of printing is too bad and upon inquiring I got the following reply...

We wish to inform you that we have moved to Thermal Printing for personalization of all our Credit Cards(other than Ultima) from the current process of embossing the plastic. There are multiple benefits in using this technology, some of the key benefits being : Thermal printing does not fade with usage Personalization of the Card plastic will not require additional lamination which tends to peel off with usage over time. This would ease the process of printing a QR code for the Citi mobile app on the plastic reverse. With this change our clients would have a much longer and better experience with our cards.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Anyone facing a issue where the Aspire desk can see a hotel on the 4 for 3 nights offer but are unable to pull up a rate for it?

My friend who has US based prestige card booked the hotel but I am unable to. I find it weird that Citi USA can book it but India can't.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Anyone facing a issue where the Aspire desk can see a hotel on the 4 for 3 nights offer but are unable to pull up a rate for it?

My friend who has US based prestige card booked the hotel but I am unable to. I find it weird that Citi USA can book it but India can't.
is this any particular hotel or you are seeing a pattern?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
is this any particular hotel or you are seeing a pattern?
Particular hotel which is $1200 a night. Maybe that's why... But then why does the US Aspire desk offer it?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:22 pm

Particular hotel which is $1200 a night. Maybe that's why... But then why does the US Aspire desk offer it?
interesting. Is it possible that there are some internal limits set on the max value of the benefit for. Citi india (going by price)?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
interesting. Is it possible that there are some internal limits set on the max value of the benefit for. Citi india (going by price)?
That would seem like the best explanation. Is there anyone I can contact who can look into this and give a definite answer?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:21 am

That would seem like the best explanation. Is there anyone I can contact who can look into this and give a definite answer?
You can try asking the concierge about it, but with so many parties involved, concierge (run by third party), Citi USA, Citi India, I doubt you will find a definite answer.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
The Citi Prestige concierge desk seem to be using hotels.com as their booking partner. I recently made a 4th night free booking and the confirmation email I got was from hotels.com with some code applied to take off only the room charges from the 4th night off the final bill (taxes were for the entire 4 nights). I have since then seen that using hotels.com and checking prices is usually a good indicator of pricing and availability of what the concierge can see. I tried directly asking them and they refused to confirm they were using hotels.com.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by avneeshj
The Citi Prestige concierge desk seem to be using hotels.com as their booking partner. I recently made a 4th night free booking and the confirmation email I got was from hotels.com with some code applied to take off only the room charges from the 4th night off the final bill (taxes were for the entire 4 nights). I have since then seen that using hotels.com and checking prices is usually a good indicator of pricing and availability of what the concierge can see. I tried directly asking them and they refused to confirm they were using hotels.com.
When I spoke to the Concierge in the USA he went directly onto the hotels website and was able to get me a rate that the hotel offered which included extra's that OTA's didn't offer. Not that it was of any use as he could only book for US card holders.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by avneeshj
Yeah, they never say what platform they're using, but every time I've used them for hotel bookings so far, I've received a hotels.com confirmation. I think in the US, they use Carlson Wagonlit for bookings - or used to.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah they use Hotels.com and that is the only website they are allowed to book from. Oh well.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a postive note it seems like the bonus points for Citi Gold Prestige card holders posted.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:33 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
On a postive note it seems like the bonus points for Citi Gold Prestige card holders posted.
Yup, I got the email with the bonus number this morning too. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.