Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cerebrito
Are youy flying CDG-MAD on the new Iberia Express route? If so, I have been trying to find out which lounge is available, but, at the moment it looks like there will be no lounge available at CDG.
Yes it's on an IB Express flight.. When I go to the OneWorld web page they list all the lounges but IB isn't mentioned. At least I have my Admirals Club membership
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Did the VY flight not give access to a lounge?
If you go to OneWorld web site, it doesn't even mention IB to have access to any lounge.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Did the VY flight not give access to a lounge?
VY flights from CDG depart from terminal 3 - which is small hall-like building for budget airlines (something like Murcia airport) and has no lounge for any airlines, just one overpriced cafeteria and some vending machines.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
If you go to OneWorld web site, it doesn't even mention IB to have access to any lounge.
Well, this could be because Iberia don't have any flights from CDG yet. The Iberia Express flights to Madrid will start in September.

It could also be that as Iberia Express are a budget airline that they don't plan to arrange lounge access, especially as mainline Iberia has frequent flights from Orly (which are always full) where they do have their own lounge.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cerebrito
Well, this could be because Iberia don't have any flights from CDG yet. The Iberia Express flights to Madrid will start in September.

It could also be that as Iberia Express are a budget airline that they don't plan to arrange lounge access, especially as mainline Iberia has frequent flights from Orly (which are always full) where they do have their own lounge.
Which terminal is AA in, I have AA membership
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:38 pm

It's in Terminal 2. Unsure if you'd be able to reach it before your IB Express flight (or if worth the shuttles).
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If by AA membership you mean Admirals Club membership, I don't think AA has any reciprocity agreements with IB. If you're departing internationally from this terminal, you'll be able to access as oneworld Emerald, of course.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by DallasBeyond
Here is what I see on Iberia's website, doesn't this mean that all long-haul arriving passengers have access to Velazquez?

There is a VIP room at T4S
The VELÁZQUEZ Room is located in the middle of Level 1 of the T4S building, at the end of the stores and restaurants area. The room is available 24 hours for our customers of international non-Schengen flights that arrive during the night, so they can enjoy the service they are deserving of.

I am arriving from JFK at 10am and fly out to Barcelona at 3:50pm, wondering if I have access to Velazquez.
You will most likely be able to access the T-4 Dalí lounge, not the T4-S Velázquez lounge.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JDiver
If by AA membership you mean Admirals Club membership, I don't think AA has any reciprocity agreements with IB. If you're departing internationally from this terminal, you'll be able to access as oneworld Emerald, of course.
We aren't departing CDG international but it 's part of a international ticket, CDG-MAD (stop (overnight) in MAD) then MAD-ORD, so do I have acces to a lounge in CDG?

Last edited by FlightNurse; Aug 5, 2015 at 7:33 am
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
We aren't departing CDG international but it 's part of a international ticket, CDG-MAD (stop (overnight) in MAD) then MAD-ORD, so do I have acces to a lounge in CDG?
With all the discussion the point is we don't really know the answer because we don't know where it will depart from within CDG.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

With all the discussion the point is we don't really know the answer because we don't know where it will depart from within CDG.
OK guess I'll find out when we check in at the airport. But being on a international J Ticket one would assume we would have some access to a lounge at CDG..
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by DallasBeyond
Here is what I see on Iberia's website, doesn't this mean that all long-haul arriving passengers have access to Velazquez?

There is a VIP room at T4S
The VELÁZQUEZ Room is located in the middle of Level 1 of the T4S building, at the end of the stores and restaurants area. The room is available 24 hours for our customers of international non-Schengen flights that arrive during the night, so they can enjoy the service they are deserving of.

I am arriving from JFK at 10am and fly out to Barcelona at 3:50pm, wondering if I have access to Velazquez.
IB and AA long hauls arrive at T4S and your flight to BCN will depart from T4 which has the SALA DALÍ. When landing at T4S you will take a train to T4 and have no way of accessing T4S without a valid departing BP for Long hauls.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
If I have a Schengen departure with Iberia in Business on 8am is there any way I could get into the T4S lounge at around midnight (since the T4 lounge closes at night). I'm a OneWorld Sapphire if it matters.

Alternatively, is there an option to get to the arrival lounge at T4 (which opens 24hrs) given that I landed in the same morning? It might sounds strange so here is the simplified scenario: I arrive on a TLV-MAD Iberia in J at 10am and has a separate itinerary (MAD-MUC) also with Iberia in J the next morning. The question is whether I will be able to spend the night in one of the lounges at the airport? I assume it is tricky and might worth a try anyway hoping to be able to get through to T4S or somehow go "back" to the arrival lounge.

Last edited by Innocent Abroad; Sep 1, 2015 at 11:42 am
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Access to arrivals lounge coming off AA flight?

Going to be arriving at 4S (I think) on AA / US flight from PHL business class. Would I be able to get into the IB arrivals lounge?

Thx
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:20 pm

I don't think so. I believe it is only for IB operated flights in business of more than four hours.

If you have Emerald (Platino) status with IB any > 4 hours OW or VY flight works in any class, or any IB flight in any class if you are Sapphire (Oro) with IB+.

Of course, if you are connecting to another flight in MAD you get access to the normal lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.