Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Yeah but I hit the monthly cap on Diners Black every month so I'm looking for the card with the next highest earning ratio. I'm okay with both Intl J&F and cash redemptions.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
Yeah but I hit the monthly cap on Diners Black every month so I'm looking for the card with the next highest earning ratio. I'm okay with both Intl J&F and cash redemptions.
Even if you hit the cap you’re still earning at 3.3% which is a fairly good rate on the Diners Black card. Which you can take to 8-10% if you redeem smartly on SQ J or F. I’m sure you know they have limited airlines partners.

The only other card I can think of worth checking out is the Amex Plat Charge Card - but IMHO it’s got very little value compared to the 50k INR fees they charge.

Prestige would get you marginally better returns (0.7%) than Diners Black regular earnings, a lot better merchant acceptance and more airlines partners to redeem with. If none of these are important enough for you... stick to Diners Black. Try and split some of your spending between Smartbuy & direct partners if possible.

And I’m assuming you don’t have a Citigold account. If you do then the Prestige card becomes a little more valuable.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:08 am

You can look at StanC Ultimate - while it doesnt have mileage earning - it gives 3.3% effective cashback in form of amazon vouchers for all spends.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
And I’m assuming you don’t have a Citigold account. If you do then the Prestige card becomes a little more valuable.
Yeah unfortunately I don't have Citigold. Will check out the Amex Plat charge also, I've heard they have been giving out some great sign up bonuses. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
You can look at StanC Ultimate - while it doesnt have mileage earning - it gives 3.3% effective cashback in form of amazon vouchers for all spends.
Thanks, will check this out.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Yeah unfortunately I don't have Citigold.
I was advised recently that they have put the criteria up to 1cr? Is that correct? I can think of so many better ways to use that money then to let it sit there to earn a few extra points.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I was advised recently that they have put the criteria up to 1cr? Is that correct? I can think of so many better ways to use that money then to let it sit there to earn a few extra points.
NRV is 50 lacs I think. Why would the money sit there? It’s the total relationship value that can be through mutual funds, homeloans, FDs and tons of other instruments.

OP was looking at ways to maximise his returns. No one is suggesting that he opens a Citigold account to get a few more points from the Prestige card. It would have been a bonus if he had a Citigold account.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Does any one know if bookings thru makemy trip (Hotels / Flights) earn 10 points / 100 INR?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Whizkid
Does any one know if bookings thru makemy trip (Hotels / Flights) earn 10 points / 100 INR?
Depends on which card you're talking about.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Depends on which card you're talking about.
Premier Miles Credit Card
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Whizkid
Premier Miles Credit Card
Nope. You have to book through the Permier Miles site or through the airlines' website.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:55 pm

2x points today

Received a notification that online spends today will receive 2x points (as compensation for system outages on the 8th).
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Received a notification that online spends today will receive 2x points (as compensation for system outages on the 8th).
For which card? PM or Prestige?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:31 am

All Indian Citi cards, afaik.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
never received a notification but that's good to know....i just had a huge spend on my prestige card so extra points are always welcome....
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:42 am

All Indian Citibank credit & debit cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.