Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to flying Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT
IB J ex BOS?

I know that sometimes BOS gets inferior equipment; can someone confirm that the business class seats BOS-MAD are fully flat, not angled? (I can't seem to tell from aa.com or iberia.com which version of the A340 services this route.) Reviews seem to indicate that the fully flat seat is a better product than that in BA CW. True?

Also, I guess if I book the AA codeshare on aa.com (where it is a LOT less expensive than anything I am seeing on iberia.com!), I won't be able to select seats on IB metal, unless I can get a 6-digit IB locator from AA, and then go to finnair.com. Right? FWIW, I am AA PLT....but still confused .
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Seats on Finnair

Could someone explain where you book IB seats on Finnair online?
I found my booking but don't see where to choose seats.

Also my AA frequent flyer number is on my mixed ticket. Will I get skymiles for the IB portion or should I join the IB program?
Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:51 pm

Can someone tell me if I, as BA gold, can bring any extra luggage when travelling short haul economyThis page only mention extra allowance for IB Plus

http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/pr...s&isPopup=true
Old Jun 15, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by anngi
I don't think you can do this any longer. If you click on the Help button at seat selection, you will see this:

"You can use the Select Your Seat service if your flight is operated by Finnair, the flight number in your ticket starts with AY and the ticket number starts with 105"

Happy Travels.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 6:00 pm

Hello,

I would like to fly Tokyo-Pusan using oneworld partner Japan Airlines but Pusan is not listed in the drop down menu. In this case do I call to make the booking?

Thank you.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Baggage allowance connecting to AA long haul

Does anybody know how the baggage allowance works if a passenger without status has a ticket on which the first flight is BRU-MAD on AA code IB operated flight while the next flight MAD-DFW is AA.
Furthermore, the AA part is upgraded to J while the IB part is in economy?
I read in the rules online the following line:
If your ticket includes Iberia flights or flights by another airline, the free baggage allowance of the company operating the main route will apply. If it is Iberia, the first airline will apply the free baggage allowance that appears on the ticket. If you have bought separate tickets and for different airlines, the free baggage allowance of the corresponding operator airline will apply to each ticket.
So if I read it in the most favorable way, I read that the AA rules should apply.
AA has of course the very nice rule that allows 2 checked bag for passengers flying in J or F and the 32kg weight limit. But is Iberia interpreting it this way or would they say 1 piece of 23kg?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Does anyone know where to find the mileage accrual rates for Oneworld partners by class flown?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Guide to flying Iberia

I'll be travelling to MAH from LHR via MAD on flights operated by British Airways, Iberia and Air Nostrum.

I'm just trying to figure out the charges to take 2 bikes there and back. Is it €75 per flight per bike? So €600 in total? The Iberia website is very vague. I'm hoping its €75 per bike there and back though!

If IB want that sort of money, I may as well pay the fare difference and fly direct from LCY!

I'm BA silver, so don't know if that helps at all?

Thanks in advance :-)
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Cancellation within 24 hours of booking

I just made a booking this afternoon on an OTA for travel on Iberia. It was ticketed shortly after. I just realized I got the travel dates wrong by 1 day.

Does Iberia allow free change or cancellation within 24 hours like a lot of airlines do?

Thanks
@ORD
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by @ORD
I just made a booking this afternoon on an OTA for travel on Iberia. It was ticketed shortly after. I just realized I got the travel dates wrong by 1 day.

Does Iberia allow free change or cancellation within 24 hours like a lot of airlines do?

Thanks
@ORD

Iberia does indeed allow you to amend or cancel FOC within 24 hours of booking, but only if booked through their web page; have done so in the past (I think they also do have this cooling off period for phone bookings).

IB, as with all airlines I guess, will simply not touch a booking made through a TA, at least not at the passenger’s request. I suppose you’ll have to deal directly with the OTA.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Gold GFL, Marriott Gold, Swissotel Eleva, Hilton, SPG
Can anyone explain why IB staff are so bloody rude?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:23 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by aksai oiler
Can anyone explain why IB staff are so bloody rude?
I phoned the IB+ people several times earlier this year when changing award bookings. They were some of the nicest CSR's I've ever dealt with. I have no experience yet with the airport staff, but I know that AF's airport people are at the low end of the niceness scale. If the IB people can beat AF, I'll be happy. So far I like what I see.

I just wish IB+ would release some business class award seats rather than letting 6 or more of them go unsold on the flight where I redeemed Blue seats.

And I'm really crossing my fingers that my online exit row seat assignments won't vanish right before I check in. That has me worried, but there's nothing to do about it.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:16 am

Over the past 12 months I have taken 14 longhaul flights with Iberia, all but 2 were in Economy and I have to say that they are no better or worse than other European airlines.

I have found the staff polite and attentive to requests. I wonder if what is judged as rudeness is a cultural difference. In Europe there isn't the over the top fake politeness of Americans or the encroaching desire to help of the Asians.

I had one case of a flight delay, bad weather in Bogotá and the missed connection couldn't have been handled better. And the one case of lost luggage was handled perfectly as well.

I'm not Spanish and have no link to Iberia, so I am objective and I must say that I do not understand all the bad press they get, industrial action aside.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by anngi

Also my AA frequent flyer number is on my mixed ticket. Will I get skymiles for the IB portion or should I join the IB program?
Thanks!
Looking for info on this as well
I booked a flight on aa.com flying to Madrid on IB and would like to select my seat beforehand. Tried iberia.com, finnair, royal jordanian all to no avail.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 5:56 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by MiamiBeachGator
Looking for info on this as well
I booked a flight on aa.com flying to Madrid on IB and would like to select my seat beforehand. Tried iberia.com, finnair, royal jordanian all to no avail.
My guess based on attempting to assign seats on several reservations with mixed success:
1. The default state of an award reservation allows online seat selection at iberia.com
2. When you choose a seat, a human at Iberia needs to OK the assignment.
3. If that human is trained properly, your selection of an exit row seat will be changed to a non-exit row _and_ the reservation will be locked to prevent any further online seat selection. If that human is not diligent (about 75% of the time in my limited experience), your selection will be approved.
4. Once the reservation is locked, you can give up on getting a different seat.
5. If you select an exit row, that selection will persist until at least T-48 hours without any automated or manual changes by Iberia. Past that I don't know, because I canceled my reservations which had exit row seats. I suspect that these assignments would have held and that I would have gotten them at T-24 when checking in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.