Search

IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2009, 12:20 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by mikelat
Is it possible to use the IC Ambassador complimentary weekend night certificate with these rates? I'm thinking its probably not, but figured I'd ask.
Why do you want to use the voucher on a discounted rate ?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by szg
Because the rate is still just under $400/night for the IC Rio during Carnaval. Figure it'd be worth it to use the free night instead of paying an extra $400
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by szg
Why does it matter why he wants to? You're not answering his question. (I for one, am booking an abnormally high-level room with this promo because its so cheap, but would still use the BOGO for $600 savings). $1000 room for $600/night, plus BOGO = $600 for $2000 in rooms. Sounds good to me

Does anyone have any experience using BOGOs with this? I'm curious as well. I do hope it works, but am prepared to cough up the additional $600 if i need to.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TheDrIsAirborne
Why does it matter why he wants to? You're not answering his question. (I for one, am booking an abnormally high-level room with this promo because its so cheap, but would still use the BOGO for $600 savings). $1000 room for $600/night, plus BOGO = $600 for $2000 in rooms. Sounds good to me

Does anyone have any experience using BOGOs with this? I'm curious as well. I do hope it works, but am prepared to cough up the additional $600 if i need to.
In fairness, you'll get a pretty detailed answer to your question - including both the general rule and accounts of people who have experienced exceptions - throughout the few pages of this thread!
Old Dec 22, 2009, 1:27 am

Programs: US,PC
Anybody has Link for friends and family, or does anyone know how reliable is Michael Coogan friend's and family link?
Old Dec 22, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dracs
Anybody has Link for friends and family, or does anyone know how reliable is Michael Coogan friend's and family link?
If you PM rmccamman (post #1) he should be able to help you.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by Orlando Vic
If you PM rmccamman (post #1) he should be able to help you.
I emailed Randy couple of days back no reply probably he is out.Anyways I booked on hotwire and figured out Hotwire gives the same price what comes with friends and family .

Thanks
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:37 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
I just tried to book through Steve Sickel's page and the rates were even higher than the very expensive rates going direct. Feb 1-4th at IC Sing if anyone has any tips (current best is over $450 on the holiday saver promotion).
The annual Singapore Air Show, which is a very large event/trade show, runs Feb 2 - 7, therefore, all hotels have boosted their room rates for that period.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: Credit Cards
I had a weird experience with IHG f&f rate.

Thought I had booked a night stay in LAX, got to the confirmation screen on the web site, but did not receive an e-mail saying my credit card was charged.

Credit Card statement doesn't show any charges either. Is it likely my reservation was cancelled internally for some reason? There's no record of it when I log in Priority Club.

Already booked another hotel, just want to make sure charges for this room don't reapear out of the blue.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by JerseyVics
I had a weird experience with IHG f&f rate.

Thought I had booked a night stay in LAX, got to the confirmation screen on the web site, but did not receive an e-mail saying my credit card was charged.

Credit Card statement doesn't show any charges either. Is it likely my reservation was cancelled internally for some reason? There's no record of it when I log in Priority Club.

Already booked another hotel, just want to make sure charges for this room don't reapear out of the blue.
I'm not sure why you wouldn't simply call the hotel to check? This is not a mistake fare so there is no danger of a problem and only they can give you an answer for certain and possibly redo the booking for you if you want.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 9:38 pm

Programs: PCRA, BAEC Silver
voucher for F&F rate?

IHG and Radisson are having incredible low F&F rate, but do they really
require ID proof, or is it necessary to be a 'friend' of their employee?

Any stay using F&F rate without any problem?

p.s. Carlson has a very good deal which includes Breakfast for free!

Thanks
Old Dec 28, 2009, 1:41 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by 0123571113
IHG and Radisson are having incredible low F&F rate, but do they really require ID proof, or is it necessary to be a 'friend' of their employee?
0123571113, I merged your post with the existing F&F thread. There's a lot of discussion in the PC Forum, and the consensus is that hotels apply the rules with great inconsistency. Relatively few IHG hotels seem to require the voucher, some will allow upgrades and give points, others won't. You don't need an actual friend for the IHG rate, Steve Sickel or anyone mentioned in this thread will be fine. IHG has made it clear that hey want you to use that rate.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by 0123571113

Any stay using F&F rate without any problem?
I used the IHG F&F rate 3 times in two different countries. I'm yet to have any problem at all. I've also never been asked for the voucher that it says you asked to hand in.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: BMI, BA, PC-gold,SPG
i've clicked on op's link and it came up with a blank page with these tabs at the top.
Corporate Information Reservation Desk Meetings & Groups Travel Arranger
Customer Service Weekend WebSavers Travel Agents Hotel + Air Park, Stay & Go

so i clicked on reservation desk and it came up with rates higher than hotels.com what am i doing wrong? or is the link old?
need a cheap hotel in singapore for 11 april 4nights 2adts 2 kids.
any help much appreciated
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: le club accor plat adv plus; hilton gold;
is this deal still around?

xxxxx

Last edited by mumof2sydney; Jan 3, 2010 at 8:07 pm Reason: deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.