Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bournemouth {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by wizla
Quote:

Ha, I'm here this weekend too ( Sunday and Monday night)...... I will bring some poolside earplugs! Lol......have fun mate.
Don't worry, we are there Friday night, and leaving Saturday :-)

Although would have been nice to say hello
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by stewaran
Don't worry, we are there Friday night, and leaving Saturday :-)

Although would have been nice to say hello
Oh ok, yes it would have been good to see you too, I met botb here last trip and we had a good time in lounge that night, you will love it!, don't forget to let us know how you get on, safe travels.

Ps - the chocolate torte in the lounge at afternoon tea is a MUST!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Ps - the chocolate torte in the lounge at afternoon tea is a MUST!
Sounds good, although not sure there will be any left for Sunday
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:49 am

[QUOTE=stewaran;26381033]Sounds good, although not sure there will be any left for Sunday [/QUOTE

Bloody better be!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
We are back but didn't get the massive upgrade. The hotel breakfast's are still superb. A mango theme this morning on the themed counter, cubed, granola and smoothy. There is improvement needed in clearing and turning tables around, the queues were extremely large after 9.

Lounge great.

This is still one of the best Hilton's.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:20 pm

Unfortunately I've had to cancel my stay here for Sunday/Monday night, there is currently bad weather on the south coast at the minute and is supposed to get worse before it gets better, no point going if we can't walk along the prom.....may reschedule for next weekend prices permitting, or may swap for Hilton Canary Wharf...will see.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Unfortunately I've had to cancel my stay here for Sunday/Monday night, there is currently bad weather on the south coast at the minute and is supposed to get worse before it gets better, no point going if we can't walk along the prom.....may reschedule for next weekend prices permitting, or may swap for Hilton Canary Wharf...will see.
The weather has got worse. Friday was wonderful - we had lunch in. Portsmouth looking over the sea and it was hot - only needed a t-shirt to feel OK. Today was windy, but we had a nice walk down the beach into Poole.

Compared to out last visit when it was difficult to walk against the wind it is positively Spring weather😃
Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by flyoff
The weather has got worse. Friday was wonderful - we had lunch in. Portsmouth looking over the sea and it was hot - only needed a t-shirt to feel OK. Today was windy, but we had a nice walk down the beach into Poole.

Compared to out last visit when it was difficult to walk against the wind it is positively Spring weather😃
Yes, apparently storm Katie is gonna hit overnight/tomorrow morning.....it will be rough.
I'm now gonna stay at Hilton Canary Wharf Monday eve instead.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just back from a lovely stay here. Upgraded to a King Executive room with a sea view. Room on the 8th floor, but no noise heard from the bar. Quiet air con too, which even new hotels seem to have a problem with, but ok here!

Lounge was never too crowded. Had breakfast in the restaurant. My only negative comment would be about the sausages. They could do with a nicer banger, just tasted cheap, if you know what I mean!

Slept very well, so I'll certainly be back next time I'm down there.

A taxi is about £6-7 to/from the station.

Hilton Bournemouth executive lounge afternoon tea by chistery, on Flickr

Sea view from the Executive King room by chistery, on Flickr
Old May 29, 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by chistery
Just back from a lovely stay here. Upgraded to a King Executive room with a sea view. Room on the 8th floor, but no noise heard from the bar. Quiet air con too, which even new hotels seem to have a problem with, but ok here!

Lounge was never too crowded. Had breakfast in the restaurant. My only negative comment would be about the sausages. They could do with a nicer banger, just tasted cheap, if you know what I mean!

Slept very well, so I'll certainly be back next time I'm down there.

A taxi is about £6-7 to/from the station.

Hilton Bournemouth executive lounge afternoon tea by chistery, on Flickr

Sea view from the Executive King room by chistery, on Flickr
Thanks for the trip report, glad you had a nice stay.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Just checked in for 2 night paid stay. Given no upgrade by receptionist despite Hilton website having all room categories. Went back and asked to speak to Front Desk manager.

She held the line on being full , they clearly aren't but said I could have a junior suite if we wait until 6pm.

Was upgraded twice to the big suites before. Dont know if times are changing here

EDIT : we've gone from Asahi 330ml beer in the fridge in the Exec lounge available all day on New Years Day to 275ml bottles of Carlsberg available 6-7.30

Last edited by Geoggy; May 31, 2016 at 11:18 am
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
Just checked in for 2 night paid stay. Given no upgrade by receptionist despite Hilton website having all room categories. Went back and asked to speak to Front Desk manager.

She held the line on being full , they clearly aren't but said I could have a junior suite if we wait until 6pm.

Was upgraded twice to the big suites before. Dont know if times are changing here

EDIT : we've gone from Asahi 330ml beer in the fridge in the Exec lounge available all day on New Years Day to 275ml bottles of Carlsberg available 6-7.30
Rah......carlsberg tastes like fizzy water to me.....lets hope this is a temporary arrangement.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:32 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Here tomorrow, checked-in online via app after being upgraded to King exec from basic room this evening (earlier was still showing basic King room).

Had proactive email asking if I needed anything arranged beforehand and some offer on that one gets 500 points if you eat in restaurant/bar.

As wizla says 'I'll report back'
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by BotB
Here tomorrow, checked-in online via app after being upgraded to King exec from basic room this evening (earlier was still showing basic King room).

Had proactive email asking if I needed anything arranged beforehand and some offer on that one gets 500 points if you eat in restaurant/bar.

As wizla says 'I'll report back'
Haha, yup....good man!
Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:37 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Checked in @ 20:00 no further upgrade but at least quick efficient check in to get key. Exec room as in pictures on first page with bath on 6th floor. Key didn't work for exec lounge so had to go back down to get it sorted, no big deal but a detail they could have sorted first time around. Arrived in exec lounge after 8 so no food or alcohol out, just two groups in lounge still and soft drinks or water only. Will try breakfast in restaurant tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.