Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2004, 12:31 pm

I've had several Hilton stays this year booked on Hotwire and didn't receive any points for incidentals.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Hoc
Was the Hhonors representative just wrong, or is this a new Hhonors policy?
This has been official HHonors policy for at least three years. Don't believe me? Do a search.

Last edited by UpgradeMe; Sep 24, 2004 at 1:28 pm
Old Sep 24, 2004, 12:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Er, this is nothing new. If you received HH points on previous Hotwire-booked Hilton properties stays for incidentals, you were fortunate.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 3:40 pm

I understand no points or benefits on PL and HW stays, but are stay credits still given? For that matter, are stay credits given on rooms booked through
3rd party sites (i.e. Expedia)?
Old Sep 25, 2004, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Silver, Hyatt GP Platinum, Marriott Rewards Silver
Hilton has become much more aggressive ...

Hilton has become much more aggressive about what they give credit/points for and unless you book the room on their site you have no guarantee you'll be getting any points or credit for anything.

Read the terms on the website about consolidators and "Opaque" websites (i.e., Priceline, Hotwire).
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:30 am

Can you earn points if your name and HH# is on reservation, but "roommate" pays?

Title says it all -- If two people stay at a hilton, you put your hhonors number in the reservation, but the other person actually pays with their CC? Thanks all!
Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:10 pm

Yes you can.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 6:51 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Unlike Hyatt and Starwood who absolutely deny any points even when both people are registered guests!-which is absolutely stupid!!!

good on you hilton!!!

another plus for HHonors ^
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aussielori
Unlike Hyatt and Starwood who absolutely deny any points even when both people are registered guests!
Can you elaborate on this please.

I didnt have any problem at Starwood.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 1:19 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
My wife has stayed at Starwood properties in her maiden name and used my card. She got benefits and I (we) got the points.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 6:43 am

I have received mixed results when my wife tries to use my account under her maiden name.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 4:57 am

the color of money

I can't really see why they should care where the money comes from. Instead of using a credit card, what if it were cash? I know, it's almost unheard of these days, but I think some places still accept it! :-) Instead of the greenbacks coming directly out of my pocket, what if my travel companion handed me the money and then I used that to pay the bill. Or what if we each paid half? As long as the hotel gets paid, unless I'm missing something, I don't see how it really matters.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 6:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by 747heavy
I can't really see why they should care where the money comes from. Instead of using a credit card, what if it were cash? I know, it's almost unheard of these days, but I think some places still accept it! :-) Instead of the greenbacks coming directly out of my pocket, what if my travel companion handed me the money and then I used that to pay the bill. Or what if we each paid half? As long as the hotel gets paid, unless I'm missing something, I don't see how it really matters.
I guess the reason that they would care is so that they keep their frequent stay program intact and not subject to abuse by its customers. @:-)

It would be very easy for people who wanted to abuse the system to perhaps pay a small fee in return for their "friends" (who were staying at Hiltons but had no interest in earning points/stays), putting their HHONORS numbers on their reservation. Those people wanting to abuse the system would be GIVEN status, which was not based on stays that they had made, and they would be GIVEN extra points based on the status that they had not earned. IMHO, that's how it matters.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by bigjim
I guess the reason that they would care is so that they keep their frequent stay program intact and not subject to abuse by its customers. @:-) ...
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, from the original poster's message that the HHonors member is staying in the room, but his/her travel companion/significant other/etc. is the one who paid. I can certainly see why the case you described, basically paying other people to stay under my name, would be a problem.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by 747heavy
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, from the original poster's message that the HHonors member is staying in the room, but his/her travel companion/significant other/etc. is the one who paid. I can certainly see why the case you described, basically paying other people to stay under my name, would be a problem.
I agree with you completely. Some of the subsequent posts seemed to refer to spouses/significant others staying without the Diamond/Platinum member and using the Diamond/Platinum members number to get a better room/points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.