Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bournemouth {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
^ Thanks, appreciate the kind words and enjoy your reviews and photos as well. I can't agree with you more about this being a good example of how Hilton could make a difference to other similar chains and engender interest and more custom amongst its most frequent guests.

Agree, the tiles and decor make this bathroom quite nice without feeling empty. ^

Thanks, I need to have good photos to make up for my lack of writing style, of which you have an abundance and quite a following (including me!). :-:
Haha, I don't agree.....your reviews are very relevant, accurate and interesting........mine are more of a story about my day with a review thrown in, I guess it's the " entertainer " in me showing through that I simply can't contain within....I have had folk approach me in exec lounges and say " are you wizla, I follow your live reports )...... always makes me smile!
Keep up the good work mate, I'm gutted we will miss each other next week here, would have been great to have a few beers in the lounge before my gig........of course will do live review and will report back !
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:22 am

I'm here tomorrow night ( Sunday) with American HipHop DJ Cash Money, we have a show to do in Bournemouth and will be staying for one night., booked king guest room and already preupgraded to king exec on 6th floor, have no done OLCI as I'm holding out hoping for a suite upgrade ( curious to see these ) ...... we have a gig to do tonight in London so should arrive mid afternoon.......will report back !

PS - if anyone happens to be staying and wants to be put on the guest list for the show please pm me.

Last edited by wizla; Dec 3, 2016 at 1:23 am Reason: Additional information added
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:02 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Hope you have a good stay and get a further upgrade. ^ (and the gig goes well)

Look forward to the live reporting...
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:19 pm

Hope you have a good stay and get a further upgrade. ^ (and the gig goes well)

Look forward to the live reporting...
Thanks botb, may be patchy on the reporting as I have to work but will try.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:12 pm

Arrived at 4-30 after taking 4 hours to get here from London, I booked a king guest room and this was preupgraded to a king executive room, on arrival I found was told I've been upgraded further to a suite on the top floor!....room 825..... off I go and upon entering I find it occupied !!!, nobody there but two suitcases, wallets and laptops, I left and went back to reception to complain......after many humble apologies they put me in another suite on floor three, problem is it ain't ready yet........so there I sit in reception waiting......to be fair I only waited 10 mins and off I go to suite 2....... it's really nice!, huge and the same as the pictures on here, I then go for a sauna and swim ( nice pool here by the way ) and on my return I interrupt the two staff doing the turn down service in my room , they were very friendly with each other as I walked in, bit shocked!........anyway, now in lounge and it's half full,
Will report back after I've sampled the offerings.

Last edited by wizla; Dec 4, 2016 at 12:27 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:24 pm

BEERS - just peroni

CANAPÉS- cheese and feta shapes, duck spring rolls , cheeseboard and some rubbish crackers ( taste like cardboard) , olives , crudités and salad.

SPIRITS - whiskey, gin and vodka.

WINE- red , white and a great prosseco ( same as Waldorf Hilton)

It's emptying out a bit now, just a few of us in here, got chatting to the Dutch guy sitting opposite. He says it's always quiet in his lounge regardless....... so far it's been a bazaar stay and I ain't even done my gig yet......I'm gonna pour myself a large one!.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:32 pm

wow, a rollercoaster of a stay, and you haven't even been there overnight yet!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by shadowline
wow, a rollercoaster of a stay, and you haven't even been there overnight yet!
I know mate, I've just returned from show ( we smashed it! ) it's nearly 3am, I'm gonna sleep now and report back in morning
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:04 am

Slept well , shame I only got four hours, bed super comfy, went for a sauna and swim , pool area empty bliss!, then onto breakfast.....to be honest it was disorganised, there I stood waiting to be seated whilst 3 or 4 others simply walked past and sat where they pleased, as no staff were about I done the same.......no offer of coffee, I had to ask but it was very nice I must say ( cuppacino)......... food was tasty but not very hot, scrambled eggs tepid........great granola!.....back to the room to pack and check out.
Check out was swift and we are on our way.

CONCLUSION- I still can't believe they gave me an occupied room, if I was dishonest I could have took their cash and laptops very easily, so wrong.......I also can't believe I came back to find two employees canoodling in my room whilst claiming to be doing the turndown service........completely bazaar.
On the more positive note the suite I was in was amazing, probably the best I've ever seen.....would I return?, yes of course but make sure you lock your valuables in the safe , just in case.

ROOM NO - 302

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Canary Wharf (27/12/16 - 29/12/16 )
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:31 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Quick update as staying here tonight.

check in online pre-upgraded to exec room, check in quick and no issues.

in lounge now, a few couples, not too busy. Beer is now Asahi and still same three spirits (beefeater/Jim Bean/Finlandia, wine prosecco still here.)

will try the sky bar bar a bit later and report back after breakfast.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Didn't make it to the 8th floor bar this time as ended up having a few downtown with friends but I'm back tomorrrow night and will likely hit it then.

Breakfast was very good, granola still here ^ , some lowering of the admittedly very high standard from previous stays at breakfast though. Coffee machine (same as Hampton next door) for speciality coffees which tastes rubbish. The hot food is now presented in different warm covered buffet trays instead of on the buklt in warm trays they had on the kitchen counter and the quality was a little lower of those warm items but still quite good (just not excellent as previously).

used premium (not the basic service) internet and wasn't charged so that was good (without having to have it removed at check out). Might have been lucky as parking also not charged (did enter reg. on tablet) so was happy about that.

all in all a good stay and I very much like the hotel still.

Tomorrow night I've booked an exec room so will see if the upgrade me further and report back.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:32 pm

Didn't make it to the 8th floor bar this time as ended up having a few downtown with friends but I'm back tomorrrow night and will likely hit it then.

Breakfast was very good, granola still here ^ , some lowering of the admittedly very high standard from previous stays at breakfast though. Coffee machine (same as Hampton next door) for speciality coffees which tastes rubbish. The hot food is now presented in different warm covered buffet trays instead of on the buklt in warm trays they had on the kitchen counter and the quality was a little lower of those warm items but still quite good (just not excellent as previously).

used premium (not the basic service) internet and wasn't charged so that was good (without having to have it removed at check out). Might have been lucky as parking also not charged (did enter reg. on tablet) so was happy about that.

all in all a good stay and I very much like the hotel still.

Tomorrow night I've booked an exec room so will see if the upgrade me further and report back.
Hilton Bournemouth is one of my favs too, I have a road trip coming up on 7th April and nearly decided to head south again just to hit London , ageas and here but I've not been north for a while so gonna do burton/Manchester and Liverpool , no particular reason just to get some stay credited as I've only got 3 stays so far this year.......thanks for the reports!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Enjoy your trip Wizla, sounds like a good time. ^

just checked in here again for another night (another cash stay) for work purposes. Online check in only showed exec room (which i'd booked in the sale) so didn't continue and asked about upgrade at reception: received jnr. Suite which is a great room here without issue.

in the sky bar now and it's hopping as some graduation function from University going on!

Will see if breakfast is same as earlier this week or better, have a bit more time tomorrow to enjoy a bit of a lie in...

safe travels
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:38 am
Original Poster

A few more pictures from Hilton Bournemouth and a few comments from my stay:

Poster in Jnr. Suite Bedroom:

Hilton Bournemouth | Poster by BA_pics, on Flickr

An example of interior of Level 8 Bar seating:

Hilton Bournemouth | Level 8 Bar interior by BA_pics, on Flickr

Partial Sea View from windows of Level 8 Bar:

Hilton Bournemouth | view to sea from level 8 bar by BA_pics, on Flickr

So, premium internet is indeed free here and they do proactively take it off the bill (it will appear on the automated bill that gets generated and sent to you by email early in the morning though) I did check this and it was proactively removed for diamonds. ^

Parking is not free, I was just lucky last time, this time it was charged.

I did note that the Level 8 bar, although it had good service, did put an automatic service charge on the bill they brought me (and it was 12.5%, not the typical 10% one expects).

I imbibed a bit too much the night before so didn't make it to breakfast the next morning before the 10 AM cut off so ended up cradling my poor head and retreating to one of the nearby coffee shops about a 5 minute walk away (starbucks, costa and caffe nero are all within 100m of each other) to rid myself of gremlins although for my sins there were plenty of single moms with toddlers gleefully punishing me!

Not back again for a couple of weeks but looking forward to my next stay here.

EDIT: Jnr. Suites are rooms with x25 number and are located on the 'elbow' junction of the hotel floor plan for those that are interested. The two Jnr. Suites I've had are both the same layout and excellent in terms of size and quality. ^

Safe travels

Last edited by BotB; Apr 1, 2017 at 2:45 am Reason: adding room details
Old May 1, 2017, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Staying here tonight, upgraded to one bed suite ^

Was showing at online check-in this morning so did check in online.

Have a sea view suite (x01 room numbers) which has a. Ice wrap around balcony and two chairs, shame the weather is not better! (Thunderstorm this afternoon with hail and lightning/thunder).

Some very posh cars out front this afternoon but imagine they are in the sky bar, likely footballers.

Hoping breakfast will be great tomorrow, will report back as a flash car driver I know says!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.