Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Which hotel in Hong Kong? Grand Hyatt looks to be 25K/night, 31K for Club Access.

If you book the rate that includes Club Access, then you get whatever is in the club. The hotel website should have details. Or you can look at that specific hotel's reviews here on FT.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: AA, United, Hilton, IHG, Carlson, Hyatt, SPG
Thanks James, it's the Hyatt Regency at TST - room is 15k with Club Access 21K

I was just a little surprised when comparing it to other hotels in HKG like the IC or JW etc
Appreciate yur imput

Mystic
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Is this Hyatt Regency Tsim Sah Tsui?

If it is 21,000 pts per night for a room that has "club access" in the name and description, then yes, the room would have full club access rights and benefits.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Mystic92
Thanks James, it's the Hyatt Regency at TST - room is 15k with Club Access 21K

I was just a little surprised when comparing it to other hotels in HKG like the IC or JW etc
Appreciate yur imput

Mystic
Okay then, yeah, its a club room with club access, regardless of your status.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:44 am

This is what confuses me, no mention of cocktails or alcohol of any type nor food

Copied from Hyatt Regency
1 King Bed Club Access
Enjoy access to the Regency Club Lounge when you stay in this 28-sq-m guestroom complete with a king bed, work desk, tranquil bathroom and views of the city.
Room Amenities
  • Complimentary handy smartphone service
  • High-speed Internet access
  • 42-inch LCD cable television
  • In-room safe
  • Robes
  • Hairdryer
  • Iron and ironing board
  • Automatic water boiler
  • Mineral water
  • Coffee maker
  • Minibar
  • Maximum guests per room: 2
Less Details
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:30 am

This is what confuses me, no mention of cocktails or alcohol of any type nor food

Copied from Hyatt Regency
1 King Bed Club Access
Enjoy access to the Regency Club Lounge when you stay in this 28-sq-m guestroom complete with a king bed, work desk, tranquil bathroom and views of the city.
Room Amenities
  • Complimentary handy smartphone service
  • High-speed Internet access
  • 42-inch LCD cable television
  • In-room safe
  • Robes
  • Hairdryer
  • Iron and ironing board
  • Automatic water boiler
  • Mineral water
  • Coffee maker
  • Minibar
  • Maximum guests per room: 2
Less Details
The listed items are all in the room. Food and drink are in the Regency Club.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:40 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I see the Hyatt Club Access is only 21,000 points which seems incredibly reasonable to me compared to many of the hotels I looked at in Hong Kong.
Just keep in mind that this is a Category 4 property, so regular award nights go for 15,000 points, so you're paying a 6,000 point night premium for the club access. Many here would value 6,000 points at over US $100, so you'll have to do your own analysis on whether you think it's worth the upcharge.

I would also suggest checking out the thread for this property... it seems that in general, this Club Lounge gets pretty mediocre reviews for the market.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:53 am

OK - thanks everyone. This is my first time in Hong Kong so I might just "splurge" and go with the Grand Hyatt. I appreciate all the help and explanations that you all shared with me.

Mystic
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
OK - thanks everyone. This is my first time in Hong Kong so I might just "splurge" and go with the Grand Hyatt. I appreciate all the help and explanations that you all shared with me.

Mystic
Just my $0.02 on this. But, to give context to my opinions - I've stayed in all the HK Hyatts numerous times over the past 10+ years, but I overwhelmingly choose the HR TST and have only stayed there in my ~30 stays over the past couple of years, so I'm biased for sure.

-I'm assuming that the Shatin location doesn't interest you so ignore that one.
-The GH is a nicer hotel and a much nicer lounge for sure.
-But, I MUCH prefer the TST location unless you are going to the convention center. For me, there is a lot more to do, and its a lot more "Hong Kong" to be in Kowloon and you will enjoy yourself more. I love the island as well, but being a 10 min walk from Wanchai vs being in the middle of TST is a huge difference. Plus being literally on top of an MTR station to get you anywhere in HK that you need to go.... But again, I'm biased.
-The lounge at the TST Hyatt is fine. It serves the purpose. Typically I'll grab a couple of free drinks and snacks, and then have a great dinner somewhere else. HK is too great a food city to spend it in the lounge in my opinion. Yes the GH lounge is FAR better, but for me the lounge staff at the TST is nice, they are always very welcoming to me as a regular guest, I'Il get a few free drinks and a perfectly workable breakfast (it used to be terrible until a couple of years ago btw).
-There is essentially no difference in a club room vs a non club room.

Your call if the 6k points is worth the snacks and free drinks. If you really want a great lounge experience, go to the GH. If you want to enjoy HK more (one of my favorite places on Earth), I say go for TST and spend the time and money outside the hotel.

Since I get the lounge free, and I like the service I get there and the location is better for basically every aspect of my travel, TST is my home in HK.

Enjoy the city!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:11 pm

Thanks so much BostonPilot - never having been to Hong Kong before I will take your advice and stay on the Kowloon side. I wasn't sure where I would want to be. Also this hotel seems pretty easy with the airport express and then just hop a taxi.

Appreciate the time the great flyertalk people lend to newbee's~

Mystic
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd just book a regular room to save 6000 pts and go downstairs to K11 grocery story to buy snacks.
I like all three hyatts there but HR TST offers the best balance of value for points and location.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Thanks so much BostonPilot - never having been to Hong Kong before I will take your advice and stay on the Kowloon side. I wasn't sure where I would want to be. Also this hotel seems pretty easy with the airport express and then just hop a taxi.

Appreciate the time the great flyertalk people lend to newbee's~

Mystic
Correct. Easy trip via airport express and then a taxi for ~40 HKD or for free via the hotel shuttle busses that leave from the airport express station in Kowloon.

Or.....if you have 3 people, an Uber Black from the airport direct to the hotel will be about the same price (~375 HKD). A bit less for a taxi.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Club Platinum, AA, USAir, ANA,
Will be staying at HR TST for the third time next week. Loved the location and the convenience of transportation. Plenty of restaurants in the area.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:12 pm

We are thinking of free nights (from Hyatt credit card) and points for total 4 free nights.
Does anyone know if it is possible to pay $$ to "upgrade" to club access. (We did this in Hawaii).
Thanks
Old May 9, 2018, 4:36 pm
Community Director Emerita

It's been awhile since we stayed at this property. When we were there, Hugo, its European restaurant, had an amazing value for a multi course lunch. Does it still? Does anyone know if Hugo will be open during the summer months or does it close for a period? We will be inhouse in mid August.

Also, is there a place for foot massage in the adjacent mall?

Edit: I had a response from the hotel saying Hugo is open 12 months a year.
Anyone re foot massage?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 10, 2018 at 8:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.