Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Moomba
The menu from the other day.
Watch out for the asparagus though; it is really green beans
Old May 19, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by WWads
Just got back from a four day stay.

You can now order complimentary eggs, bacon, sausage, and hash browns at the Regency Club. Apologies for not taking a picture of the menu.

I also saw the menu that Moomba posted. This is good news for those of us who prefer a more substantial breakfast before embarking on the day, when our next meal will likely be a late dinner.

Personally, I found the previous limited breakfast offering on the menu to be skimpy, even when supplemented with the buffett items.

*** Example of old TST RC "Itty bitty two-bite quiche and mini-hashbrown triangle" item served at breakfast (typically only served with either bacon OR sausage, the staff brought both on this particular morning):

Name:  JRHtXu.jpg
Views: 1396
Size:  171.0 KB
Old May 19, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Watch out for the asparagus though; it is really green beans
It was asparagus when I ordered it.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Moomba
It was asparagus when I ordered it.
As it is also in the photo above. I must have caught them on a bad day. I'm fond of asparagus and not so much green beans.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by frenchie2
I found points and cash rate for my date at the Conrad.

Your first trip to HK? Stick with Hyatt TST in my opinion. The science museum is within walking distance and also close to the ferry, it is a fun place to take the kids and do the moon walk or fly a airplane type of kite. MRT is also below the hotel in the mall. The light show at night is also on TST side.

There is a restaurant that my friend took us to near the Kowloon ferry terminal. I think it's called Peking House, in addition to Peking duck, their famous dish is beggar's chicken, wrapped in layers of mud and cooked for days. I believe you have to pre-order the chicken and reserve a table ahead of time. Our server asked my kids to try breaking the mud, it was funny and definitely a great experience and memory, not to mention it is among the best chicken I ever had.
I think you are probably referring to Peking Garden, in Star House. Very good tourist restaurant. I've eaten there a few times over the years.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
If I have to choose between HR HKG or Sheraton HK, which one to choose based on services and amenities of both hotels?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:15 am

From your other post on the SPG forum, it seems that you're Hyatt Diamond and SPG Base.

If I can be sure that I can get a Towers Harbourview upgrade at Sheraton, and if that was not noticeably more expensive overall than the HR, then Sheraton might just have a slight edge for the better view and the Towers lounge offerings. Oherwise, I would go for the HR.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:45 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
If I have to choose between HR HKG or Sheraton HK, which one to choose based on services and amenities of both hotels?
HR TST is vastly superior to Sheraton HK even if you have top status in both programs. With no SPG status and Hyatt Diamond, it's not even worth contemplating staying at the Sheraton. It's a really mediocre hotel.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
The Sheraton lounge is also much smaller, hidden behind a room door. You dont get much of a view as well.

The HR regency lounge is much, much better!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
I'm back at the HR TST for probably my 50th stay in the last few years. Its the middle weekend of a business trip for me, so time to recycle the dirty clothes for next week. I couldn't stomach the $10usd to wash a pair of underware at the hotel, so I found another option and figured it could be of use to others.

There's a 24hr pay by the kg laundry about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. I was able to get a week's worth of casual clothes washed and folded in ~6 hrs for $50hkd.

Sunshine Laundry. 7-15 Kimberley St

Enjoy
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Do Diamond members get a choice of full buffet breakfast in the restaurant, or are they limited to lounge only?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Do Diamond members get a choice of full buffet breakfast in the restaurant, or are they limited to lounge only?
Lounge only in my experience.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Bumped down to Platinum, so payed for breakfast at the restaurant. Quite good actually, and naturally a much wider spread than the lounge. However, hard to beat the view from the lounge.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
I'm back at the HR TST for probably my 50th stay in the last few years. Its the middle weekend of a business trip for me, so time to recycle the dirty clothes for next week. I couldn't stomach the $10usd to wash a pair of underware at the hotel, so I found another option and figured it could be of use to others.

There's a 24hr pay by the kg laundry about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. I was able to get a week's worth of casual clothes washed and folded in ~6 hrs for $50hkd.

Sunshine Laundry. 7-15 Kimberley St

Enjoy
I just finished 6 weeks here. There is also Carlye laundry the other way on Nathan Rd. I could do 2 weeks of laundry for $70 HKD. It's also right next to citi bank, so I could do my laundry and stock up on HKD for taxis and dinner in one shot.

I never had any issues with the lounge service, there was usually only 2-3 people serving, but never any dirty tables or slow service as mentioned in a different post. The benefit to only having a small staff is after 3 days, they knew me by name and would get my cappuccino ready as soon as they saw me.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:07 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Got stranded last night due to the typhoon, and they let me add another night on my very low BRG rate (HKD1080+), kept me in my preferred room, and gave me an extra late check out today. I stay here fairly often and am used to good treatment (addressed by name upon arrival, club staff know my drink preferences, etc), but this was above and beyond.

Club did get packed last night and this morning, with people unable to leave the hotel due to storm signal 8 hoisted, but the staff managed very well. It did take a little longer to replenish stuff, and egg orders took 15+ minutes, but staff were great!

Certainly not the fanciest hotel in HK, but all things considered (including the current super-low rates), it's a great place to stay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.