Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bournemouth {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by wizla
Just wondering if the executive lounge has permanently closed….. nothing at all on the website ( app ) or the amenities list.
Has anyone heard?….used to be quite decent.
Pretty sure it was mentioned when I was looking to stay a couple of months ago.

We didn't stay there in the end.

- just checked and the rooms no longer mention it. so maybe it has gone the same as the Ageas Bowl....
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Pretty sure it was mentioned when I was looking to stay a couple of months ago.

We didn't stay there in the end.

- just checked and the rooms no longer mention it. so maybe it has gone the same as the Ageas Bowl....
Yep I believe you are correct, not announced but simply disappeared under the cloak of Covid…… very disappointing!
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:43 am

Yep I believe you are correct, not announced but simply disappeared under the cloak of Covid…… very disappointing!
UPDATE - I just called them, they do still have an executive lounge but it’s only open Monday to Thursday and exclusively for Diamond members only.
GentleGiant likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like they need a brand audit ASAP
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:52 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
UPDATE - I just called them, they do still have an executive lounge but it’s only open Monday to Thursday and exclusively for Diamond members only.
To be fair , five people in there and its packed. I was immensely underwhelmed by the space. Its ok just throw a couple of drinks down you neck and line your stomach with a snack but thats about it.

It's hardly aspiration and I wont be rushing back anytime soon.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
To be fair , five people in there and its packed. I was immensely underwhelmed by the space. Its ok just throw a couple of drinks down you neck and line your stomach with a snack but thats about it.

It's hardly aspiration and I wont be rushing back anytime soon.
Oh really?….that sounds very disappointing indeed, yet I’m strangely not surprised..
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:27 am

I’m here tomorrow night guys….will do the usual live reporting.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:17 pm

Arrived 12-45pm, no upgrade as Aston Villa football club are staying here and all the suites are booked so no upgrade but room was ready regardless and check in was swift.

KING GUEST ROOM - it’s very nice and a decent size, nice decor and air con is almost silent yet efficient, bathroom a little small but big bath and shower over bath arrangement, surprised to see two bathrobes in wardrobe as room is not a deluxe.
We spent the afternoon laying on the beach as the weather is great in the uk currently returning around 5-15pm, she took a bath ( she reports it’s a decent size and deep ) I went off to the spa.
The spa here is very nice, I arrived @ 6pm which was perfect as it’s adults only after 6pm so area was quiet and peaceful, decent sauna which was plenty hot enough, didn’t try steam room , jacuzzi is built into side of pool and was pleasant.
Changing rooms smart , clean and monsoon showers….all works very well , plenty of towels too.

Was given 2 drink chits to use in sky bar or lounge bar , these are valid for any drink except cocktails.
We are off out for dinner and will give it a look ( sky bar ) on return…….will report back!
Tat28 and MP001 like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:41 pm

Arrived 12-45pm, no upgrade as Aston Villa football club are staying here and all the suites are booked so no upgrade but room was ready regardless and check in was swift.

KING GUEST ROOM - it’s very nice and a decent size, nice decor and air con is almost silent yet efficient, bathroom a little small but big bath and shower over bath arrangement, surprised to see two bathrobes in wardrobe as room is not a deluxe.
We spent the afternoon laying on the beach as the weather is great in the uk currently returning around 5-15pm, she took a bath ( she reports it’s a decent size and deep ) I went off to the spa.
The spa here is very nice, I arrived @ 6pm which was perfect as it’s adults only after 6pm so area was quiet and peaceful, decent sauna which was plenty hot enough, didn’t try steam room , jacuzzi is built into side of pool and was pleasant.
Changing rooms smart , clean and monsoon showers….all works very well , plenty of towels too.

Was given 2 drink chits to use in sky bar or lounge bar , these are valid for any drink except cocktails.
We are off out for dinner and will give it a look ( sky bar ) on return…….will report back!
Decided to go to sky bar before dinner, it’s quite a big bar area on top floor ( separate lift required) , it was kinda nice but lacked atmosphere, used drink chits for pint of Ashi and a gin and tonic, no issues except service was slow, outside area quite large too.

We went out to dinner and returned around 9-30pm, quick nightcap in bar ….. this has a few seats but nothing comfortable, slightly disappointing but it was lively in the restaurant and looked nice.

Now about to retire, spa open at 8am on weekends so will indulge, maybe gym too if up early enough…..
Will report back!
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IHG

------------------------------

I was staying one time to watch a ballroom dance competition. There was a fire alarm in the late evening and the whole Watford team was in the lobby. I got to chat with Troy Deeney. It's nice that Bournemouth is back in the Premier League.
wizla likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by AmericanCasey
------------------------------

I was staying one time to watch a ballroom dance competition. There was a fire alarm in the late evening and the whole Watford team was in the lobby. I got to chat with Troy Deeney. It's nice that Bournemouth is back in the Premier League.
Yes I’ve been chatting to Aston Villa in the spa, seem like a nice bunch of lads, big game for them today apparently.

Slept well but had trouble getting to sleep as the lift for the sky bar is not far from room ind I heard until very late…. Just been to spa ( opens at 8am ) it was actually fairly busy….grabbed a take away coffee from restaurant on way through, very nice, no extra shot required here.

Forgot to mention you still have to book a slot for breakfast here, we have 9am so now off……will report back on the offerings.
AmericanCasey likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:09 am

Yes I’ve been chatting to Aston Villa in the spa, seem like a nice bunch of lads, big game for them today apparently.

Slept well but had trouble getting to sleep as the lift for the sky bar is not far from room ind I heard until very late…. Just been to spa ( opens at 8am ) it was actually fairly busy….grabbed a take away coffee from restaurant on way through, very nice, no extra shot required here.

Forgot to mention you still have to book a slot for breakfast here, we have 9am so now off……will report back on the offerings.
BREAKFAST - busy but manageable, shown to a nice window seat……nice selection of proper juices , fruit selection disappointing , no grapefruit segments just pineapple and melon……. Did have some nice cereals , unusual to see Söak ( a type of Swiss chocolate granola) , some great yogurts ( high end like Bankside) waffles and pancakes.
Hot selection was good too, hot plates , nice field mushrooms ( again unusual for a Hilton).
I finished with a cappuccino ( from machine) , I’ve got to say it was one of the best I’ve had from a Hilton, my lady agreed .
All good, very happy.

Tried for a late checkout as we want to have a look around the town, they could only manage 1pm as hotel is fully booked tonight….
I will check out online later and report back here with my conclusion later.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:42 pm

BREAKFAST - busy but manageable, shown to a nice window seat……nice selection of proper juices , fruit selection disappointing , no grapefruit segments just pineapple and melon……. Did have some nice cereals , unusual to see Söak ( a type of Swiss chocolate granola) , some great yogurts ( high end like Bankside) waffles and pancakes.
Hot selection was good too, hot plates , nice field mushrooms ( again unusual for a Hilton).
I finished with a cappuccino ( from machine) , I’ve got to say it was one of the best I’ve had from a Hilton, my lady agreed .
All good, very happy.

Tried for a late checkout as we want to have a look around the town, they could only manage 1pm as hotel is fully booked tonight….
I will check out online later and report back here with my conclusion later.
CHECK OUT - We checked out at 12-30pm ( online )after going for an after breakfast wander around the town, it’s nice with a really pleasant park just over the road.
We also spent some time on the beach lazing around until 3pm before deciding to collect the car and leave, I asked in the spa if I could have a quick shower before leaving even although I checked out 2 hours ago ,they were more than happy to and handed me a towel, this was so handy to wash off the sand and sun tan lotion and basically freshen up for the drive up to Bracknell.

CONCLUSION- brilliant stay, I wouldn’t recommend the rooms on the beach side around the #30 - #40 area as you can clearly hear the sky bar lift, it’s not too bad but slightly obtrusive for a light sleeper…..that said it’s a great hotel, bed comfy, clean and tidy….the spa is top notch too, I would happily recommend and return….executive lounge is open mon -thurs but drink chits given outside these days…. Parking appears free for Diamonds.

ROOM NO - 630

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree by Hilton st Anne’s park Bracknell. ( I’m here now )
tinyburst likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Here tonight on a last minute booking on points.

70,000 instead of £341!

No upgrade as full for a bank holiday weekend.

However opened water in the fridge wasn't a good start. Awaiting new bottles.

I am not sure what food options are local, but might see what I can find. Or eat here.

Told lounge closed tonight, not looked up the thread so not sure if this is a permanent thing.

Given drinks token for a house drink (whatever that is) - doesn't seem to be any drink like wizla got. Unsure.

​​​​​​Breakfast booked for 8am when it starts on a weekend.

​​​​​
Old Aug 27, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by
Told lounge closed tonight, not looked up the thread so not sure if this is a permanent thing.

Given drinks token for a house drink (whatever that is) - doesn't seem to be any drink like [utag=669411
wizla[/utag] got. Unsure.

​​​​​

​​​​​
lounge only open Monday to Thursday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.