Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I can only say really good things about my many experiences at Conrad Bangkok over the years.
This is one of my favourite hotels and we usually get very well taken care of.
Being Diamond and double digit stays may help but I always look forward to staying here.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by thbe
I've just asked Jermyn a question. He answered me and I was fine with his answer. Actually I appreciate his investment of time and his quality approach (concerning his website). I find his pictures and reports really helpful. I also think, that his posting would be even better, if he stated that his ratings are based on one single stay per hotel, because quality and integrity belongs together and transparency supports integrity.
Thanks for the kind words thbe, I truly appreciate people coming by and checking out my blog, even though it is written on a purely amateur basis

Given that the reviews on my website always relate to a single stay (with date of stay, loyalty program status and cost of booking stated), I've never felt the need to explicitly reiterate the fact that my reviews aren't based on multiple visits.

On the occasions when I do return to a property I always mention this in my review and link back to my previous posts.

If in doubt, you can view all of my reviews for a particular city here:
Hotel Reviews by Location

Alternatively you can view my reviews by hotel chain:
Hotel Reviews by Chain

If you want to chat further I'll happily to talk to you via PM, as I fear that the thread is getting a little derailed from its intended purpose.

Thanks again,

Jermyn
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Does anyone know the lounge hours on Sunday?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by DutchRyan
Does anyone know the lounge hours on Sunday?
There is no day to day variation that I can recall excepting the end of breakfast.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Jermyn
If you want to chat further I'll happily to talk to you via PM, as I fear that the thread is getting a little derailed from its intended purpose.
It's still about the Conrad BKK.

I will have about 12 stays with 30 nights in total at the Conrad BKK this year. That shows, that I appreciate that hotel. From my point of view it' the best hotel of the Hilton group in BKK and the status recognition for DIA is quite good. the free breakfast and the free lounge are better than at most of the other hotels, that belongs to the Hilton group. And I think, that the service is really good.

But even if the Conrad BKK belongs without any doubt to the luxury category, I don't think, it's the right one to find the "real luxury experience". I appreciate the Conrad as a luxury business hotel. That doesn't mean, that it's only suitable for business guest, but especially for them, it's one of the very best in BKK for business travelers, maybe the best one.

Your plan to try to find the "real luxury experience" at Mandarin Oriental, the Siam plus The St. Regis, Siam Kempinski and Lebua plus maybe Park Hyatt and Waldorf Astoria (Q1 2018) is absolutly the right approach. That are the main competitors of the Peninsula from my point of view.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
There is no day to day variation that I can recall excepting the end of breakfast.
Ok, does anyone know the lounge hours then?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DutchRyan
Ok, does anyone know the lounge hours then?
IIRC 6:30AM - 11PM and cocktails 5:30-7:30.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:50 am

Thanks!!!
Old Jun 17, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
I believe this is right - all Hiltons in Thailand have similar lounge hours - and afternoon tea is from 2 (or 2:30)-4pm. The evening reception, in my opinion, is underwhelming if you're looking for real food.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by tide
I believe this is right - all Hiltons in Thailand have similar lounge hours - and afternoon tea is from 2 (or 2:30)-4pm. The evening reception, in my opinion, is underwhelming if you're looking for real food.
Agreed, unfortunately.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tide
I believe this is right - all Hiltons in Thailand have similar lounge hours - and afternoon tea is from 2 (or 2:30)-4pm.
Not entirely, DT and Hilton Suk are 6pm-8pm for evening service... unless they've changed it recently.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Not entirely, DT and Hilton Suk are 6pm-8pm for evening service... unless they've changed it recently.
Hilton Sukhumvit was 5:30 - 7:30 pm when I was there in April.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Hilton Sukhumvit was 5:30 - 7:30 pm when I was there in April.
Interesting. My late April stay at DT was 6-8 and I'm pretty sure my Jan stay at Hilton Suk was as well. As these are owned and managed by the same group it's odd they'd have different schedules.

Unless I've totally conflated the various lounges I've visited and then all bets are off.

Oh well.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Interesting. My late April stay at DT was 6-8 and I'm pretty sure my Jan stay at Hilton Suk was as well. As these are owned and managed by the same group it's odd they'd have different schedules.

Unless I've totally conflated the various lounges I've visited and then all bets are off.

Oh well.
All I can say is that I have saved the introductory letter we all get on registration, and it states "Evening cocktails 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM". Personally I preferred when Happy Hour was 6 to 8 pm at the Conrad, years ago.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Staying at the conrad friday till monday this week I'm Diamond. Just wondering if i should go ahead and request a upgrade via Hilton App or wait till i get to the hotel and see what i might get? Just wanted some advice from some folks who have stayed here before
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.