Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Are there any patterns to when the prestige card has transfer bonuses?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do international refunds work through Citi. Say if I billed $2000 @ 70 = 140,000+ 3% currency mark up.

Now I guess I will get the refund at the current rate of 67 odd but do they return the 3% or so fees that they charged too?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Originally Posted by onlysuites
How do international refunds work through Citi. Say if I billed $2000 @ 70 = 140,000+ 3% currency mark up.

Now I guess I will get the refund at the current rate of 67 odd but do they return the 3% or so fees that they charged too?
Everything including the markup fee gets refunded at the prevailing exchange rate at the time of reversal.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by manish83
Everything including the markup fee gets refunded at the prevailing exchange rate at the time of reversal.
so i had a different experience with my sbi card....i booked a ticket with delta on the phone & my card was charged inr 86k....when i got the ticket i realised that the agent spelled my name wrong so i called back again to get it corrected....they said they won't be able to change my name on that ticket but will be happy to cancel for the full refund & book at the same rate again....

when i got the refund it was only inr 79k....i called sbi to ask why i had received inr 7k less & they said they would open a complaint file & someone would call me back....a couple of days later they called & the explanation they gave was that i was charged the foreign transaction fee for the charge & again on the refund so that is why i received 7% less....that made no sense so i questioned that again...they refused to budge from their stance in the end so i ultimately lost out on inr 7k....
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manish83
^
Old Feb 11, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
If I book 3+1 night using citi concierge, do I get elite benefits like free breakfast?

i am wondering if I book using citi, I may end up paying more for 8 breakfasts (4 nights x 2 persons) than I will save in free night.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
If I book 3+1 night using citi concierge, do I get elite benefits like free breakfast?

i am wondering if I book using citi, I may end up paying more for 8 breakfasts (4 nights x 2 persons) than I will save in free night.
No, the elite benefits are offered only when booking direct.
However, the rate booked may include breakfast.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by romania2007
Thanks ! That's what I thought will be the case.

rate inclusive of breakfast is a separate thing because at most properties that will be a rate different from rate with No breakfast.

Like everything else, another thing to calculate before using 4th night free benefit.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks ! That's what I thought will be the case.

rate inclusive of breakfast is a separate thing because at most properties that will be a rate different from rate with No breakfast.

Like everything else, another thing to calculate before using 4th night free benefit.
In my experience this varies from chain to chain and property to property. Most hotels have conferred elite benefits to me even if the booking has been made through a third party. YMMV obviously.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:01 am

I just read on Marriott forum that citi prestige is treated as corporate agent and we can get points and all other benefits. I don't know if that is just for citi USA or citi India works too.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-ritz-carlton-rewards/1823649-do-you-get-marriott-points-if-using-citi-prestige-4th-night-free.html

Originally Posted by romania2007
Originally Posted by avneeshj
In my experience this varies from chain to chain and property to property. Most hotels have conferred elite benefits to me even if the booking has been made through a third party. YMMV obviously.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:03 am

Anyone facing a issue where the Aspire desk can see a hotel on the 4 for 3 nights offer but are unable to pull up a rate for it?

My friend who has US based prestige card booked the hotel but I am unable to. I find it weird that Citi USA can book it but India can't.
did your friend book it thru citi? Did the booking email came from hotels or?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just read on Marriott forum that citi prestige is treated as corporate agent and we can get points and all other benefits. I don't know if that is just for citi USA or citi India works too.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ight-free.html
did your friend book it thru citi? Did the booking email came from hotels or?
Citi USA has the ability to book direct through the hotels website. So you can essentially tell them to go to Marriot.com and book a specific rate on there so hence why the hotels allow benefits as the booking to them is like normal booking through the website.

My friend booked through Citi and got the email direct from the hotel. Citi India books through hotels.com so your booking will be treated as a third party booking.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:07 am

Citi USA has the ability to book direct through the hotels website. So you can essentially tell them to go to Marriot.com and book a specific rate on there so hence why the hotels allow benefits as the booking to them is like normal booking through the website.

My friend booked through Citi and got the email direct from the hotel. Citi India books through hotels.com so your booking will be treated as a third party booking.
thanks. Thants a bummer
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks. Thants a bummer
I know.... I called up the concierge in the USA as I thought they could book for us too but they can't. I was able to direct him to the website and the rate that I wanted and he found it. Its a pity as the hotel directly were offering a much better deal then hotels.com.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:02 am

I know.... I called up the concierge in the USA as I thought they could book for us too but they can't. I was able to direct him to the website and the rate that I wanted and he found it. Its a pity as the hotel directly were offering a much better deal then hotels.com.
i just read on another forum that with Citi USA you now pay for all 4 nights at the hotel and later citi issues a credit for 1 night.

this way the user not only gets elite benefits but also hotel points for the fourth night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.