Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:54 am

Radisson Blu Schiphol Hotel

Nice hotel in the middle of nowhere (an office park near the airport)

Prior to arriving I received the email asking for the employee name, email, etc.

I replied I would honor the terms and I would provide all that information at Check-In.

When I checked on my reservation a week prior to arrival I noticed they had changed the rate from 80 euro to 150. Man.......

So I cancelled the reservation and rebooked the F&F rate. Again I received the email.

This time I gave all the information as I did not want any hassle. At check-in the agent saw I was on the F&F rate and wanted the information AGAIN ! I refused as I had already provided the information and received a confirmation that the information I had provided was fine.

Check-in was quickly completed.

They should be happy for my 80 Euro !!!
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Can you specify what details you provided? Just name and location or more?
As per rate description only name and location. However they e-mail my friend and asked for confirmation.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: M&M, *G, IHG Platinium Ambassador
Longyearbyen (Svalbard) - no question asked (march and july 2014)
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Any recent experiences with Delhi?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by anwan
As per rate description only name and location. However they e-mail my friend and asked for confirmation.
Interesting. From just name and location, they looked up email? Lol, they would have a rough time doing that with my friend.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Looking to use the F&F rate for Copenhagen Aug 21-23 since I can't use my reward nights. How do I go about using this?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Looking to use the F&F rate for Copenhagen Aug 21-23 since I can't use my reward nights. How do I go about using this?
1) why can't you use your rewards nights (aren't them available)?
2) CPH is a hot destination for the F&F rate, since it seems that recently some "investigations" has been launched.
3) about the use of the F&F rate, pls read the thread.

Enjoy
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Any recent experiences in REK, Iceland? I have the name of an employee of a property that I had a problem with so I have a name and location. Anyone know if the REK properties are strict? haven't received an email asking for the info and I made the res about a week ago. I booked the Saga.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by cruisr
Any recent experiences in REK, Iceland? I have the name of an employee of a property that I had a problem with so I have a name and location. Anyone know if the REK properties are strict? haven't received an email asking for the info and I made the res about a week ago. I booked the Saga.
I stayed at the Radisson Blu 1919 in May and no mention of the rate and received very good service and breakfast. The 1919 is in a great location so if that is available I'd definitely book that over the Saga (depending on the purpose of your visit), but either one is good, especially when you compare to general Reykjavik hotel rates!
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:37 am

Looking for a friend

I'm looking for someone to help out with a friends and family rate. Anyone work for either company and willing to let me use their name if need be? If not I'll take the risk!

Please PM me

Thanks

Paul
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:48 am

Same here. Anyone willing to let me use their name for the F&F rate. Please help me and PM me. I promise I will only use once.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC
Radisson Slavyanskaya Moscow now joined the "please email employee info" crowd.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by antignos
I'm looking for someone to help out with a friends and family rate. Anyone work for either company and willing to let me use their name if need be? If not I'll take the risk!

Please PM me

Thanks

Paul
Originally Posted by markus_see
Same here. Anyone willing to let me use their name for the F&F rate. Please help me and PM me. I promise I will only use once.
I don't want to be rude, but is it so difficult to read at least 3/4 of the thread and figure out something by yourself? The answer to your question is more easy than what you think.

Originally Posted by TelFunku
Radisson Slavyanskaya Moscow now joined the "please email employee info" crowd.
This will be the trend in the next future. Unfortunately many people abused of this rate and a small reaction was predictable.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel

I don't want to be rude, but is it so difficult to read at least 3/4 of the thread and figure out something by yourself? The answer to your question is more easy than what you think.

While I generally agree with your sentiment, reading 3/4 of a 130 page thread is not a 10 minute venture.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
The Radisson Blu Madrid Prado was highly hostile at checkout due to using the F&F rate. I legitimately used it as a college friend of mine is now a GM for one of the North America hotels, he has repeatedly told me to use the rate.

At checkout the front desk manager refused to discuss an ongoing issue I had during my stay, namely receiving unwanted wake up calls each morning. Instead, she threatened retaliation towards myself, and my friend for using the rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.