Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:53 am

Booked three nights at the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas, a standard non strip View room and upgraded to a high floor strip view junior suite.
pzpa likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Booked 4 nights at the Conrad Fort Lauderdale. Booked the Junior Suite Partial Oceanview, was upgraded to the One Bedroom Suite Partial Oceanview.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
HILTON LONDON CANARY WHARF - booked entry level double guest room , upgraded the night before to a junior suite.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
When I resumed travel in April, I thought upgrades would be more plentiful because hotels were not full. I was wrong. I have gotten exactly one upgrade, and that was a premium king, not a suite. On a couple occasions, there were better rooms available on the app when I checked in, but i didn't push it. My general impression is that hotels are testing the waters to see how little they can provide and still have you stay. Different hotels have cut different services and amenities--the one that takes the cake for me is the Doubletree Westminster CO, where I stayed last week, where they only provide in-stay housekeeping and towels if you ask for it. Add the new policy on breakfast and the whole status thing is open to question.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 4:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jcresq
When I resumed travel in April, I thought upgrades would be more plentiful because hotels were not full. I was wrong. I have gotten exactly one upgrade, and that was a premium king, not a suite. On a couple occasions, there were better rooms available on the app when I checked in, but i didn't push it. My general impression is that hotels are testing the waters to see how little they can provide and still have you stay. Different hotels have cut different services and amenities--the one that takes the cake for me is the Doubletree Westminster CO, where I stayed last week, where they only provide in-stay housekeeping and towels if you ask for it. Add the new policy on breakfast and the whole status thing is open to question.
If it makes you fee better, I traveled all throughout 2020 when travel was at its nadir and upgrades were just as sparse then as before COVID.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
Booked three nights in king premium room at Hilton Canopy in Reykjavik. Upgraded to junior suite. Early check in at 10:30 am given. Excellent free breakfast seemed to be available to all status levels.
Leonvomp likes this.

Last edited by Mike B; Jul 22, 2021 at 8:16 am
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
CMK10, doesn't really make me feel better!

I just got a lovely upgrade at the DT Wilmington Downtown to a huge named suite (Christiana Suite?) with a conference table, the whole nine yards. Except...the lamp on the desk didn't work, one of the end table lamps didn't work because there was no electric outlet anywhere near it, and there were no outlets near the bed. So, I guess you just can't have everything!
Old Jul 25, 2021, 5:55 am

Programs: IHG Rewards-Platinum, BAEC-Blue, Hilton Hhonors-Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, MR, SPG
Have been meaning to post some updates going back to 2016, but mods feel free to archive or delete, though hopefully still of some use or interest to others here :-)

DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld

Booked King Main Tower Guest Room

Upgraded to King Main Tower Junior Suite

Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: IHG Rewards-Platinum, BAEC-Blue, Hilton Hhonors-Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, MR, SPG

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Boston - Cambridge

Booked City Skyline King Suite

Upgraded to River View King Suite with Seperate Bedroom

Old Jul 26, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
London Hilton Park Lane

Two nights points redemption in a King Room - upgraded to a high floor Cosmopolitan Suite. I am a Honors Diamond.
wizla likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 6:05 am

WA Rome Cavelieri - one night points stay at standard room award (King Deluxe). Upgraded to Park Suite the night before check-in as a Hilton Diamond.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:26 pm

LONDON HILTON CANARY WHARF - booked double guest room and pre upgraded to a junior suite.
mradey and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:33 pm

DOUBLETREE BY HILTON FORREST PINES SPA AND GOLF RESORT - booked two entry level rooms , one upgraded to a j.suite the other to a one bedroom suite on a two night stay.

Last edited by wizla; Sep 16, 2021 at 1:34 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 26, 2021, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hilton Berlin

Hi,

At the Hilton Berlin for a 4 night stay ( sat-wed) I had booked a King Deluxe room and got upgraded to a Corner Suite Dome view ( Hallway, large living room with working desk and sofa, bathroom and bedroom) -very nice and fantastic dome views

Regards

TBS
wizla and Kentish Steve like this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 8:13 am

Hawaiian Village Waikiki for 2 night stay upgraded to Rainbow Jr. Suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.