Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to flying Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by nsx
I phoned the IB+ people several times earlier this year when changing award bookings. They were some of the nicest CSR's I've ever dealt with. I have no experience yet with the airport staff, but I know that AF's airport people are at the low end of the niceness scale. If the IB people can beat AF, I'll be happy. So far I like what I see.

I just wish IB+ would release some business class award seats rather than letting 6 or more of them go unsold on the flight where I redeemed Blue seats.

And I'm really crossing my fingers that my online exit row seat assignments won't vanish right before I check in. That has me worried, but there's nothing to do about it.
Was your booking an Economy award? Currently for next August I am seeing just the opposite. Plenty of Business Awards available, but not Economy awards (X) available on any date. How hard was it for you to get your Economy award ticket on IB?

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2013, 6:22 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jagoffee
Was your booking an Economy award? Currently for next August I am seeing just the opposite. Plenty of Business Awards available, but not Economy awards (X) available on any date. How hard was it for you to get your Economy award ticket on IB?

Thanks
Yes. About 6 months out I picked up blue award seats which I suspect someone had canceled within the few preceding days.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:55 pm

anyone know whats the booking class for classic fares?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by NDFan
I don't think you can do this any longer. If you click on the Help button at seat selection, you will see this:

"You can use the Select Your Seat service if your flight is operated by Finnair, the flight number in your ticket starts with AY and the ticket number starts with 105"

Happy Travels.
I haven't had any experiences with IB yet, but I will fly to South America over the summer with them (economy class). I was able to "nominate" my aisle or window seat preference for my IB flights on the Qantas website ("manage your booking" and then select your seats)

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/home/gb/en

I chose "window" and got the an F seat (the first one behind the blocked seats) for the intra-European flights and the "window" stated as my preference for the SA flight. I can see the selection when I log on to checkmytrip.com. It seems that the F seat selection is all set now - if I check my reservation on Qantas and select "Aisle" for a change, no seat change is made. I wonder if it will be still there when I check in.

Both flights are operated by IB but are booked under BA numbers and the ticket was issued by BA - not sure if that matters. When I check the reservation on the BA or IB website, the F seat shows up as confirmed. When I access the seat map for the European flight on the BA website, it says that I have a seat reservation, but also that if I want to change it, I will be charged for it.

IB says that a random seat is selected during the online check-in process. I am curious how random it really is: given that I chose "window" and was assigned the front-most window seat that wasn't blocked, does this mean that this random process moves on from the front to the back of the aircraft? If I manage to check in very early, can I hope for a random seat towards the front of the cabin? I am curious if anyone has any non-random experiences.

Another thing: you can also access some seat maps and select seats on http://www.qatarairways.com/, but your selections won't be confirmed after you press the confirm button. Well, at least you get to see some seat maps.
Old May 30, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: VX Silver, UA Silver, AA Gold
I'm flying MAD->BOS on an S class fare this July. Anyone know what the cost of upgrade to J at the desk is likely to be since I didn't book full fare Y?

Also been trying to get some info about these XL seats but all the pages 404, which makes me think the 333 doesn't have them. Is there some other Y+ product that has a footrest for purchase (like CX and BA)?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by goodndntwin
I'm flying MAD->BOS on an S class fare this July. Anyone know what the cost of upgrade to J at the desk is likely to be since I didn't book full fare Y?

Also been trying to get some info about these XL seats but all the pages 404, which makes me think the 333 doesn't have them. Is there some other Y+ product that has a footrest for purchase (like CX and BA)?
If you go into the Iberia booking there should be a section for how to bid for an upgrade. IB does an auction system and shows about how much the upgrade should be.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Alitalia STE+
Originally Posted by krzysz
I haven't had any experiences with IB yet, but I will fly to South America over the summer with them (economy class). I was able to "nominate" my aisle or window seat preference for my IB flights on the Qantas website ("manage your booking" and then select your seats)

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/home/gb/en

I chose "window" and got the an F seat (the first one behind the blocked seats) for the intra-European flights and the "window" stated as my preference for the SA flight. I can see the selection when I log on to checkmytrip.com. It seems that the F seat selection is all set now - if I check my reservation on Qantas and select "Aisle" for a change, no seat change is made. I wonder if it will be still there when I check in.
Thanks for this.

Have just tried it and have been 'allocated' seat numbers. Whether I get them or not is up in the air! I'll report back on Sunday when I fly.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by bowlingformatt
Thanks for this.

Have just tried it and have been 'allocated' seat numbers. Whether I get them or not is up in the air! I'll report back on Sunday when I fly.
You may also try m.tam.com.br (the mobile website of TAM) to see if you can pull the seat map. In case of problems, try switching into the Brazilian Portuguese version of the website (by changing the language). I was able to select seats there and they are shown in my reservation when I look it up on Iberia or checkmytrip. However, I was trying to do the same for a friend's reservation that involves Iberia domestic flights and it didn't work.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Silly question, first time IB ff number user

just entering my IB ff number for the first time in Hertz to get the account going, just wondering the format on my card is "IB 12345678" is that exactly how I enter it? or just the number, or no space?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, BAPP
Hi, just trying to book award flights now, MIA-MAD, the site asks each family member for a redress number. What does everyone do here? I don't have one and tried it with the British passport information too but no luck. I could phone but thought I'd check here first to see what the forum regulars do. thanks in advance
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by Caciucco
Hi, just trying to book award flights now, MIA-MAD, the site asks each family member for a redress number. What does everyone do here? I don't have one and tried it with the British passport information too but no luck. I could phone but thought I'd check here first to see what the forum regulars do. thanks in advance
Just leave it blank. It is for people on the US government watch list, who aren't actually bad. If you don't know what it is, you don't need it.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Will upgraded Biz via upgrade bid earn full Biz TP

Hi,

Could not find the info anywhere on the forum. My bid to business from AMS-MAD on IBEx went through. It is now booked in the U class, just wondering would this be eligible for the normal Biz TP of 40?

Cheers!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:58 am

Hi I've made a booking using ebookers for a holiday to Rio.

My journey is:

LHR - MAD with BA then MAD - GIG with Iberia.

The questions I have are:

do I have to check in twice?
How does it work when I get to Madrid?
Do I need to collect my baggage and recheck in?
Also I noticed on my return leg, my stopover in Madrid is only 55minutes but the terminal (T4S) is the same. Is that enough time?

Forgot to add, when I booked the holiday I received an Iberia record locator in the ebookers confirmation email, however I've also been emailed by BA and got a completely different booking reference number. Which do you use?

Last edited by chuci; Feb 23, 2015 at 6:59 am
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: Accor Le Club
Hi!
I have made a booking today on the Iberia website and have two questions:

* Is there any way to check the actual fare class (Y, B, etc.)? Neither the Iberia nor Checkmytrip Classic displays it. As this will enable me to know how much miles will be credited on ANA on the one segment operated by a Star Alliance carrier.

* A seat has automatically been allocated for both long-haul segments; thankfully they are quite nice seats (window seat near the front). However, is this allocation reliable or is there a high chance they are changed at check-in?

Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Sorry to post this question again in this thread (started a new thread awhile back but got zero responses): does anyone have experience with IB's special meals? Particularly their "vegetarian asiatique" or "vegetarian" options in long haul? There's precious little info I can find online. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.