Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:33 pm

I have stayed in both and my choice would be Okura. I am a HH Diamond, but even with the possible upgrade, I would rather stay at Okura. Lounge offerings used to be decent at Conrad, but it has gone downhill.

Okura has better service overall, much nicer F&B offerings and easier access to BTS in case you want to take public transport. I also like the pool at Okura, even though it’s not a priority for you.
Ed Size and Rasmus3s like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 7:12 am

Thank you for your view on this. Much appreciated.

So despite the price difference you stick with Okura?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by Rasmus3s

The last factor is that I will need late checkout at around 9 pm, and am hoping the Conrad would offer this without extra charge.
The latest I've been allowed for checkout is 4 or 5pm as a Diamond and moderately frequent guest over the years. I have been given pool access (and thus shower/locker room) into the evening, so that I could take a shower before heading to the airport.
Rasmus3s likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Was booked at the Conrad this week on a similar rate to you and then looked on Agoda and realised I needn't pay so much for a hotel in this city. Even with the neglible Diamond perks it wasn't worth it.

Needless to say that Conrad reservation was binned quickly.

So you could consider booking something seperately for your late evening checkout. At least then you'll have your own private space.
Rasmus3s likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:18 am

Thank you all for your thoughts. I will cancel the Conrad and then just pay for a late check out at the Okura.

Last edited by Rasmus3s; Jul 9, 2022 at 10:25 am
Old Mar 25, 2023, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Hi Hilton folks, I have a friend heading to BKK next Saturday, April 1-6, and will have some minor treatment and checkups at Bumrungrad in Sukhumvit Soi 3 (very central). I have convinced her to seek alternatives to her THB6800++ incl breakfast rate at the Hyatt Sukhumvit.
I told her I could likely find her a comparably priced room at a nice hotel that also includes Exec Lounge access.

But a big question post-Covid (even pre Covid!) was the differences between various Bangkok hotel Exec Lounges.
She has NO status in any chain of hotels, has never had lounge access but wants to splurge after being trapped in Hong Kong and Macao for 3 years!.

What are the best ones in town in terms of Club Lounge offerings, combined with a nice pool?
Most Hilton properties are slightly LESS than her standard room with BF at the Hyatt:

I'm seeing the Conrad Bangkok (where I've stayed before and liked the gym, pool, and lounge but all pre Covid) for THB6,000 for Exec Room.... (cheaper than all Bonvoy options). That's where I'm leaning now.
Hitlon Sukhumvit THB 5,800 for exec room

Most Bonvoys are around her cost or slightly more:
Le Meridien Surawong (THB 6562)
Westin Grande (THB 7500)
Marriott Queens Park (THB 7200)
Marriott Sukhumvit (THB7000)
Also open to non-chain hotels like Kempinski, Movenpick, Sofitel, if you can recommend any excellent club facilities!

Any opinions welcome! Only have 2 days to decide, so I appreciate your help.
Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
New Bangkok Hotels

Hilton Garden Inn Silom - used to be Novotel - says from 27th Dec

Hilton Asoke - used to the Pullman - says from 31st Dec

However both show no rooms when try to book.

Must have been an issue with the owners, to have this a quick change over. Nothing in the news yet. Reached out to my friend in Hilton to see if they know.

Will be great to have some new options, especially Asoke.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:59 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by gav0106

Must have been an issue with the owners, to have this a quick change over. Nothing in the news yet. Reached out to my friend in Hilton to see if they know.

I’m able to pull up rates eg 2-4th Jan for both Novotel Silom and Pullman Grande Sukhumvit Asoke on the Accor platform. Maybe your dates are off?
Old Dec 23, 2023, 5:39 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Thats the dates shown on the Hilton website. Knowing how it works here, I would not be surprised if overnight, they switch brands.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:43 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by gav0106

They are both available to book next month,
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:50 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Freetotravel
They are both available to book next month,
I only checked the HGI Silom (and not Asoke) but it wasn't giving any points rates
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:43 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by sbams
I only checked the HGI Silom (and not Asoke) but it wasn't giving any points rates
I noticed the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.