Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 2:02 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I have Citi Prestige Credit Card and have accumulated approx. 50,000 points. What would be the best way to redeem these? My ideal was transferring them to SPG or Marriott but that option is not available with Citi Prestige. Is there anyway to accomplish a transfer like that?

Also, is there any updated place to show ongoing promotions for more points for Citi Prestige owners?

Thanks

Last edited by kumarshah; May 1, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Old May 1, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
The best way to redeem them would depend entirely on you and what you see value in.

The best value to redeem them would be on F/J travel on SQ, QR, CX etc. And you’ll be able to travel a fair distance with 200k air miles.

You can’t transfer to MR/SPG but if you’re looking for just stays you can redeem with Taj, IHG or Club Carlson.

Citi never has any points promotions but your target airlines/hotels sometimes do. You’ll have to track them separately. Eg: 9W might give 50% bonus on transfering miles to them. BA gave a good bonus through much of last year IIRC.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
The best way to redeem them would depend entirely on you and what you see value in.

The best value to redeem them would be on F/J travel on SQ, QR, CX etc. And you’ll be able to travel a fair distance with 200k air miles.

You can’t transfer to MR/SPG but if you’re looking for just stays you can redeem with Taj, IHG or Club Carlson.

Citi never has any points promotions but your target airlines/hotels sometimes do. You’ll have to track them separately. Eg: 9W might give 50% bonus on transfering miles to them. BA gave a good bonus through much of last year IIRC.
Thanks!

In points promotions I mean promotions where you earn 5x/10x points for particular spends on your Citi Prestige Card.
Old May 1, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by kumarshah
Thanks!

In points promotions I mean promotions where you earn 5x/10x points for particular spends on your Citi Prestige Card.
I don’t ever remember them doing a real 5X/10X points promotion with Prestige or PM. They did a flash offer a few days ago but that was across all credit & debit cards and exceptional circumstances (Citi screwed up with some system upgrades and there was considerable downtime).
Old May 7, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Does any website get extra points when booking a airline ticket booking via the Prestige card?
Old May 7, 2018, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Does any website get extra points when booking a airline ticket booking via the Prestige card?
Only the PM card has accelerators for booking flights from the PM website or airlines websites.

The only accelerator Prestige has is for foreign currency transactions. So if you buy the ticket from a foreign OTA you’ll get 2 points or 8 miles / Rs. 100 spent.
onlysuites likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:04 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
Quick question - need to buy a somewhat last minute INR 2.5L air ticket (all segments on SQ so may be easiest to prob buy on SQ website).

Would it be better to use: Premier Miles, Prestige or Diners Black for this one-off transaction? Thanks!

Tried doing the math/research and came up with
- I could buy thru diners black to get 10x, but that would be capped at 25k...?
- buy on sq website using prestige. transaction is in INR so would be 1 point (or 4 ffp miles) per 100 i.e. 10000 ffp miles total for 2.5L
- buy on sq website using premier miles. would be 10 point (or 5 ffp miles) per 100 i.e. 12500 ffp miles total for 2.5L

Is the above math correct?

And especially for diners black, do I just go directly to yatra or cleartrip, or is it thru some smartbuy website? I was quite confused on the hdfc portal. Can't figure out how to book a multi-city ticket there.

Thanks!

Last edited by AJLondon; May 21, 2018 at 4:14 am
Old May 21, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Diners Black will give you 25k points for the first 75k and for the balance 175k you will earn at 5/150 so that's an additional 5.8k. Bookings have to be via Smartbuy.

Smartbuy doesn't have a multi-city option on the portal, you can try calling them and booking over the phone but I've found their agents to be fairly incompetent.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:23 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
Thanks for the info, Anish.

Yup, I quickly lost patience with the smartbuy portal and lack of multicity options. Phone wasn't much help either as you had predicted.

Ended up using the Prestige card and booked it directly on the SQ website.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a email today with zero International mark up fees offer on the Citi Gold Debit card. Hopefully they will launch one for the credit cards soon too.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:28 am

Can I just signup for EY Guest, transfer Citi PM miles and redeem instantly or do I need to fulfill some qualifying criteria/activity with EY before being able to redeem..like Tier points or minimum no. of flights. I am not currently a member of EY Guest.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bigapple07
Can I just signup for EY Guest, transfer Citi PM miles and redeem instantly or do I need to fulfill some qualifying criteria/activity with EY before being able to redeem..like Tier points or minimum no. of flights. I am not currently a member of EY Guest.
I hope someone can answer it here, if not, you may want to ask a mod to move your question to EY group.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigapple07
Unless things have change you can just open account, transfer miles and book tickets.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:29 am

Just noticed that QF, VS and TK have been added as airline transfer partners for the Prestige and Premiermiles cards. Were QF and VS on the list already? Can't remember. Anyway, it's a total of 14 airline partners now.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am quite sure they been on the list for ages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.