Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
In accordance with the terms and conditions of Hilton HHonors:

Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 24 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated Points. At the discretion of Hilton Honors, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated Hilton Honors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 24 consecutive month period:
  1. stay at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio pursuant to the terms herein;
  2. earn Hilton Honors Points through any third party source of Hilton Honors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms;
  3. purchase Hilton Honors Points; or,
  4. donate Points through The Hilton Honors Giving Back Program.

Print Wikipost

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
You may want to refer to this thread.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
Smile Erewards

Do you have Erewards account that you can transfer your erewards currency to Hilton Honor points?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Exec, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by fusscharles
I can buy hilton points for $100per 10000, but that seems hardly worth it.
You can buy 1,000 pts for $12.50 (plus a transaction fee?). you only need to buy 10,000 if you want a better rate.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by tulane85
Good news, Restaurant.com is once again a participant in the Hilton HHonors Earnings Mall.

Restaurant.com sells coupons which typically cost $10 for a $25 coupon to certain restaraunts; this $10 is frequently discounted by 80%. This means you get a $25 coupon for about $3, earn 10 HHonors points per dollar on your purchase, and keep your points alive.

I purchased and used a Restaurant.com coupon myself just last night. Be sure to note restrictions (days of the week, minimum purchase, etc.) which vary by restaruant.

http://www.hiltonhhonorsearningsmall.com

Direct link to Restaruant.com page at hiltonhhonorsearningsmall.com
I just did this through that shopping portal but will see whether the points actually post as according to some HH's IT track record on these kinds of posting isn't stellar.

It was something I was doing anyway (buying a Restaurant.com voucher) so thought I might as well try going through the HH route to get a few points and extend my account. Time will tell however and my annual expiry isn't for another 4-6 weeks ago so if I have to will just buy 1K as have reluctantly done in the past.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:14 am

As NoteBut and DCBob mentioned, it took time to post. Sweep appears to still happen on Tuesday. So ~10 days total to post. Did post just in time, though i had used Topguest already.

I'll update the first post with the info as well.

Thanks for all the help!
IaLTO
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: HH Gold; Marriott Gold; Hertz #1 5*
VISA RTM

I enrolled in the VISA text messaging program. I received 1k points in Feb. I am guessing that resets my 12 month calendar.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Exec, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by fajimenez
I enrolled in the VISA text messaging program. I received 1k points in Feb. I am guessing that resets my 12 month calendar.
Yep, that should do it.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: A3 *S, JK *G (not anymore), HH G (not anymore)
Originally Posted by RewardTraveler
You can buy 1,000 pts for $12.50 (plus a transaction fee?). you only need to buy 10,000 if you want a better rate.
I am going to transfer AmEX MR to my HH account to keep it active. I understand that there is no minimum amount of MR that I need to transfer… can anyone confirm that?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by tulane85
Good news, Restaurant.com is once again a participant in the Hilton HHonors Earnings Mall.

Restaurant.com sells coupons which typically cost $10 for a $25 coupon to certain restaraunts; this $10 is frequently discounted by 80%. This means you get a $25 coupon for about $3, earn 10 HHonors points per dollar on your purchase, and keep your points alive.

I purchased and used a Restaurant.com coupon myself just last night. Be sure to note restrictions (days of the week, minimum purchase, etc.) which vary by restaruant.

http://www.hiltonhhonorsearningsmall.com

Direct link to Restaruant.com page at hiltonhhonorsearningsmall.com
Hi all,

Does anyone know if this is a valid option for someone outside the USA?

I registered (with a made-up zip code) for the mall, and started to make a dummy purchase. It looked as if you print the coupons off on your PC, so no issues with postage/delivery.

$3 for a coupon seems like a better deal for me than $12.50 for 1000 points to keep my points balance active for another year, even though I'll likely never get to use the coupon. Or is there a catch?

tb

Update: upon closer inspection of the T&Cs before purchasing, I found this:
User Responsibilities. By consenting to the Agreements, you agree:
a. You are at least eighteen (18) years of age and a legal resident of the United States.

Oh well. And I had found a $2 coupon as well.

Last edited by thorbus; Mar 9, 2012 at 8:29 am Reason: Added the update.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by trantor2312
I am going to transfer AmEX MR to my HH account to keep it active. I understand that there is no minimum amount of MR that I need to transfer… can anyone confirm that?
There is a minimum - 1,000 MR.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:16 am

e-miles can also work, although there is a "500 mile" minimum there are as well..
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: A3 *S, JK *G (not anymore), HH G (not anymore)
Originally Posted by gv111
There is a minimum - 1,000 MR.
Is that a requirement from HH side? The MR website indicates that the minimum amount to be transferred is of 160 points (AmEx issued in Spain).
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:21 am
Suspended

Is that a requirement from HH side? The MR website indicates that the minimum amount to be transferred is of 160 points (AmEx issued in Spain).
The 1,000 MR minimum is in US. Other countries can vary.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:55 pm

Just signed up for restaurant.com and purchased $40 coupons for $60. Let's hope that the 600 points post so my points don't expire.
Old May 29, 2012, 8:57 am

My points are expiring in a few months. Can I make a booking with points for after the expiration date to renew the expiration? Or does the stay have to happen before the point expiration date to reset the activity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.