Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by robnc35
Staying at the conrad friday till monday this week I'm Diamond. Just wondering if i should go ahead and request a upgrade via Hilton App or wait till i get to the hotel and see what i might get? Just wanted some advice from some folks who have stayed here before
Thanks
I have pre-paid for Terrace Suite before, as I actually wanted that room.

Last visit I waited. Booked deluxe corner room. They gave me upgrade to Exec Corner Room, which is the same, and I get lounge access anyway as Diamond. They then gaveme Terrace Suite instead ^
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
thanks gav
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Staying at the conrad friday till monday this week I'm Diamond. Just wondering if i should go ahead and request a upgrade via Hilton App or wait till i get to the hotel and see what i might get? Just wanted some advice from some folks who have stayed here before
Thanks .
It's strange, sometimes I'm upgraded 1-2 days before arrival, where the upgraded room type is changed online. More recently though, my upgrades don't occur until I arrive at the hotel (when I don't check in online) or after I check in online. And then of course, sometimes I don't receive any upgrade.

So, it really depends on how many upgraded rooms there are available for your entire stay, and where you are on their upgrade list (I assume that depends, at least in part, on previous stays at their property and room type/rate booked).

If you want to ensure a particular room type upgrade, then put in a paid request in advance. If you're willing to gamble, knowing that you may not receive a room upgrade (other than to an executive floor with lounge privileges), then don't.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Thanks
Originally Posted by gav0106
I have pre-paid for Terrace Suite before, as I actually wanted that room.

Last visit I waited. Booked deluxe corner room. They gave me upgrade to Exec Corner Room, which is the same, and I get lounge access anyway as Diamond. They then gave me Terrace Suite instead ^
I was there a few weeks ago. First stay. I had booked a pre-paid King Deluxe corner. I saw on the app that we had been upgraded to a Executive King Suite 1 or 2 days prior to arrival. Did not do OLCI. At hotel check-in, we were upgraded to a Terrace Suite. ^^^

We had a great stay and will certainly go back again.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:00 am

OLCI has no influence on upgrades at the Conrad BKK.

If you don't get an upgrade (or not your prefered one), you should ask at the check-in for it.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:27 am

thanks for the input guys i think i will gamble and wait till check in.. i guess it just depends on availability if the hotel is packed with Diamonds and paying customers in those preferred rooms then I'm out of luck. Not really a huge deal we will be out most of the time doing lunch and dinner with friends. I will report back next week
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:11 am

Well they upgraded me to king deluxe suite today for my arrival tomorrow thumbs up Conrad Bangkok
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I have a few stays coming up here in a King Deluxe Suite (which includes lounge access) and am wondering what is the best My Way setting for a Gold member. I'm hoping to get full breakfast downstairs at Café@2.

Does the "continental breakfast" My Way setting get you full breakfast or just cold stuff (in which case might as well eat in the lounge)?

Do golds normally get a choice of breakfast in the lounge or downstairs anyway, even if set to earn points?

Thanks in advance! I searched for a while but couldn't find the answer.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BigE
Do golds normally get a choice of breakfast in the lounge or downstairs anyway, even if set to earn points?
When I stayed as a Gold a few years ago, you could do either.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:02 am

Just had a great stay here this weekend booked basic room was upgraded to king deluxe suite as diamond was a huge room. Although the lounge didn't serve alcohol because of buddhist holiday(all hotels had to do the same) really nice weekend (i brought my own spirits to drink knowing they would not serve anything except for room service alcohol wise)

For the money 4100 thb really good value. Im Spire/Ambassador with IHG and we do not get any of these benefits have to pay for upgrade for the lounge at intercontinental which i would put on par with this hotel

Last edited by robnc35; Jul 9, 2017 at 6:11 am
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by Kacee
When I stayed as a Gold a few years ago, you could do either.
Thanks, Kacee. I set my preference to earn the 1000 points and still got the option of breakfast downstairs.

So that worked out well. Unfortunately, neither my wife nor I enjoyed any of the evening lounge offerings (afternoon tea was decent, though). We stayed again 4 days later (tonight) and it was the same food. We just had a quick drink and went to a restaurant in the mall. Here's to hoping it's not the same every day (maybe a 4-day cycle?).
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Just wrapped up a 2 night stay as a Gold. Can't say I was impressed.

I booked a room for 3, ended up getting an extra bed which apparently cost me my upgrade. The front desk staff said they'd already set up the third bed in a "bigger" room, so I couldn't be moved to anything better. When I got to that "bigger" room, the extra bed wasn't even there, taking nearly 2 hours to arrive. The bathtub was quite dirty, and the shower made a rather loud dripping sound when draining.

They also tried to charge me for the third person's breakfast by offering a "special package" of THB500+ per day, which I refused.

I wouldn't be rushing back anytime soon.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
I booked a room for 3, ended up getting an extra bed which apparently cost me my upgrade. The front desk staff said they'd already set up the third bed in a "bigger" room, so I couldn't be moved to anything better. When I got to that "bigger" room, the extra bed wasn't even there, taking nearly 2 hours to arrive. The bathtub was quite dirty, and the shower made a rather loud dripping sound when draining.
Did you get a corner room? If so, they are considerably larger. For what it's worth, I received exactly 2 room upgrades as a Gold in about 25 stays, and those were to thank me for my 10th and 20th stays at the hotel.

What about access to the Executive Lounge? For me, that's the biggest perk of being a Gold or Diamond at this hotel.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Did you get a corner room? If so, they are considerably larger. For what it's worth, I received exactly 2 room upgrades as a Gold in about 25 stays, and those were to thank me for my 10th and 20th stays at the hotel.

What about access to the Executive Lounge? For me, that's the biggest perk of being a Gold or Diamond at this hotel.
Looking back I think I got a corner room, but not on an Executive floor, so no lounge access. This was despite Exec rooms available for booking online.

Granted, being a Gold isn't a big deal, but having received much better treatment at properties elsewhere in Asia, this is still quite disappointing.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Looking back I think I got a corner room, but not on an Executive floor, so no lounge access.
Golds usually get lounge access, but recently the lounge is often at full capacity, so I suspect they had to restrict access to Golds while you were there. At least you got a corner room, I like those almost as much as their executive suites. And for this Diamond, corner rooms are my usual upgrade (with lounge access).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.