Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2006, 8:21 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Received one of these recently. How do these work? Do you need to call reservations to book using one of these certs or can you book a room on-line, show-up at the hotel, and just hand them the certificate? I have not seen any "standard" rates when looking on-line, although I see many properties that have "Best Available Rate". Do those qualify?
Old Jul 1, 2006, 4:15 pm

Be My Guest cards

Originally Posted by MileKing
Received one of these recently. How do these work? Do you need to call reservations to book using one of these certs or can you book a room on-line, show-up at the hotel, and just hand them the certificate? I have not seen any "standard" rates when looking on-line, although I see many properties that have "Best Available Rate". Do those qualify?
Use them just like cash. Book your reservation as usual and present the card at check in. The card really doesn't have anything to do with rate, but rather room type. See the other posts in this thread regarding what is considered "standard".

I also need to make a slight correction in mcgahat's response (sorry mcghat), you can actually use a Be My Guest card on a romance package so long as the room offered as a part of the package is a Standard one for the hotel that you are using it for. Otherwise, mcgahat was right on the money.

I would not advise even mentioning that you are going to use the card when booking a reservation. Reservation Agents frequently confuse them with Gift Certificates issued by hotels. GC's issued by hotels are usually only for specific hotel and can not be used at other hotels within that brand. They also have a clause based on limited availability. Be My Guest cards can be used for any hotel within the brand that they are printed for. The exceptions (at least for the time being) are the former Hilton International hotels. No Be My Guest cards exist for those hotels.

For questions about Be My Guest cards, call Guest Assistance (800-HILTONS and ask to be transferred).
Old Dec 2, 2006, 11:24 am

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Originally Posted by korea71
Somehow, this little paperback found it's way into one of my bags...
Ooops, same happened to me last weekend. Haven't started it yet though.

Has anyone else "acquired" the book in the last 3 years?
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by FourWheels
Ooops, same happened to me last weekend. Haven't started it yet though.

I've seen it at a lot of HGI's, but have never actually taken it with me.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 4:11 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by FourWheels
I am shocked that so many of my fellow FTers would steal from a Hilton.

That being said, I did read the book and, surprisingly, it is a very good read! :-: I acquired it from the DT Albuquerque a few months ago, and then I stopped in Conrad's birthpalce of San Antonio, NM on my way back to the ELP. They have his name on the city limit sign going into town, and the young lady at the local coffee shop said that there is some type of civic building named after him there....a school or community center.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:51 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are welcome to take the book. I enjoyed it, especially the stories about his family in early New Mexico and his struggles during the Depression. He and his staff lost their homes and had to move into the hotels they had left, then lost them, too. Yet he persevered and got them back and more. Deeply religious yet somehow got divorced and married to the divorced Zsa Zsa and unable to take Communion. The brief discussion of Zsa Zsa's "typical day" was hilarious. The books ends mid-divorce and mentions only his sons, not Francesca, the daughter Zsa Zsa gave birth to after they separated.
Old May 24, 2007, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Use of "Be My Guest" Certificate

I will be redeeming a "be my guest" certificate I received as compensation for something that happened on a stay last year.

The coupon (looks like a check) says valid for room and tax on one standard room domestically with a few properties on the back not allowed to be used (Waldorf=Astoria, etc.)

I was told just to book a room at a hotel and pay with this certificate. However, the room I booked was under the diamond force, as it was sold out otherwise. Of course, the room I booked was a standard one (no exec floor or anything like that).

Has anyone encountered problems using these certfiiates for one, and also on type of rate used (such as a special promotion, or the diamond force that I booked under).

Thanks in advance everybody!
Old May 24, 2007, 12:45 pm

Programs: NW-Silver, US, UL, IA, DL, Marriott & *wood-Gold, HH-Diamond, PC- Plat. Hyatt Diamond
You will be fine

These are just like cash at any rate they are billed dollar for dollar back to Hilton.
Old May 24, 2007, 1:13 pm

Anyone have any experience redeeming a certificate with a different name on them? I'd like to give my certs to my sister which has now has a different last name as me since she is married.
Old May 24, 2007, 4:13 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Sthurston
These are just like cash at any rate they are billed dollar for dollar back to Hilton.
Yep, and even better is that it is my "understanding" that it gets billed back to the offending hotel.
Old May 24, 2007, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Yep, and even better is that it is my "understanding" that it gets billed back to the offending hotel.
That would be even better, wouldn't it! ^ ^
Old May 25, 2007, 9:53 am

Programs: HH Gold, NW Silver
Originally Posted by mcgahat
haha. Use it on Superbowl weekend then!
Old May 25, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Believe me I'm getting my money's worth on this. A diamond force on a holiday weekend costs a lot, believe me.
Old May 25, 2007, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The BMG certificates I have all have a hotel brand on them. Is it at all possible to use a BMG certificate from one brand at another brand? I have no real desire to return to the hotel that I ended up getting them from. There aren't hotels from the brand in question near where I'll be traveling soon.
Old May 26, 2007, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Is it at all possible to use a BMG certificate from one brand at another brand?

Nope. sorry!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.