Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I was trying to figure out if they'd allow a rollaway in a standard room (b/c I want to use points) or if I had to book club. I went ahead and emailed them and was told I cannot use points for a 2 adult/1 child room period. Blanket statement. I was offered a revenue Premier Deluxe room with the added comment that they would provide a rollaway free of charge. So I guess what this means is that a family of 3 (incl child <12) cannot use points at this location, even if sharing existing bedding. That just seems highly restrictive.
I dont understand what you need - kid in existing bedding or a rollaway.
If former - just book for two and you ll be fine. If latter - there is no space for rollaway as noted in a base room.
My advice to you is to bring a single (or kid sized) inflatable mattress for your kid.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Have you try to book this on Hyatt.com? I was able to see availability when I enter 2 adults and a 9 years old for 21,000 points for a twin room.

Unless you have status, free room usually means 2 people in room ##01 which I too agree there is not enough room to add a rollaway.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by azepine00
I dont understand what you need - kid in existing bedding or a rollaway.
If former - just book for two and you ll be fine. If latter - there is no space for rollaway as noted in a base room.
My advice to you is to bring a single (or kid sized) inflatable mattress for your kid.
I'd like rollaway but was also wondering if they'd allow child in base room with existing bedding (answer was no).

Originally Posted by 168
Have you try to book this on Hyatt.com? I was able to see availability when I enter 2 adults and a 9 years old for 21,000 points for a twin room.

Unless you have status, free room usually means 2 people in room ##01 which I too agree there is not enough room to add a rollaway.
I see that. The 21k is for the club room. I'll likely end up going this route and getting rollaway.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Id like to book this hotel for my dad. I want to give him my globalist status. Id rather not use my points since the rate is really cheap. Does anyone have recent experience with AH not checking in and secondary guest still receiving the benefits?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by bknets88
Id like to book this hotel for my dad. I want to give him my globalist status. Id rather not use my points since the rate is really cheap. Does anyone have recent experience with AH not checking in and secondary guest still receiving the benefits?
Generally in Asia this is a no go.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Staying two nights, then checking out, followed by returning for a single night 4 days later. Will the hotel be OK with me storing a carry-on and a small garment bag with the front desk while I am away? Would make my travels significantly easier. I no longer hold anything but Discoverist status.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Staying two nights, then checking out, followed by returning for a single night 4 days later. Will the hotel be OK with me storing a carry-on and a small garment bag with the front desk while I am away? Would make my travels significantly easier. I no longer hold anything but Discoverist status.
Why don't you either email or call them and ask? No one here can answer that for you.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Yes, they will store your bags there.
Dalo likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:00 am

Combined Award Stay

Wife and I, both Explorists, booked two rooms for three nights with the first two nights using award points, and the last nights with the Chase Hyatt card free Award night, and also both used the Explorist club access awards. Got upgraded to club rooms along with the club access for both, and they didn't have any issue with extending those privileges for the third night with the Chase Award, which technically isn't supposed to be eligible for the club access award. Have stayed here before, as I love the convenience and ability to use the airport train as well as the great location near lots of restaurants and attractions.. Hotel and Lounge staff were great and extremely helpful, but did find the lounge to get a bit crowded in the evenings, but still manageable. Much prefer the club lounge at the Grand Hyatt across the river, but can't beat this hotel for value and convenience and being able to use the Chase free night award. Always see a lot of inquiries about a third person in the room, and as we were travelling with three, we opted for the two rooms as these rooms are pretty small for adding a roll-away from my point of view.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bobdevens
Got upgraded to club rooms along with the club access for both, and they didn't have any issue with extending those privileges for the third night with the Chase Award, which technically isn't supposed to be eligible for the club access award.
^

Originally Posted by bobdevens
Much prefer the club lounge at the Grand Hyatt across the river
river? You mean Victoria Harbour, right?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Just completed a great 5-night stay here, upgraded to a Regency Suite at booking w/ a TSU. Bottle of French red wine was in the room alongside a bowl of fruit as an apparent welcome amenity.

We were impressed with the quality of many of the food items in the regency lounge -- eggs were very nicely scrambled, some of the evening dishes were excellent. Fair number of lackluster items too, but enough good stuff & variety that we actually went 4 of the 5 days for breakfast and at least 3 for cocktail hour.

Room was 2407, i.e. top floor but not facing the harbour. At first I was bummed about not getting a harbour view, but really the view is still fine -- the Ritz & other Kowloon buildings did a light show that was fun to watch from bed, and from the desk looking left you could still see the IFC across the harbour.

Wifi was excellent. I did Skype calls periodically and had better connections to folks in the US than I normally do at home.

The "heated" pool was not well heated at all. Granted it was a very cold day by Hong Kong standards when I went (12C) but the water was frigid.

Side note: we went to Macau one day to see the House of Dancing Water (worth it ^), booked Premier Grand Class on the Turbojet both ways just for fun, and had a chance "op up" to the VIP cabin on the outbound, much to my wife's delight.

All in all a great stay. Being in Kowloon steps from Nathan Road and right in the fun-to-explore K11 mall (with the excellent grocery store in it, pro tip) + very easy MTR accessibility made for an excellent week. Will return.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I need to book 2 different room types for simultaneous stay:

1) standard king (w/award)
2) with child rollaway: corner twin (38 sqm) or view twin (31 sqm)

First, which would you all recommend for second room. I'm thinking corner b/c more space and I presume the view from the club is great (planning to use club passes for that). Next, I'm Explorist and so I'm wondering if I could just book 2 standards w/ 2 people in each and hope for the upgrade to "best available". If I go this route, I could use points for both rooms (or at least get second room cheaper). I certainly don't want to show up and be rejected b/c we've got a kid as a third person in a room. If I must pay for the second room, I intend to use Citi Prestige 4th night benefit.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jan 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
II'm Explorist and so I'm wondering if I could just book 2 standards w/ 2 people in each and hope for the upgrade to "best available"
You should book the room types you need. You can't count on getting an upgrade to what they now call a "corner" room. As a Diamond/Globalist I've several times been given no upgrade at all.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
You should book the room types you need. You can't count on getting an upgrade to what they now call a "corner" room. As a Diamond/Globalist I've several times been given no upgrade at all.
Okay, that helps. The thread is full of folks getting upgrades, but it does give me pause to chance. I'll just do the revenue room for the corner.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:23 pm

Startin on points from April 6-8, but only points booking available was 2 twin beds. Staying with gf and would like a king size bed of course. Looking on the site for cash bookings I see that King corner and King harbor view are available. Any chance of being upgraded to one of those on discoverist status? Don't even mind paying a small difference if necessary. I emailed the hotel already and they said they put a more to change reservation to King of possible as no King deluxe rooms were available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.