Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Alawyer
It is the Chinese New Year holidays. Expect hordes of tourists though bad behavior is not necessarily indicative of the origin of the tourists. I had some firm words with some kids from Korea who thought it was fun to jump into the pool in front of me while I was reading my papers. And yes the water temperature was as icy as the mood we were in that day.

Lucked out on the Terrace Suite as well from a deluxe corner room booking.
You yelled at kids for jumping in the pool? Isnt that what kids do? I mean, if you want to give them and their parents a hard time for acting up in the lounge but I would think at the pool that is what you would expect...unless I am not quite getting the situation.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by Kacee
Are they now selling to large tour groups from the mainland?
I don't think so -- but certainly a lot of Asian clientele. The lounge was often full during cocktail hour but not packed, as it is sometimes (such as over New Years). Still had a good stay despite the lack of an upgrade.

Originally Posted by Matthew_22
Out of curiosity, how would you compare the two hotels?
Comparisons are in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...nd-tha-48.html. I prefer the Conrad for several reasons but since I usually stay in Sukhumvit, occasionally staying elsewhere is nice for a change of pace. The rooms at the Millennium are small, showing their age, and certainly inferior to the Conrad, but their suites are reasonably nice and the view of the river is great. If it matters, there are often tour buses at the Millennium.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:32 pm

I have an upcoming stay at this hotel using the previous VISA BOGO deal.
1st 2 night's room was booked and showing as "KING BED EXECUTIVE CORNER"
the other 2 nights I booked later is showing as "KING BED DELUXE CORNER"

Is there a major difference? If not, I might ask at check in to give us both deluxe corner for all 4 nights. (I am a Diamond FWIW) Also, how is Bangkok with capacity control? I might have a 2 friends crashing at my room for first 2 nights. Will that be a problem? Can I request rolleraway in BKK?

Thank you all
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:44 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by xgeorge1

Is there a major difference? If not, I might ask at check in to give us both deluxe corner for all 4 nights. (I am a Diamond FWIW) Also, how is Bangkok with capacity control? I might have a 2 friends crashing at my room for first 2 nights. Will that be a problem? Can I request rolleraway in BKK?

Thank you all
As far as I know they are the same. I never saw any point to pay extra for Exec corner, as like you Diamond so lounge access anyway.
As far extra rollaway, it is big enough, but I am sure they will charge you something
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond

Is there a major difference? If not, I might ask at check in to give us both deluxe corner for all 4 nights. (I am a Diamond FWIW) Also, how is Bangkok with capacity control? I might have 2 friends crashing at my room for first 2 nights. Will that be a problem? Can I request rollaway in BKK?

Thank you all
As a diamond, there's no real difference. Exec will be on a higher floor, deluxe is lower floor, but they are the same room. The views at the hotel aren't that great and there's not much difference from the top or the middle floors... in theory, exec is better but certainly not worth the hassle of moving.

There's not a huge amount of extra floor space for rollaways, nor sofa space, so it doesn't strike me as particularly easy. Your best bet is to see whether they could move you into the Residences instead, or just rebook into the Residences beforehand as the rates tend not to be that different.

There are twin corner rooms available too but I wouldn't expect them to be suitable for more than two people (although I've never stayed in one, I just can't see how you could comfortably get two larger beds into the room).
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by gav0106
As far as I know they are the same. I never saw any point to pay extra for Exec corner, as like you Diamond so lounge access anyway.
As far extra rollaway, it is big enough, but I am sure they will charge you something
Originally Posted by Cymro
As a diamond, there's no real difference. Exec will be on a higher floor, deluxe is lower floor, but they are the same room. The views at the hotel aren't that great and there's not much difference from the top or the middle floors... in theory, exec is better but certainly not worth the hassle of moving.

There's not a huge amount of extra floor space for rollaways, nor sofa space, so it doesn't strike me as particularly easy. Your best bet is to see whether they could move you into the Residences instead, or just rebook into the Residences beforehand as the rates tend not to be that different.

There are twin corner rooms available too but I wouldn't expect them to be suitable for more than two people (although I've never stayed in one, I just can't see how you could comfortably get two larger beds into the room).
Thanks for the info, I will contact hotel and see how much extra for rolleraway. Is "Residences" bookable through Conrad? I dont see it under room type. Also, I got my first 2nights initially through VISA BOGO so not sure how that plays into this here..
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
It's not a room type - it's a separate property when booking but the Residences (apartment block next door) are physically connected and can be accessed via the front desk. Not sure what impact the Visa booking would have on that.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
It's not a room type - it's a separate property when booking but the Residences (apartment block next door) are physically connected and can be accessed via the front desk. Not sure what impact the Visa booking would have on that.
I see, then most likely this would invalid the VISA deal.. I might just tell my friends to either crash on the floor or get their own rooms since it's their choice.

What about lounge access? What are the chances of 4 people accessing at same time? Or maybe switch off? 1 pair goes first, then my friends go in later, either when I am still at the lounge or after I leave?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Anyone knows what the typical lowest rates are for this hotel (during a sale)?
I am tempted to secure a 3 night stay in November for THB 3923++ per night (prepaid - base room) which seems the same rate as it was during the recent Asia sale...? If rates typically go much lower than this I would wait but if this rate is low already, I would of course book... :-)
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Anyone knows what the typical lowest rates are for this hotel (during a sale)?
I am tempted to secure a 3 night stay in November for THB 3923++ per night (prepaid - base room) which seems the same rate as it was during the recent Asia sale...? If rates typically go much lower than this I would wait but if this rate is low already, I would of course book... :-)
I paid 3375++ per night for a 2 night prepaid stay in early October 2016.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:00 pm

Anyone has insight on multiple people from same accessing lounge at same time? what is the entrance policy?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
rescinded post
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Anyone has insight on multiple people from same accessing lounge at same time? what is the entrance policy?
If the staff don't recognize you, they'll ask for your room number. If the number of people in your party exceeds the number registered at check in, then likely the extra folks will be charged at the lounge guest rate (can't remember what it is offhand).
Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I stayed at the Conrad Bangkok three times for three nights recently. I was given a room on the top floor once and corner rooms on lower floors twice. Diamond status was recognized at check in.

Housekeeping took my uneaten welcome chocolates three times running. I complained and got a replacement plate. They left the fruit but took the chocolate.

Behind the hotel (through the ballroom entrance) is a road that runs parallel to Wireless. There is a by the kilo laundry off an alley way nearby. If you go out of the ballroom entrance and turn left (towards the BTS stop at Phloen Chit) and then immediately cross the street and then turn right down the alley and go all they way to the end of the alley, there is an apartment building on the right. The laundry is just off the reception area. Overnight service.

There are vendors with street food in the alley way if you like street food.

There are also a number of bars and restaurants there, too.

We found Artur's restaurant which has amazing steak (probably the best steak I've had). It's off the street which parallels Wireless on the other side of the hotel (behind the embassies). (There is a sign for Artur's at the corner). It's in a residential hotel.

The lounge was full, but not crowded while we were there. The food offerings are ho hum.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I recently stayed at the Conrad Bangkok. As HH D, I am usually upgraded to a corner room, which is very nice. I found the executive lounge offerings in the evening to be impressive. Five hot food items, multiple cold nibbles, rolls, cheese, a cold soup. A red, white and sparkling wine available. The lounge can be busy in the evening, but did manage to accommodate everyone. No one stole my welcome chocolates. The Conrad continues to give me a silk elephant with my visits - I have a herd now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.