Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, GC Jade
Flew HKG-HEL last night. No recognition of status whatsoever, neither for me or the other Plat sitting in my row in Y comfort. My experience is that it's still a complete crap shoot.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
During the past two weeks I traveled 4 times in economy between Arlanda and Helsinki. Every single time they greeted with the same wording "Welcome to the flight" in a very nice manner while providing a newspaper (before take-off). One time I was even greeted when leaving the plane ("See you again soon"). This worked really well I think and at least made my flight a little nicer. I wonder if this is a new instruction greeting because they repeated it in the same way every time.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Today OUL-HEL in A321 (AY370) with no recognition. No words, no smile. No newspaper offerred. For the drinks, after giving me my coffee, "Anything else?", took Fanta, with no comment but not asking for payment... Airplane very empty.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ukki
Today OUL-HEL in A321 (AY370) with no recognition. No words, no smile. No newspaper offerred. For the drinks, after giving me my coffee, "Anything else?", took Fanta, with no comment but not asking for payment... Airplane very empty.
Newspapers are offered only on international flights.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
On all my recent Finnair LH flights the cabin staff has asked about the meal options first Plats (and I guess other OWEs), then the others...
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by Justinus
On all my recent Finnair LH flights the cabin staff has asked about the meal options first Plats (and I guess other OWEs), then the others...
On none of my recent Finnair LH flights, nor have they noted Plats or OWEs in any other way, either! I have already been wondering that have they changed the policy to ask Plats first. Obviously some of the FAs just don't follow the procedures. Very inconsistent.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
On none of my recent Finnair LH flights, nor have they noted Plats or OWEs in any other way, either! I have already been wondering that have they changed the policy to ask Plats first. Obviously some of the FAs just don't follow the procedures. Very inconsistent.
I had the pleasure of experiencing LH Y from ORD. No recognition from staff whatsoever. No seat blocking. No champagne. I guess AY's punishing me for my stupidity of booking into Y.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
OSL-HEL today. Perfect! Choice of newspapers offered, with a greeting by name and a "welcome aboard". Drink service was for plats "could I offer you some champagne". Very good Finnair! It's not harder than that.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I had the pleasure of experiencing LH Y from ORD. No recognition from staff whatsoever. No seat blocking. No champagne. I guess AY's punishing me for my stupidity of booking into Y.
Yes, I am sure they track us 'never-y's and punish us if we ever leave the true path! I dread my november inaugural y flight ...
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:56 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
I dread my november inaugural y flight ...
Huhh! I'm scared what next, Germany rebuilding the Berlin wall, Finland winning gold medals at Olympics...
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Huhh! I'm scared what next, Germany rebuilding the Berlin wall, Finland winning gold medals at Olympics...

Don't be silly!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag

Don't be silly!
LOL

There might be quite a few retweets and likes. Me like
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag

Don't be silly!
Good catch, but already updated to "kansalaisjärjestö"
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Just had my first trip with the free drink in Y. On the first flight I made it a bit awkward myself when I asked about it and the flight attendant misheard me.

On the flight back, I just placed my card on the table and neither of us mentioned it, but she never asked for payment. That was kinda slick. I had been moved around the cabin twice (ATR...) so I didn't expect them to know based on my seat.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
LHR-HEL last week. The purser had made a note of all the OWEs in the Y cabin and went around asking if any of us wanted newspapers. At the drinks run, I asked him for two mini-champagnes (for OH and myself) and tried paying. He said that they were complimentary as a Platinum (no mention of OW status), and said that I should have been aware of that as they had sent an e-mail around. He added that if there is any confusion in the future, I should tell the cabin crew that it is going to be free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.