Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So, I am looking at these, I want to avoid Times Square, so what do you all think about the list below?

Hampton Inn Manhattan/Downtown-Financial District $107
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District $116
Hilton New York Fashion District $143
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Chelsea $143

Millenium Hilton $161
We also stay downtown when spending the weekend in NYC usually at wherever we get the best price.

DT Financial District has very small rooms, but otherwise works fine for us. Breakfast is ok, close proximity to subway and although the neighborhood is quiet at night and on weekends there are a lot of bars and restaurants two blocks away on Stone Street.

Millenium Hilton is much nicer, busier neighborhood at night and on weekends, also close to subway, not many options for dining in the immediate area but walk a few blocks north and you are in Tribeca.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
So, I am looking at these, I want to avoid Times Square, so what do you all think about the list below?

Hampton Inn Manhattan/Downtown-Financial District $107
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District $116
Hilton New York Fashion District $143
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Chelsea $143

Millenium Hilton $161
My vote for most likely to get a good breakfast is Hilton Fashion District.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Michael19887
My vote for most likely to get a good breakfast is Hilton Fashion District.
So you are saying that compared to the Millennium I'll get a better breakfast at the FD?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:36 pm

So you are saying that compared to the Millennium I'll get a better breakfast at the FD?
Err, highly YMMV, but I wouldn't say that. See my posts in the breakfast thread from a couple weeks ago...you may get a full buffet breakfast...or you might get vouchers for a deli...or you might get vouchers for some muffins and cereal. I would take any HGI or hotel with more established breakfast benefit over the Hilton FD. Plus the Hilton FD is, IMO, not that great of a property - old building, poor windows and street noise, noisy HVAC with bad temp control, sub-par amenities (tiny gym and nothing else). Not my first recommendation by any means.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Breakfast is OK in the Millenium - the only one I've stayed in, but there are some very, very good deals in NY that weekend.

I got a full breakfast as a diamond, but it's "pretty good" rather than amazing. The hotel itself, though slightly dated, I thought was excellent with very good room size, views, and service.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I will have multiple packages arriving for me, do Hilton properties charge for these?

I read the reviews of the Millennium and am uneasy after reading them as to how Diamonds are treated, that is there seems to be inconsistencies.

Maybe the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District be a better cheaper option?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I will have multiple packages arriving for me, do Hilton properties charge for these?

I read the reviews of the Millennium and am uneasy after reading them as to how Diamonds are treated, that is there seems to be inconsistencies.

Maybe the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District be a better cheaper option?
The Millennium charges for packages et al (which is ridiculous is in my mind), in fact its stated in the footnotes of the reservation. Conrad will not charge for that and Conrad is where I primarily stay in NYC and it is definitely the nicest Hilton property in Manhattan. Breakfast is fixed to just five items for Diamonds/Gold (but you can use the breakfast voucher as $20 towards anything on the menu)

Last edited by Miesque; Feb 18, 2016 at 3:38 pm
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat

The DT really has nothing to be inconsistent about. The rooms are all the same, only the view is different and breakfast vouchers get you the buffet. Forgot that it does have a decent Irish pub next door.

Millenium is definitely a step up in class, but the DT is a good value.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:06 am

NY Fashion District

I'm a diamond and stayed at the Hilton New York Fashion District a few weeks ago. I was leaving before breakfast so I wasn't going to be able to take advantage of whatever offering they had, so instead they gave me a $12.50 voucher to Sunac Fancy Food around the corner at 26th and Ave of the Americas. I didn't get a chance to even go over there (it's only a 3 min walk from the hotel) but I've been there before and it's basically a 24/7 market with prepared hot and cold foods, salad bar, etc.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sunac-fancy-food-new-york
Old Feb 19, 2016, 3:02 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
One I didn't see mentioned here is the Hilton Manhattan East, at 42nd & 2nd. I stayed there multiple times between March 2014 and January 2015, and was always treated well. I received noteworthy upgrades in over 50% of my stays as a gold, often going from some kind of very cheap room (e.g. 1 double bed) to a king junior suite. There was also a full breakfast which had eggs, meat, potatoes, and the usual continental stuff, in a restaurant that was really only 75% full at most. The only downside was that the breakfast really didn't change at all, so by the 3rd day or so, you'd be a little sick of it.

I also stayed at the Doubletree Times Square South (36th & 8th) on a few occasions during the same time period, also as a gold. They acknowledged my repeat business with a plate of fruit on two occasions. I didn't get any room upgrades though. Full breakfast was also included there, but it was not quite as good as the Hilton Manhattan East.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you all for all the details about the various properties, I really appreciate it. I now have to look at Hilton properties in Thailand & Singapore for my May stay.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Parking considerations

We will be staying in NYC on a Sunday night in March, plan to use a Citi Reserve anniversary free weekend night, Millenium Hilton location works well for us. Only concern is parking - we will have a car, $60 fee seems a bit steep. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by diver858
We will be staying in NYC on a Sunday night in March, plan to use a Citi Reserve anniversary free weekend night, Millenium Hilton location works well for us. Only concern is parking - we will have a car, $60 fee seems a bit steep. Any suggestions?
Options are to park in NJ for much cheaper and take the PATH train over (~$5 for two, brings you right from Jersey City to WTC in 5-10 minutes). May actually save time over traffic although Sunday won't be too bad.

Although on a Sunday night you may be able to find street parking somewhere and just walk there. This is harder/riskier and I can guarantee you'd have to move fairly early Monday, maybe 6-8 AM depending where you park.

There are of course other garages you could try but I wouldn't expect it to be too much cheaper for an overnight.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:49 am

https://smoothparking.com/ is what I use to check street parking. It's very handy, you can put in what times you want and it will show you where you can park. Looks like a lot of the streets around there are free until 7 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by alexj7
Options are to park in NJ for much cheaper and take the PATH train over (~$5 for two, brings you right from Jersey City to WTC in 5-10 minutes). May actually save time over traffic although Sunday won't be too bad.

Although on a Sunday night you may be able to find street parking somewhere and just walk there. This is harder/riskier and I can guarantee you'd have to move fairly early Monday, maybe 6-8 AM depending where you park.

There are of course other garages you could try but I wouldn't expect it to be too much cheaper for an overnight.
Rental goes back to EWR, thought about returning the car Sunday afternoon, but not crazy about dragging (carry-ons) luggage back and forth on the PATH, use the subway / Uber to get around lower Manhattan to visit family. Have a decent rate on an Alamo car (less than $30/day for small SUV), ~$100 is not too bad for the added convenience, less would of course be better.

Similarly, I am not crazy about having to be up and out by 7 or 8 am for street parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.