Guide to flying Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Can emeralds select exit seats in Y? seems to be asking for a fee for this
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by seaskybound
Can emeralds select exit seats in Y? seems to be asking for a fee for this
You should be able to select them even in an HBO booking, but there are often problems. Did you book through IB? Can you select other seats for free? Is it on IB Express (I have seen some reports of non-IB OW emeralds having problems in this case)?

Last edited by Yllanes; Jun 20, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Question about redeeming Avios miles

Tried speaking with the Iberia CSR, but she hung up on me
Can someone familiar with this program answer my question:
I would like to book a flight using miles, there is the option for an "Economy" class ticket (Blue Class, Economy or Business). Under the T&C for Economy regarding changes to itinerary it states the following: Changes permitted before flight departure. Only permitted on IB, YW, I2 and BA flights.

If I book this class of service using Air Nostrum (flight within Spain), can I change dates a month from now without penalty? I can't seem to find a definitive answer for this. I'm concerned my miles will expire within the next 30 days, so I want to book now and then update/change the reservation in August.

Any expert help/insight appreciated.

^
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Tried speaking with the Iberia CSR, but she hung up on me
Can someone familiar with this program answer my question:
I would like to book a flight using miles, there is the option for an "Economy" class ticket (Blue Class, Economy or Business). Under the T&C for Economy regarding changes to itinerary it states the following: Changes permitted before flight departure. Only permitted on IB, YW, I2 and BA flights.

If I book this class of service using Air Nostrum (flight within Spain), can I change dates a month from now without penalty? I can't seem to find a definitive answer for this. I'm concerned my miles will expire within the next 30 days, so I want to book now and then update/change the reservation in August.

Any expert help/insight appreciated.

^
Yes. Air Nostrum is YW and allows changes and refunds without penalty on redemptions.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Yllanes
Yes. Air Nostrum is YW and allows changes and refunds without penalty on redemptions.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:22 pm

Hi, we are flying BCN-MAD-LAX in early September, award ticket on AA miles. I called for seat assignments, and was given the following for 4 passengers (requested 2+2 by the windows, we are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids so we will divide and conquer).

I was given 19LJ and 20 LJ for MAD-LAX (12 hr segment). Looking through various plane configurations I still can't figure out whether 20 LJ is a row right in front of exit row so may not recline. Can someone please shed some light so that I reassign this if necessary.

I can see the seat assignments on Finnair.com without issues, however Iberia.com has seat selection completely blocked/"Seat selections are not possible for this flight". Is that OK? will seat assignments stick?

Do all planes on this route have reconfiguration done and so we can hope for IFE on personal screens? Any tips on meals/special meals, is it worth it to order children's meals, and possibly go with vegetarian or kosher special option for ourselves?

Thanks all!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
It appears that the only aircraft for which that might be an issue is the 340-200 (343 in the IB system). These are the old configuration and are pretty uncomfortable in Y regardless, usually they don't do the trip to LAX, but you can always end up with an equipment change. Obviously we can't tell you what's scheduled without a specific date.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
It appears that the only aircraft for which that might be an issue is the 340-200 (343 in the IB system). These are the old configuration and are pretty uncomfortable in Y regardless, usually they don't do the trip to LAX, but you can always end up with an equipment change. Obviously we can't tell you what's scheduled without a specific date.
346-500 is scheduled, date is September 4. Trying to figure out if this is a new cabin aircraft or older one.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Showing the new cabin.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:28 pm

I redeemed IB Avios JFK-MAD in J and want to fly onward to BCN in Y. I didn't book straight through because I didn't want to use additional Avios for such a short flight, and I plan to pay for the segment outright. My question is which fare should I book on IB for the second leg to not pay for baggage? Obviously, I get a free bag JFK-MAD in J, but will IB check my bag through even if I book a Basic fare?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
They shouldn't. You should book a Classic fare, unless you have oneworld status.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:04 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
How common are op-ups for non-IB Sapphires traveling alone on MAD-MIA or other USA routes?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Iberia - how to change seats for already checked in flights?

Booked month ago IB express flights MAD-LPA-MAD in Y, chose free seats according to booking class, website allowed me to check in for all flights, PB:s already printed out; how to change seats for exit seats for a fee now? Website says now, seat reservation not possible for these flights. Is OLCI only option now? Realised that IB express offers tight legroom, I guess we`ll manage that then.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:12 pm

Does Iberia have the same availability as BA Avios for OW partners. i'm trying to book a flight w iberia pts but they cant find anything but the BA site shows plenty (4+) for JL
HND-SFO.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:05 am

Why don't you transfer your Avios to BA? Booking on partners with IB+ is usually not a good idea because the reservation is inflexible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.