Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:09 pm

Asia restaurant at the hotel is excellent. Very reasonable prices, including wine.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Thumbs up

I can recommend Mama Pizza in Cala Rajada.

They have a great Calzone. Pasta and Tuna salad was nice, too.
We ate there a few times during our stay. Very nice staff.

Very near from the hotel is the Porxada de Sa Torre.
Food is ok but the location and interior is really nice.
I would definately eat there one time. The kids will like it.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by B Stromberg
I can recommend Mama Pizza in Cala Rajada.

They have a great Calzone. Pasta and Tuna salad was nice, too.
We ate there a few times during our stay. Very nice staff.

Very near from the hotel is the Porxada de Sa Torre.
Food is ok but the location and interior is really nice.
I would definately eat there one time. The kids will like it.
I'd second the Torre although i think the food is at least ok, decent grilled meats and very close. Worked well for our kids of same age range as yours. Arta is a nice village not that far away and we found several worthy places to eat there too. I posted one in particualr upthread.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Colin
Asia restaurant at the hotel is excellent. Very reasonable prices, including wine.
Thank you for the suggestions.

Just to clarify, the main pool (where kids could swim) is not heated but the adult one is?

Anyone try the kids club?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Junkie / Hyatt Diamond (fine, Globalist)
I know this is a little late but we discovered Cafe Sauc towards the end of our trip this past September. We wish we would have discovered it sooner. It's a great little low key cafe in Capdepera with great light lunch options and tasty homemade dessert. I don't think that they have a website but they do have a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/cafesauc/

Originally Posted by ekartash
Any recommendations for restaurants that are nearest to the hotel? We are staying here next week with our two boys (4 and 6). Our flight from Madrid gets in around 3.30pm so I don't expect to be at the hotel until around 5, 530. I don't love eating at hotels and would love something good and local near by (nothing fancy) for our first dinner. Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Rate Code SUN brings a good rate from june during summer. Good for that hotel of course compared to their other rates - not really cheap at all.
Old May 1, 2017, 2:22 pm

I visited back in August 2016, and posted a quick review on page 7 of this thread. As we head back into season for Mallorca, I have to say, I was really happy we chose the PH Mallorca for our 10th anniversary. Even thought there were a number of issues, the hotel and suite had a great "wow" factor, and I really liked Mallorca, and specifically the east side of the island. We just returned from a vacation to the Andaz Mayakoba, and the food was dramatically better in Mallorca, and in my opinion, the beaches too. The amenities (particularly the pool) at the PH are too small to spend much time there, but it is a great option to base out of with a rental car, and spend 6 or 8 hours in the middle of each day exploring a Cala or one of the local towns.

No property is perfect, and the builders of the PH made some weird decisions (views, the verticality of the property, not doing a better job cleaning up the surrounding areas, and the tiny size of the pool area). That said, though, Mallorca has a lot going for it, and I didn't see or read about any hotel or area options I would have preferred over the PH.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

After a quick drive-by last year I recently completed a very nice 6 night stay. I was totally happy to have chosen to stay here, a few things that could be improved but hardly worth mentioning. Overall a great stay.

I knew that being on the east coast would suit me, the hotel is a bit remote but nothing a car ride cannot solve. Roads are in very good condition and there's hardly any traffic on most of the island so that makes for a leisurely journey when traveling. For those that somehow have trouble finding the property just follow the signs for the Canyamel Golf club (or Coves d'Artà) and you will be on the road to the hotel.

It does resemble a small village that has been cut out of the mountain. A bit of an eyesore when viewed from afar but quite likable when on the premises. I found the design to be rather beautiful with some very fine landscaping as well.
Valet parking is included so that's good as well.

Booked a suite and that's what we got.... and a really nice one as well.

A perfect sized living:

The same for the bedroom:

With a large bathroom (bath and shower, plus a walk in closet and separate toilet):

And a very enjoyable terrace with loungers and 2 seating areas:

Plus a nice view:

The terrace was great with plenty of sun (for this room in the afternoon and evening) and rather large. With (only) two minor flaws in the design.... it is an open area and our neighbors were lazy and decided to walk across it to avoid taking some stairs to get to their front door. Fortunately they stopped after I asked them to. It's probably a pain for the gardeners but there should be something separating both rooms, it would also avoid people taking the loungers as I have read previously. The second flaw is that the garden sprinklers will drench the cushions for the loungers each night. You need to put them on the other seats each night to be able to use them the next day.

Being able to have some dinner (room service prices weren't half bad) on our private terrace was really great though....

And even though there's no sunset to speak of, the evening view isn't half bad either:

Breakfast in the restaurant was pretty enjoyable as well, and it's nice that they are serving it until 11:00 with both a small menu and a buffet...
Service was good with only one day where it took them a bit longer to get me my coffee and eggs.

Plenty of children here, as reported previously. But, probably because it wasn't during a school holiday, none that were misbehaving or annoying.

We didn't use the pool, and although a bit on the small side, there normally was plenty of space until later in the afternoon.

The construction of the country club seems finished now. Doesn't look really nice nor does it complement the hotel, but it's better than the construction that was there last year. And if you look closely you can even see the ocean :-).

One of the better features they have implemented is that there is a personalized iPad in the room so it's easy to order room service, housekeeping and valet (among other things). Lead times are a bit on the longer side, with 30minutes being the minimum for most services, but given the size of the property that is no big deal. It takes a while to walk to the lobby (145 steps from our room). Housekeeping didn't miss a single time we were having breakfast after sending a request.

As good as the service was, there's still some (small) room for improvement. E.g. sometimes there was nobody at the bell desk to pick up the car keys, they provided water twice (out of 7 times) when we got the car, housekeeping left room service items for 1,5 days, etc. But all of these were pretty minor and didn't affect our stay in the least.

Overall it was a great stay and I'm sure I will be back.

Last edited by RTW1; Jun 5, 2017 at 8:33 am
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:19 am

Interesting. You had a much better view from your suite, but your bedroom looks smaller than what we had. The rest of the suite looks identical.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The view was pretty good, being the last row near the top of the hill.
I would estimate that the with of the bedroom was about 2/3's of the living room....
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:27 am

We also had a recent six night stay in a suite and the view wasn't as good but the garden was more private.

I made a Guest of Honor booking for two nights for family that joined us and they were upgraded to what had to be a Park Suite View.

This could be incorrect, but I believe only the suites have the two daybeds outside. These only appeared on the second day so I believe someone in the king room next door must have previously moved them.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Jun 5, 2017 at 10:38 am
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The suites are indeed the ones that have the daybeds....

My terrace was also pretty private, closed on one side. But there was a small walkway with stepping stones between ours and the room in the next building. So everybody could still walk through that and reach our "garden".

Our space...

The other building...

The path between them...

For both rooms on the ground floor you first had to take one flight of stairs up and then down to reach the hallway where the path between rooms could be accessed. For those too lazy to do so it was easier to simply walk across their lawn using the path to access the hallway and their front door. And it makes taking those daybeds a lot easier as well...
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:24 pm

This is from a BoardingArea review, but this was the suite we had:

http://runningwithmiles.boardingarea...-review-suite/

There are a few differences from the suite RTW1 had. RTW1’s had a similar layout to the 2nd suite we had (just the layout left to right was reversed, i.e., bedroom was on the left when entering the room, not on the right).

So, the primary differences are:

The bedroom in the suite we had is deeper than the one RTW1 had, seemed larger overall but not as wide. There is a console at the bottom of the bed containing a TV that rises up with its own little remote control (think small car key fob size). The (inside) daybed/chaise is at the bottom of the bed.

The bathroom in the suite we had is on the other side of the bedroom from the living room. In the suite RTW1 had, it is behind the bedroom.

This results in the suite we had being longer with two separate covered balconies on either end and the private garden is therefore correspondingly larger.

There was more separation between the living and dining area in the suite we had with a large abstract metal sculpture.

I preferred the ‘flow’ of the layout we had, but the views from RTW1’s suite and the second one we had (suite 40) were much better. If you look at RTW1’s pool photo, suite 40 is on the far right with uninterrupted views over the fields surrounding the Torre de Canyamel.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:27 am

Thanks for the comparison, Timmy. I had the suite layout you posted in your review, with the two outside patios plus lawn, larger bedroom, and the tv that popped out of the bed's footboard. I found that layout pretty near perfect, except for the view, which was pretty poor (and to some, that would be a big deal).

The two patio (and seating area) thing was interesting. I suppose if you had a big group and wanted to party outside the suite it could be useful, but you're too far apart for any conversation. We wound up using it for privacy depending on who was out on their balcony above us. Basically, it's visually impressive, but the utility wasn't that high. Probably the biggest benefit would be dragging the extra chairs over to one of the patios if you had more than 4 people hanging out.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: American EP one world, Alaska 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy PP
We will be there from June 17-22. We have stayed there before when there was still construction going on down by the road. We had a great time and the staff was great.

Last edited by Jasmar2447jf; Jun 13, 2017 at 2:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.