Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bournemouth {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Staying here tonight, upgraded to one bed suite ^

Was showing at online check-in this morning so did check in online.

Have a sea view suite (x01 room numbers) which has a. Ice wrap around balcony and two chairs, shame the weather is not better! (Thunderstorm this afternoon with hail and lightning/thunder).

Some very posh cars out front this afternoon but imagine they are in the sky bar, likely footballers.

Hoping breakfast will be great tomorrow, will report back as a flash car driver I know says!
Yes mate, we are up in the sky bar right now, I have a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for you right here, come and join us , the password for the security guy is " will report back! "
Old May 1, 2017, 1:49 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by wizla
Yes mate, we are up in the sky bar right now, I have a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for you right here, come and join us , the password for the security guy is " will report back! "
Thought as much! Must have just missed you as I heard the black Lamborghini drive away and by the time I was up there you were gone with only the empty champagne bottles left as evidence of your visit:

Hilton Bournemouth | R8 Lambo Merc Range Rover by BA_pics, on Flickr

Hope you're well, safe travels, I'll catch up with you sometime when I can get someone to put wheel clamps on your ride...

After a nice meal nearby, I went for a short walk along the beach, very serene and beautiful (when not rammed with people!)

A taster for those that have not yet been here to sample the great hotel and area:

Hilton Bournemouth | Beach Promenade by BA_pics, on Flickr

Hilton Bournemouth | Reflected rainbow by BA_pics, on Flickr

And my favourite from this evening:

Hilton Bournemouth | Seagull Beach by BA_pics, on Flickr

Last edited by BotB; May 1, 2017 at 1:56 pm Reason: thought I best remove the reg numbers
Old May 2, 2017, 10:06 am

Thought as much! Must have just missed you as I heard the black Lamborghini drive away and by the time I was up there you were gone with only the empty champagne bottles left as evidence of your visit:

Hilton Bournemouth | R8 Lambo Merc Range Rover by BA_pics, on Flickr

Hope you're well, safe travels, I'll catch up with you sometime when I can get someone to put wheel clamps on your ride...

After a nice meal nearby, I went for a short walk along the beach, very serene and beautiful (when not rammed with people!)

A taster for those that have not yet been here to sample the great hotel and area:

Hilton Bournemouth | Beach Promenade by BA_pics, on Flickr

Hilton Bournemouth | Reflected rainbow by BA_pics, on Flickr

And my favourite from this evening:

Hilton Bournemouth | Seagull Beach by BA_pics, on Flickr
Bournemouth is a great place and the Hilton is the cherry on top........nice pics and I'm a little jealous you got to witness the storms they do get down there sometimes, I love watching storms!, couple of years back I was on the balcony of the executive lounge at Hilton Barcelona ( diagnol mar ) and the storm was all around us, prosseco in hand it was awesome and maybe somewhat dangerous.
I stayed at Hilton Watford early March this year and same happened there , not quite as spectacular but in March!! .....wasn't expecting that?........may take my mother Bournemouth later in the year for a treat , she would love it!......glad you had a good stay and thanks for the report, hope to hook up one day soon for real!.....regards.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Be warned. This hotel is currently operating a 7-day cancellation policy on flexible bookings.

I just made a booking (at Friday 10:30am) for Sunday night and was surprised when my email confirmation indicated that I already had passed the cancellation deadline. I hadn't spotted that in the rules when booking. I like flexibility and don't appreciate things like this, so I called the Diamond team and they cancelled immediately. If I still need the room on Sunday then I'll re-book on the day or stay somewhere else (because they have now pissed me off)
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by navelfluff
Be warned. This hotel is currently operating a 7-day cancellation policy on flexible bookings.

I just made a booking (at Friday 10:30am) for Sunday night and was surprised when my email confirmation indicated that I already had passed the cancellation deadline. I hadn't spotted that in the rules when booking. I like flexibility and don't appreciate things like this, so I called the Diamond team and they cancelled immediately. If I still need the room on Sunday then I'll re-book on the day or stay somewhere else (because they have now pissed me off)
Gotta be a computer glitch as I just looked to book in mid November for a gig I'm doing in Bournemouth ( not confirmed yet ) ........ got the usual 1 day confirmation notice....that said, if I'm wrong 7days is a bit cheeky!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Gotta be a computer glitch as I just looked to book in mid November for a gig I'm doing in Bournemouth ( not confirmed yet ) ........ got the usual 1 day confirmation notice....that said, if I'm wrong 7days is a bit cheeky!
Peak summer period at a holiday resort in the middle of the best summer we have had for a couple of years so it doesn't surprise me tbh.

A friend I know who used to be a GM at an IHG property in Edinburgh used to do something similar during July and August for the festivals. He said it was the best way to manage demand as it deterred people holding numerous rooms over several properties the cancelling them all but one at the last minute leaving them with inventory that could have been sold several times over.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:49 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chrism20
Peak summer period at a holiday resort in the middle of the best summer we have had for a couple of years so it doesn't surprise me tbh.

A friend I know who used to be a GM at an IHG property in Edinburgh used to do something similar during July and August for the festivals. He said it was the best way to manage demand as it deterred people holding numerous rooms over several properties the cancelling them all but one at the last minute leaving them with inventory that could have been sold several times over.
Agree with this summary, Bournemouth is ridiculously busy in the Summer months and draws the crowds no end...likely the hotel is just ensuring people aren't gaming the system as there are precious few good hotels (IMO) on the South coast (chain ones i should clarify) so this hotel will be very popular and attractive to the masses.

It is unfortunate in cases such as yours but I have seen the 'normal' cancellation policy on bookings for later in the year so assume it is just the peak season.

The hotel is very nice so hoping you'll give it a try, appreciate you need the flexibility and maybe you can find a good rate on the day to avoid the issues.

Safe travels ^
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
The hotel is very nice so hoping you'll give it a try, appreciate you need the flexibility and maybe you can find a good rate on the day to avoid the issues.

Safe travels ^
Thanks. Monday's meeting in Bournemouth is now confirmed so I have re-booked for Sunday night.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Stayed two nights this bank holiday and surprise, surprise...it was busy!

To give an idea of how busy...this is a picture of Bournemouth beach on Saturday, it was heaving, however, about a mile down the beach there was some quiet space and fewer people.

The stay was two separate bookings, one on points and one with cash. One booking was upgraded (^ thanks to the great staff), the other couldn't be as it was booked solid and I had booked the highest room available that night.

We were only in the lounge briefly (not during alcohol hours) and just grabbed a drink or two, only a few people using it so plenty of seating still at non peak times.

Breakfast was very busy and we went down each day at around 09:30 which was peak times for them and although busy, it was still quite good and always a table could be found quite quickly.

Definitely still a favourite for me on the South coast when pricing allows (or enough points). I do love the Jnr. Suites here and they are just as good as the suites (excepting the balcony of a suite).

Parking was chargeable and busy but we could still find a space. You can extend the parking if needed by asking the front desk for a few hours or tailored to your needs. (parking each day is valid until 3 PM the following day as standard. 3 additional hours was 4 GBP on top).

Safe travels. ^
Attached Images  
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Stayed here last night. A couple of changes.

However got chocolates by the bed last night.

Currently two course dinner for £20 in the restaurant with a beer or glass of wine Monday to Thursday. Just be aware that the leaflet says 10% service charge, but they add 12%. The leaflet is not given at the table, so you need to be aware. Or two can eat for 39.99. Saving a penny on that offer, but just wine and no beer with that one.

Breakfast is until 10am still, so going down shortly.

Last edited by GentleGiant; Sep 20, 2017 at 11:54 am
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Stayed here last night. A couple of changes.

Until a month ago the hotel was owned by Hilton. It is now a franchise. When I joked about does that mean cost cutting, she laughed and nodded.

Gone are previous diamond welcome notes with sweets in the room. Upgrades are currently to junior suite level with one bedroom suites left empty.

However got chocolates by the bed last night.

Currently two course dinner for £20 in the restaurant with a beer or glass of wine Monday to Thursday. Just be aware that the leaflet says 10% service charge, but they add 12%. The leaflet is not given at the table, so you need to be aware. Or two can eat for 39.99. Saving a penny on that offer, but just wine and no beer with that one.

Breakfast is until 10am still, so going down shortly.
It was really owned? That is very unusual for a new-build, I thought it was only Blackpool. Are you sure it wasn't managed by Hilton?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
It was really owned? That is very unusual for a new-build, I thought it was only Blackpool. Are you sure it wasn't managed by Hilton?
I thought it was only park lane and Blackpool that were still with Hilton ?.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by hugolover
Probably misunderstood.

Anyway good hotel and nice to stay here.

Last edited by GentleGiant; Sep 20, 2017 at 11:55 am
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:37 am

It's never been hilton owned although Hilton managed it on behalf of the owners and builders - That Group. It's possible that the management has now transferred to a management company although I've had a quick look at the most of the big ones and none mention it.

http://news.hilton.com/index.cfm/new...rnemouth?tl=fr

Park Lane was sold to London & Regional in 2002 and is still with them today.

AFAIK Blackpool is still company owned.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrism20
It's never been hilton owned although Hilton managed it on behalf of the owners and builders - That Group. It's possible that the management has now transferred to a management company although I've had a quick look at the most of the big ones and none mention it.

http://news.hilton.com/index.cfm/new...rnemouth?tl=fr

Park Lane was sold to London & Regional in 2002 and is still with them today.

AFAIK Blackpool is still company owned.
As I thought. The Hilton managed properties are, shall we say, very standardised, the non-managed tend to be way more generous or wayyy tighter; nothing in between IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.