Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by escape4
This is one of the properties where Amex FHR offers 3rd night free so if by chance you need a stay of exactly 3 nights it can get even better, about 800 SGD including taxes for 3 nights which averages down to 267 SGD per night, without mentioning the 100 USD credit too.
Shhh, don’t tell everyone Indeed, or a multiple of 3 and the rate is available for back to back bookings. It’s very very good value and I hope it continues!
escape4 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Interesting all these people pining for suites

I'm 0/8 for suites, across 3 years
Cynicor likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by peachy3
Interesting all these people pining for suites

I'm 0/8 for suites, across 3 years
I'm 0/26 over 20 years including Honeymoon nite (points) which was noted in reservation.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:02 pm

I’m somewhere similar, must be 1/25 or something.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by Cynicor
I’m somewhere similar, must be 1/25 or something.
And always Diamond. The Lounge is the only thing that keeps me returning. If the Champagne goes, I go elsewhere.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Chang11
And always Diamond. The Lounge is the only thing that keeps me returning. If the Champagne goes, I go elsewhere.
Its gone 2 months now and not coming back. Also sparkling wine only during breakfast and evening hours. The local IPAs are gone too.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Poo. Looks like I'll just stay at the RC next door for my conferences then. Just hurts my wallet a lot more, that's all!
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:31 am

Wow. No one has said they are entitled. We are just highlighting our experiences so people know how likely it is. Versus your helpful post...
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Book suite if you want it. Not deserved, and you’re not entitled to it, even if Diamond, which is so easily achievable with no effort these days. Might get lucky sometimes if not super busy. Jeez.
This property doesnt give hoots about loyalty. The two lounge deviousness started here. its a matter of time when its implemented, and then you will be complaining about relegation to the basement lounge.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Book suite if you want it. Not deserved, and you’re not entitled to it, even if Diamond, which is so easily achievable with no effort these days. Might get lucky sometimes if not super busy. Jeez.
Not specific to the Singapore market, but I would say that given that several Marriott and Hyatt hotel chains upgrade to suites more generously than Hilton when available, there are people including myself that will take this into consideration for stays when a suite matters enough to pick a hotel which might upgrade, but not matter enough to pay for it to guarantee having the suite.

If I know that a Grand Hyatt is likely to upgrade me to a suite if available and a Conrad won't, then I might book at Conrad but it will have to make up for the lower likelihood of a suite in other ways, for example better service, better lounge, or lower price.

I think it's relevant for people to mention their suite upgrade success on FT and valuable info to me.

Some hotels don't upgrade to suites even when the hotel is half empty and suites unoccupied. I would rather know this information before booking my stay.
alp67 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by EGW1
Shhh, don’t tell everyone Indeed, or a multiple of 3 and the rate is available for back to back bookings. It’s very very good value and I hope it continues!
Interesting. If you book back to back 3 nights stays, do you get the $100 credit twice or only once?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Interesting. If you book back to back 3 nights stays, do you get the $100 credit twice or only once?
You get it for each separate booking.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAway
You get it for each separate booking.
Are you sure? In the booking confirmation from Amex FHR, this is what it said:

"Should you return to the same hotel within 24 hours, then the stay will be counted as one stay and benefits will apply per one booking". This makes total sense to me, because otherwise, people would book 7x 1-night stays and get $700 in F&B credits.

Originally Posted by verbyournoun
yeah that does seem good. Where did you use the credit?
We used the credit for dinner at Oscar's. We shared an appetiser and had a main each, and soft drinks with it. Bill came out to 113 SGD including service charge and VAT, so basically blew the entire $100 there.

We are just about to end our quick 1-night stay here. At the time of booking, all of the twin beds at the hotel were taken due to a larger tour booking. Reservations still was able to accommodate me and my friend, which was really appreciated. I'm Diamond and booked it with FHR to get the $100 USD credit, which translated to 127 SGD off. Works for any applicable charge, so not only F&B. We were upgraded one level to the Grand Deluxe Twin, which was fine as we were here for literally 20 hours and had no use for a suite.

Overall I would say this property is somewhat underwhelming. The lounge is a zoo - impossible to get any seats, and the food offerings were meh. The breakfast at Oscar's is of good quality, but the spread is also underwhelming and limited compared to comparable properties in Singapore and Asia. For the rate we paid, 400 SGD including all taxes and the FHR benefits, it was good value, but I would not return for a longer stay.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ashkale
Its gone 2 months now and not coming back. Also sparkling wine only during breakfast and evening hours. The local IPAs are gone too.
I requested a glass of the LP at the bar in 4th Floor lounge during a 1 night stay last week just before the evening happy hour ended and after phoning the Lobby Lounge to check if she could, was served a glass. I didn’t request a top-up!
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Are you sure? In the booking confirmation from Amex FHR, this is what it said:
"Should you return to the same hotel within 24 hours, then the stay will be counted as one stay and benefits will apply per one booking". This makes total sense to me, because otherwise, people would book 7x 1-night stays and get $700 in F&B credits.
I asked in the FHR master thread and someone confirmed what you just said, see post #387
FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

You only get the credit once so there is no benefit of cutting your reservation in several pieces.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.