Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to flying Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Different seat plan websites disagree on how far back the 34"legroom goes on an normal IB 320. I'm sure I've sat in row 9 and there was more than the usual 31". Anyone can advise me as I am taking a flight in a day or two thanks. p.s. IB website seat plan of the fleet does indeed make the legroom 'look' a lot LESS after row 7, but that doesn't mean anything really.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA(xPLT now GLD), UA, DL, HH(GLD), MR(GLD), HY(DIS), and others...
I am trying to book a trip for my wife and I from Chicago to Madrid and then Barcelona in September or October. I am AA Platinum (OW Sapphire) and we're hoping to fly Business.

I know that I can not book this online at AA.com and that people here have recommended using britishairways.com and finnair.com, but I can not figure out how to maneuver through them to find availability using Advantage miles (or OW) or to figure out what reward availability is.

Can someone offer some basic instructions on where to look? (Or if they are posted somewhere, a link to them?)

And, assuming that availability is limited, are their work-arounds to find unpublished reward availabilities?

Our dates can be flexible in September or even early October.

Also, our trip can start in either MAD or BCN. Is it possible to include the MAD-BCN flight on the award ticket in the middle of our trip? If not, do you recommend flying or taking a train between the cities?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: Airline independent, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by echoch
I am trying to book a trip for my wife and I from Chicago to Madrid and then Barcelona in September or October. I am AA Platinum (OW Sapphire) and we're hoping to fly Business.

I know that I can not book this online at AA.com and that people here have recommended using britishairways.com and finnair.com, but I can not figure out how to maneuver through them to find availability using Advantage miles (or OW) or to figure out what reward availability is.

Can someone offer some basic instructions on where to look? (Or if they are posted somewhere, a link to them?)

And, assuming that availability is limited, are their work-arounds to find unpublished reward availabilities?

Our dates can be flexible in September or even early October.

Also, our trip can start in either MAD or BCN. Is it possible to include the MAD-BCN flight on the award ticket in the middle of our trip? If not, do you recommend flying or taking a train between the cities?
There's a lot of questions here - but basically to search for awards just go to ba.com, enter your avios login info (create a free account if you don't have one), then go to "spend my avios" then search for awards. Plug in "ORD-MAD", pick your date, and hit search. Any availability on Iberia in Economy or Business is bookable using AA miles. You just need to call up AA reservations and give them the flight info!
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by unifer
Plug in "ORD-MAD", pick your date, and hit search. Any availability on Iberia in Economy or Business is bookable using AA miles.
Did something change, because I thought the BA site won't show the IB flight if there's an all-BA option available?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Did something change, because I thought the BA site won't show the IB flight if there's an all-BA option available?
It will sometimes take you to a page that says "Would you like to have a stopover on your trip?" Just select "No" and it will only search direct flights, and Iberia is the only airline with a direct ORD-MAD flight.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by unifer
It will sometimes take you to a page that says "Would you like to have a stopover on your trip?" Just select "No" and it will only search direct flights, and Iberia is the only airline with a direct ORD-MAD flight.
I always select "No" and that doesn't work for me. In the past I've found IB flights on the QF site. Then when I search BA they don't show up. Maybe I was doing something wrong so I'll try again. Basically IB nonstops never show up for me on BA.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:01 am

See below for proof - keep at it!

Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:17 am

I'm sorry I must not be explaining myself.

Yes. I can see IB awards on the BA search engine but ONLY when no BA flights are available. That has always worked. I just did your 9/4 search for LAX-MAD and confirmed that's the case.

The problem is when BA does have a BA flight available. When that happens, the IB option rarely shows up, if ever. I'll search for BOS-MAD and only come up with BOS-LHR-MAD. I then go to the QF website and can find BOS-MAD nonstop. I hope I'm wrong and you're saying they fixed this. I'll try again next time I do this. Thanks.

Last edited by rrgg; Mar 24, 2016 at 10:27 am
Old Mar 25, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
i've just tried BOS-MAD for the same date, selecting no stopovers, and confirm that i see the non-stop BOS-MAD flight. if it still doesn't work for u, then try clearing the cookies from ur browser.

ian.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:06 am

I can see both the BA and IB option now for 9/4! I swear this was a bug in the past, but whatever the case I'm glad it works. Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
I received an email from Iberia containing a 15% discount code: AMERICAGB

15% discount valid for flights in Tourist and Business class departing from Europe to America.

Valid until 21/04/2016
Flights until 30/06/2016

Hope it's of use to someone.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA
Inputting API data for MAD-JFK flight on the IB site (ENG) and it states the following:

"Click in the checkbox if you are:
Citizens and residents in the USA
Legal residentes in the USA
Passengers in their outbound journey to the USA
Passengers in transit to a third transit with maximun 8 hours between the arrival and the departure of the USA"

Surely they mean inbound? I'm an "outbound" passenger based in UK doing lhr-mad-jfk

Guessing they just want my home address and hotel address for stay in US?
They have some very questionable translation on their ENG site.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:19 am

Hi! Just wanted to ask how strict Iberia is with checked baggage size. We're flying from Madrid to Florence on flexible business class and we're using Rimowa Salsa Sport Trunks. I checked the dimensions and we're 2cm over the 158cm limit, I'm not sure if the wheels are extra. It's a really tiny difference but I'm travelling with twin toddlers so I'm trying my best to iron out as many possible wrinkles as possible at the airport beforehand.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I can't imagine they will measure if it's close. They may weigh it so be under the 23 kg.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by yangky5
Hi! Just wanted to ask how strict Iberia is with checked baggage size. We're flying from Madrid to Florence on flexible business class and we're using Rimowa Salsa Sport Trunks. I checked the dimensions and we're 2cm over the 158cm limit, I'm not sure if the wheels are extra. It's a really tiny difference but I'm travelling with twin toddlers so I'm trying my best to iron out as many possible wrinkles as possible at the airport beforehand.
To be honest the way those things are designed it would be hard to tell from looking they were slightly over so Id say you would be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.