Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to flying Iberia

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
You'll have access to the Admirals Club, but you'll also have access to the Flagship Lounge which is far superior.
Great thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to the trip.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:27 pm

I'm flying ORD>MAD in J in two weeks on an avios award ticket. I have a connecting flight from MAD to BCN on a separate PNR which is a revenue ticket. Will IB check a bag from ORD to BCN for me or will I have to claim at MAD and re-check?

Last edited by kyroadrunner; Jun 3, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I flew Iberia for the first time this Saturday.

No problem with the seat, etc. (I was in premium economy).

That said, I won't be flying them again. With AA, I can buy Internet for $24.95 for the entire trans-Atlantic journey. With Iberia, they offered up 25Mb for $19.95. As my kid was playing a softball tournament I wanted to keep up and bought it -- within 2 minutes, I had used half the allotment. Nonsensical pricing, really -- why offer up a service that's completely impractical to use? Thankfully, I'm flying back AA (and can compare the Premium Economy offerings) this weekend as she's playing again.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:23 pm

I've read through the sticky but am still confused and wanted to get up to date advice.

If I book a business class IB + AA mixed booking.. .Avios are forfeited if we have to cancel?

But if we just have to change the dates, then it is just $40 (or 25 euros) each person each ticket, right?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by afrugal1
Can Avios be used to upgrade an IB premium economy (T-class) ticket? If so, can the flight still be credited to AAdvantage? Thank you.
I'm two months late on this...but seeing as there hasn't been a response, I'll say that the answer is most likely you cannot use IB Avios to upgrade a T class ticket; only full W class tickets can be upgraded. I had a T class booking on hold and called the contact center to check upgrade availability, and the first agent didn't tell me that my ticket was not upgradable. I was suspicious--$1k RT T fare plus 17k Avios for the RT upgrade during off-peak season seemed like too good a deal to be true--so I called back, and two agents subsequently informed me that only full W class tickets are upgradable using Avios.

That said, if you do buy a W ticket and upgrade using Avios, you are still eligible for earning AA miles according to the fare originally purchased (W in this case).
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Thank you very much for the reply. IB actually got back to me and confirmed only W available for Avios upgrade (my ticket booked into T). Good to know that earnings for AA are available even after upgrading an eligible fare class using Avios. Thanks again for the help!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:32 am

Deleted.

Last edited by UnitedFTW; Jun 24, 2018 at 12:39 am
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Can anyone clarify if IB charge any sort of service fee for the cancellation online of a fully flex J class ticket previously booked on ib.com ? I think BA has such a service fee, even for full fare F tickets, so it seems odd if IB do not, but I can see no reference anywhere on their website to such a fee.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Quick question, probably not worth its own thread...

On the ATR-72 aircraft op by Air Nostrum, does IB count rows in reverse?

For a number of upcoming flights (e.g., IB8996) I picked seat 20D. According to the seat map on IB.com, this seat should be in the first row which is an exit row. Just wanna double-check if that's right.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:22 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
^^^Wow, my choice of 20D on the ATR-72 was desastrous. While it is technically at the front right behind the cockpit, the doors are at the rear of the aircraft so you exit last. Interesting, though, that seats 20C and 20D are reverse seats. You don't get that very often in European economy class.
AndreasJ likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
are 6051 & 6058 always proper Iberia planes or LEVEL planes ??

Hello All,

Is the IB6051 MAD-JNB a proper Iberia plane with lie flat business class or is it a LEVEL plane ?
Same goes for IB6058 JNB-MAD ?

Some things tell me its operated as LEVEL metal.

Cheers.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
What tells you that? Level does not operate to/from Madrid.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:12 pm

In any case, LEVEL is not marketed as business class, just premium economy. If it says business class, it's lie-flat.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:06 am

I'm considering an award booking for a one-way FCO-MAD-BOS. With flights all on IB metal and not with 5xxx numbers, is the difference between Blue and Economy entirely the €25 change or cancellation fee? I'm awaiting the U.S.-based credit card bonus and don't have recent experience with IB. With no OW status, would we expect seat assignment fees, is it the same for these award booking classes, and what range of fees would we expect?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
That, and much more availability.
No seat assignment fees, at least until 3(?) January. Not sure what will happen from then onwards. 1 piece of checked baggage included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.