Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
i just read on another forum that with Citi USA you now pay for all 4 nights at the hotel and later citi issues a credit for 1 night.

this way the user not only gets elite benefits but also hotel points for the fourth night.
Yeah as they allow you to book through the hotels website itself. I hope Citi India starts this soon too.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Wish I had read the latest update before booking. Just realized when the payment confirmation came in, that the booking went through Hotels.com and I am now going to miss out on elite points, breakfast and potential upgrade at Marriott. All in all, it turned out to be a bad deal.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deltrave
Wish I had read the latest update before booking. Just realized when the payment confirmation came in, that the booking went through Hotels.com and I am now going to miss out on elite points, breakfast and potential upgrade at Marriott. All in all, it turned out to be a bad deal.
Don't worry that was for Citi USA. Citi India can only book through Hotels.com.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Yeah as they allow you to book through the hotels website itself. I hope Citi India starts this soon too.
I hope the same. That will make India prestige card really solid.

Ouch.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
If you are Platinum/Gold, I believe lounge access is provided even if booked by third party. Please check.^
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:39 pm

Data point for getting Prestige card:
i was told (by citi prestige application phone number) that they need a ITR of 40Lacs or more.

i am new to India and don't have a ITR for last year. They accepted my offer letter with annual income >40 Lacs

i got the card with a CL of 3 Lacs only (which is enough for me)
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:21 am

i was told (by citi prestige application phone number) that they need a ITR of 40Lacs or more.

i am new to India and don't have a ITR for last year. They accepted my offer letter with annual income >40 Lacs

I thought the ITR was relaxed with the new 20K annual fee?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:32 am

Well - i had a Citi Premier Miles with a limit of >10L which they converted to Prestige without asking for anything. Guess having a existing relationship with Citi helps (my salary account is also with them).
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
Well - i had a Citi Premier Miles with a limit of >10L which they converted to Prestige without asking for anything. Guess having a existing relationship with Citi helps (my salary account is also with them).
When I converted they never asked for anything. Haven't supplied any salary details in the last 10 years. So relationship with Citi definitely helps.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by MushiShi
I thought the ITR was relaxed with the new 20K annual fee?
when I called they said ITR was required. The girl who collected paperwork said it was needed but when I said I haven't been in india long enough to have a ITR, she spoke to her manager who said in this case it was OK.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
When I converted they never asked for anything. Haven't supplied any salary details in the last 10 years. So relationship with Citi definitely helps.
yes, while converting or when dealing with relationship customers, it's totally different.

citi takes relationships seriously. Even in USA you can get your CL increased every now and then with a credit check once you have a citi card.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone remember there being any SQ transfer bonuses over the last few years?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:31 am

I am holding HDFC Diners Premium and Yes Exclusive card (both LTF).
Should I renew my Citi Premier Miles card this year? I am not planning to travel outside India in the coming couple of years.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Given the renewal bonus against the fees and the fact that Citi miles don't expire, I'd hold on to it personally.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Does anyone remember there being any SQ transfer bonuses over the last few years?
Nope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.