Search

Guide to flying Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: QF WP
thanks
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:42 am

Hi Guys hope someone can help....Booked 2 J Iberia seats JNB-MAD-ATH using my QFF miles....no code share just IB flight numbers and operated by IB....And we are both Oneworld Emerald....Problem is we cant preselect seats either with QF or IB....QF say they cant access the seat map and IB say its a codeshare and we cant access seating 24 hours before the flight...... !!!!....Have tried both the amadeus PNR and the unique IB pnr to no avail....Heres hoping someone can help through this apparent impasse.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Can Avios be used to upgrade an IB premium economy (T-class) ticket? If so, can the flight still be credited to AAdvantage? Thank you.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by pyffii
Hi Guys hope someone can help....Booked 2 J Iberia seats JNB-MAD-ATH using my QFF miles....no code share just IB flight numbers and operated by IB....And we are both Oneworld Emerald....Problem is we cant preselect seats either with QF or IB....QF say they cant access the seat map and IB say its a codeshare and we cant access seating 24 hours before the flight...... !!!!....Have tried both the amadeus PNR and the unique IB pnr to no avail....Heres hoping someone can help through this apparent impasse.
Is the Qantas number actually associated with the reservation? That would be where I'd look first, try the Finnair site to see if you can take it off if it is. Save, exit, and then enter again and reassociate to see if that works.

If not, HUACA and insist you are emerald (might help to use the world Platinum even though I have no idea what the levels are with QF)
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:57 pm

Thanks LupineChemist as always....The PNR generated from my booking with Qantas is accessible on all oneworld sites so no issues there and I have eticket numbers....When I go to the Finnair site I am redirected to Iberia so thats a no go !!!....Iberia insist that their unique number refers only to a checkin code at T-24 and when I use the PNR on Iberia to select our seats I am directed to call....Now when I call I am told that the seat map only is accessible at T-10 months but the twitter team insist that this is not correct and that Qantas and Iberia use different systems and IB cant access my booking until T-24....That makes no sense as my booking is quite visible on IB....Have rung numerous times and firmly told IB that we are both Emerald and Platinum...IB are not interested in our status !!!....Dont really want to wait until T-24 so any further assistance would be very much welcomed
Old May 1, 2018, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Seat maps do become available 10 months out.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:50 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BA6501
Seat maps do become available 10 months out.
maybe thats the issue so will wait until T-10 months and see what gives...thanks
Old May 8, 2018, 5:40 am

I'm OWE (BA Gold) flying on Iberia in July with a friend. I was able to book exit row seats on the phone. We were charged 26 EUR. Apparently it was free for me, but my friend on the same PNR has to pay. Is this correct? I didn't think so, so asked the Iberia twitter team who said I was incorrectly charged. I then called again to question this but the call center said that it was correct.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Incorrect - free for all pax on the same PNR.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501
Incorrect - free for all pax on the same PNR.
Thanks. After following up again with the Twitter team they have agreed to refund me the seating fee.
Old May 18, 2018, 4:38 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
This might be best for me to ask here rather than make a new topic. I have a booking FRA-MAD return, one leg is in Y the other in J. I do not have a IB FFP account but my BAEC account is in the booking.
I received an email allegedly from IB proposing me an upgrade Y—> J for 49 EUR. To get it I should answer the email with my PNR and phone number, and they will call me 48 hours prior to the flight to let me know if I have earned it.

Is it the actual IB way of managing upgrade or is it a very sophisticated phishing attempt ?
Old May 18, 2018, 4:39 am

Yeah, it's one way they do it.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:57 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Very high tech !
Thanks
Old May 21, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
I couldn't find an answer in the lounge thread, and the last post was several years old so figured I'd post here.

I'm flying MAD->ORD in J. I have a 3 hour layover in ORD before heading on. Will I have access to the admirals club upon arrival?
Old May 21, 2018, 11:50 pm

You'll have access to the Admirals Club, but you'll also have access to the Flagship Lounge which is far superior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.