Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Flying into HKG in a couple of weeks.... arriving in the evening and staying the first night at HR TST

Has anyone arranged a car from the hotel to pick them up? I did it though Hyatt e-concierge (giving the flight info through website) and received the confirmation but doesn't tell me where they will be picking me up.

Can I assume it will be at Arrivals A or B outside of baggage claim? A Sign with my name?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by elg26
Flying into HKG in a couple of weeks.... arriving in the evening and staying the first night at HR TST

Has anyone arranged a car from the hotel to pick them up? I did it though Hyatt e-concierge (giving the flight info through website) and received the confirmation but doesn't tell me where they will be picking me up.

Can I assume it will be at Arrivals A or B outside of baggage claim? A Sign with my name?
In the same area that you would board the MTR airport express, there is a stand with various shuttles for each of the hotels, I believe it will be there
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
It would be 2 of us, and as you say, the savings would be marginal. The train also does not seem like it would be much faster, especially considering possible waiting time. I guess I was just looking for some agreement. Thanks.
If it's only 2, I would suggest taxi to station and check bags there. If more then I would suggest taxi all the way.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I had room 2302 (I believe, it was not he same floor as the Club, just two doors past it from the elevator). Amazing view. Photo doesn't do it justice.

Looks a lot like my view from 1720. I disagree that the food at the lounge is subpar compared to the GH. I thought it was very good at breakfast and at evening drinks. If one comes to HKG for the food, I would not waste my time at a hotel. As for the wine, it was so-so.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by headinclouds
I disagree that the food at the lounge is subpar compared to the GH. I thought it was very good at breakfast and at evening drinks.
The GH breakfast selection is at least 3-4x HR TST's. Quality is fine at HR, but the selection is extremely limited.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I disagree that the food at the lounge is subpar compared to the GH. I thought it was very good at breakfast and at evening drinks. If one comes to HKG for the food, I would not waste my time at a hotel. As for the wine, it was so-so.
I agree that if you are comparing it to GHHK (widely considered on of the best lounges in the system), you will likely be disappointment.

I also agree with headinclouds that HR TST has a excellent lounge, certainly better than any in the US, and am surprise with the negative reviews on this forum.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Platinum
Has anyone had good experience of working with the concierge ahead of time? I'd love someone to help me set up some dinner and tour reservations. Usually I just do that upon arrival, but want to make sure I have things set up ahead of time to maximize my visit to HK!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by uffdajess
Has anyone had good experience of working with the concierge ahead of time? I'd love someone to help me set up some dinner and tour reservations. Usually I just do that upon arrival, but want to make sure I have things set up ahead of time to maximize my visit to HK!
They helped me with a dinner reservation on New Year's Eve couple years ago. I couldn't get it myself as it was fully booked, but hotel concierge got it for the exact time I wanted, and for group of 6 too!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:19 pm

I disagree that the food at the lounge is subpar compared to the GH. I thought it was very good at breakfast and at evening drinks. If one comes to HKG for the food, I would not waste my time at a hotel. As for the wine, it was so-so.
Originally Posted by thucanhho
I also agree with headinclouds that HR TST has a excellent lounge, certainly better than any in the US, and am surprise with the negative reviews on this forum.
Agreed that it is much better than any in the US. The selection at HR TST was fine for my breakfast needs, but I would highly recommend avoiding the smoke salmon as hubby got really bad food poisoning from it on day 1
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by frenchie2
Agreed that it is much better than any in the US. The selection at HR TST was fine for my breakfast needs, but I would highly recommend avoiding the smoke salmon as hubby got really bad food poisoning from it on day 1
Thanks for mentioning that.... I just checked in this evening and will be having breakfast there in morning before heading into China....that wouldn't be fun going through the checkpoint in that condition....
Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Hi All,

Has anyone visited this hotel with an infant recently? We're specifically wondering about airport transfer. It looks like we have two options

- Airport Express to Kowloon station, wait for shuttle
- Airport Express to Hong Kong Station, transfer to red line, then get off at Tsim Sha Tsui.

Which is easier? Any words of advice regarding infant travel to this hotel?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Hi All,

Has anyone visited this hotel with an infant recently? We're specifically wondering about airport transfer. It looks like we have two options

- Airport Express to Kowloon station, wait for shuttle
- Airport Express to Hong Kong Station, transfer to red line, then get off at Tsim Sha Tsui.

Which is easier? Any words of advice regarding infant travel to this hotel?
I don't have an infant but I will tell you that the shuttle from Kowloon only makes one stop before hitting the HR. (on the way back to Kowloon station it makes 7 or 8 stops). Also the shuttle lets you off at the hotel; the red line is still quite a walk to the lobby in underground tunnels.

I would get off at Kowloon and if you are really concerned, take a taxi. But the bus should be fine. Getting back to Kowloon, well, I would definitely take a taxi.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Just made a 6 night reservation at this property under the current Visa Plat/Infinite (Asia only) promotion at 1,134 HKD per night which seems reasonable.

Now, do I apply a DSU? I've read mixed reviews about the suites, but it is certainly tempting for a 6 night stay. Views may not be as good, but we'll be spending enough time in the Club to see plenty of the island skyline.

Thoughts?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by staff
Just made a 6 night reservation at this property under the current Visa Plat/Infinite (Asia only) promotion at 1,134 HKD per night which seems reasonable.
Amazing price for this property. It's a relative bargain at 1800 HKD.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by staff
Now, do I apply a DSU? I've read mixed reviews about the suites, but it is certainly tempting for a 6 night stay. Views may not be as good, but we'll be spending enough time in the Club to see plenty of the island skyline.
We just spent five nights there. I'm not sure what your suite expectations are, but ours was quite nice. There are a few sets of doors, so you can section off the living room from the bedroom as well as the bathroom. That was useful for us, as we have an infant, and he could nap in isolated sections of the room. I thought the suite was very nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.