Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dresden {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2002, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Dresden {DEU}

tried to search the archives but could not find anything. Does anyone haw some feedback on the hotel such as service / location / amenities / upgrades etc - am HH Gold.
Going there next week

Cheers

Thomas
Old Aug 1, 2002, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tcswede:
tried to search the archives but could not find anything. Does anyone haw some feedback on the hotel such as service / location / amenities / upgrades etc - am HH Gold.
Going there next week

Cheers

Thomas
</font>
Very nice location, within walking distance to everything important. They have a substancial breakfeast buffet in the morning, which was included in my rate when I stayed there. Being a lowly Hilton Blue that time I got an upgrade to a bigger room facing the "Frauenkirche", which I was envied for by all other people in our group...;-)!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:36 pm
Community Director Emerita

I just searched the forum, and am surprised by the dearth of information on the Dresden Hilton. Who has stayed there recently and can update me? I am interested in:
  • How do I get there from the airport? Is there public transport, or do I take a taxi?
  • Is there an executive lounge?
  • How well do they treat Diamonds?
  • How is the location for sightseeing?
  • Are there any good restaurants in the hotel?

I'll be using the hotel for sightseeing, and welcome any information on that as well.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 3:00 pm

I stayed there last Sept.;

-The location (for sightseeing) is perfect, you can walk to all nice places, however, lots of construction next to the hotel. We had a quiet room facing inside.
-No executive lounge. I am Gold and got breakfast vouchers .. and a small bottle of white wine
-3 good restaurants in the Hotel: Asian, Italian and German. Other good restaurants in walking distance (at Hotel Taschenberg Palais)
-service very good, friendly personal

What to do:
-all sightseeings are nearby
-may be a boat tour on Elbe river (really old steamers)
-may be visit the 'Glaeserne Manufacture' from VW, production of Phaeton & Bentley
-may be visit Meissen, some miles away and Schloss Augustusburg

I believe, the airport is a little far, not sure, had a car...But there might be a bus..?!?

Last edited by USAFAN; Mar 25, 2006 at 7:15 am
Old Mar 24, 2006, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by djohannw
Very nice location, within walking distance to everything important. They have a substancial breakfeast buffet in the morning, which was included in my rate when I stayed there. Being a lowly Hilton Blue that time I got an upgrade to a bigger room facing the "Frauenkirche", which I was envied for by all other people in our group...;-)!

Greetings - Dirk
...upgrade to a bigger room facing the "Frauenkirche"

Yes, nice view and the Frauenkirche is rebuild and beautiful... but lots of construction, noise ...
Old Mar 24, 2006, 3:03 pm

Thanks, USAFAN, that's helpful.

Anyone else with experiences to share or transportation advice?
Old Mar 24, 2006, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
Stayed there as a Diamond in January and was upgraded to a suite that was really nice. It consisted of a room with a bath, bar, bathroom, and spiral staircase that led upstairs to a bedroom, office, and bathroom. Breakfast was really good too. No lounge but room had fruit, wine, and juice in it. The Sauna was really great. We walked from the train station and it is not to far even dragging bags. The cab stand is right outside the hotel. We really enjoyed our stay there and were very happy with our treatment.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 5:07 pm

ernie8575, your suite sounds awesome! I hope that the checkin gods smile on this Diamond.

Does anyone know the best way to get to the hotel from the airport?
Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
ernie8575, your suite sounds awesome! I hope that the checkin gods smile on this Diamond.

It 18 Euros by taxi or 1.80 Euro by suburban train plus tram from Dresden Central Station (HBF) to Semperoper and three minutes walk. In the morning it might be more clever to use the train.

As a diamond, they do not give you full free breakfast, but you are only entitled to use the continental section. If you do not tell the girl at the entrance of the restaurant that you just want to have continental they charge you a very few Euros extra.

Frauenkirche was completed, but they have construction going on at the front side of the hotel where a full block is rebuild. So most of the rooms facing the street will and already have no longer a view to the Frauenkirche.

Cheers
T.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
It 18 Euros by taxi or 1.80 Euro by suburban train plus tram from Dresden Central Station (HBF) to Semperoper and three minutes walk. In the morning it might be more clever to use the train.

As a diamond, they do not give you full free breakfast, but you are only entitled to use the continental section. If you do not tell the girl at the entrance of the restaurant that you just want to have continental they charge you a very few Euros extra. ....
I looked here http://www.dresden-airport.de/eng/2/index.html

You could go by S-Bahn (local train) to Hbf=Central-Train-Station and than take a taxi. If you don't have much baggage, Semper Oper is really nearby, as Flying Lawyer mentioned.

I am Gold and Mrs. USAFAN & I got free breakfast vouchers for the buffet?!?

Last edited by USAFAN; Mar 25, 2006 at 2:30 pm
Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:46 am

Thanks, FlyingLawyer and USAFAN. That's very helpful on arriving from the airport.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:42 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Make sure not to go by rental car. They do a lot of road works near the hotel. I was there ~10 day ago and we drove around for half an hour just to find the Hilton parking garage. As the managing director told me they change routeing and configuration of the streets around nearly every day.

As the other posters still mentioned the hotel itself is quite nice. I am only HH Gold and had a room in the executive floor. The room was nothing special and I was amazed how clairaudient the room was.

They have a nice spa and it's worth to visit.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by totti
Make sure not to go by rental car. They do a lot of road works near the hotel..
I second that - no need for any rented car in Dresden unless you want to go out into the countryside. Dresden is not bigger than Midtown Manhattan.

had a room in the executive floor.
Well, the best "floor" they can offer is a business floor. But they have some really nice suites and if you ask politely they can still give you one of the rooms with Frauenkirche-view. IF you have that view (right front corner of the hotel), it is breathtaking: Frauenkirche and Palais Kosel, this shows a glimps of the glory of Dresden.

Cheers
T.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:38 am

.... I am only HH Gold and had a room in the executive floor...
At check-in I was told: "We don't have an executive floor .. but we upgraded you (to a room with no noise)..."
Old Mar 28, 2006, 5:34 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Well, the best "floor" they can offer is a business floor. But they have some really nice suites and if you ask politely they can still give you one of the rooms with Frauenkirche-view. IF you have that view (right front corner of the hotel), it is breathtaking: Frauenkirche and Palais Kosel, this shows a glimps of the glory of Dresden.

Cheers
T.
Probably I mixed something up and it was a room in the business floor. Anyway, I had not problems with the noise form outside but was astonished about the noise from the other rooms. The walls seem to be like paper. I could hear almost ever word, spoken in the room next to mine. At least in my experience behind normal Hilton standards.

Cheers
totti

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.