Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:19 pm

New to this card. I read a few pages, and noticed the 2 free nights points fairly quickly. Do they post before the $3k min spend is met? If I have a plan to book 3 nights in the middle of August, will I be able to book the room now with my credit card, then have them change 2 of the nights to free with the certs once they appear? I plan to apply asap if this can happen quick enough. Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
New to this card. I read a few pages, and noticed the 2 free nights points fairly quickly. Do they post before the $3k min spend is met? If I have a plan to book 3 nights in the middle of August, will I be able to book the room now with my credit card, then have them change 2 of the nights to free with the certs once they appear? I plan to apply asap if this can happen quick enough. Thanks
You *CAN* book the rooms (including upgrades) now, before you have the certificates. As long as you have the certificates before your stay, you'll be ok.

My experience: I applied in mid-June (just after the AF was waived), met the minimum spend the first week of July before statement close.
* Fairmont account was upgraded to Premier very quickly of being approved for the card (within a week?). 3rd night free, room upgrade and suite upgrade certificates posted at that time
* I have not yet received my two free night certificates from Chase. T&C say 4-6 weeks from meeting the minimum spend.
* I have a trip booked for Labor Day, and because I'm under the 6 week limit I feel comfortable with that.

My recommendation:
It's a little too close for comfort. You might make it, but given that it will take a week (or more) to get approved and receive the card, plus a few days to a week to make the minimum spend - you're already out to August 5-10 or so. I wouldn't plan on receiving the certificates in less than a week. It could happen, and as long as you've got alternate plans (and will still use the Fairmont certificates another time) you could certainly try it, but I wouldn't in your place.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Smile

One interesting data point as an FYI - even though I applied for the card after the AF was waived (and nowhere in the T&C was breakfast included as a benefit), I still got 4 $25 Fairmont breakfast certificates from Chase.

That is in addition to the 2 $25 dining/spa certificates from Fairmont for being a Premier member.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:33 am

So a few posts have mentioned this in the thread (most recently around page 70 for Bermuda Southampton) about having more than 2 adults in a free night room.

My wife and I recently signed up each for the fairmont card. We wanted to do a trip to the Southampton Bermuda with her parents, 4 adults (obviously the terms say 2). I see that they do have 2 queen fairmont rooms available. When doing a cash booking it is 30$ extra a person at the hotel over the double occupancy rate for the same room. Can I expect them to allow 4 people on a free night and charge that extra $60?

It also states in the fairmont terms for all certificates:
"Charges for additional adults (i.e., over two adults) in the room may apply. "

I am fine with getting charged the extra for the adults, I just want to be sure that we wont have a problem when getting there. Anyone have actual experience with having 3+ adults at fairmonts on reward nights?

Thanks all.

-Bill
Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by thebill0322
So a few posts have mentioned this in the thread (most recently around page 70 for Bermuda Southampton) about having more than 2 adults in a free night room.

My wife and I recently signed up each for the fairmont card. We wanted to do a trip to the Southampton Bermuda with her parents, 4 adults (obviously the terms say 2). I see that they do have 2 queen fairmont rooms available. When doing a cash booking it is 30$ extra a person at the hotel over the double occupancy rate for the same room. Can I expect them to allow 4 people on a free night and charge that extra $60?

It also states in the fairmont terms for all certificates:
"Charges for additional adults (i.e., over two adults) in the room may apply. "

I am fine with getting charged the extra for the adults, I just want to be sure that we wont have a problem when getting there. Anyone have actual experience with having 3+ adults at fairmonts on reward nights?

Thanks all.

-Bill

Two people check in, Two people "explore the grounds." It's a huge resort, they wont know.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Two people check in, Two people "explore the grounds." It's a huge resort, they wont know.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Been doing this for ever. Son starting college in the Fall so it will be weird not telling him and his mom to take a hike before checkin
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
You *CAN* book the rooms (including upgrades) now, before you have the certificates. As long as you have the certificates before your stay, you'll be ok.

My experience: I applied in mid-June (just after the AF was waived), met the minimum spend the first week of July before statement close.
* Fairmont account was upgraded to Premier very quickly of being approved for the card (within a week?). 3rd night free, room upgrade and suite upgrade certificates posted at that time
* I have not yet received my two free night certificates from Chase. T&C say 4-6 weeks from meeting the minimum spend.
* I have a trip booked for Labor Day, and because I'm under the 6 week limit I feel comfortable with that.

My recommendation:
It's a little too close for comfort. You might make it, but given that it will take a week (or more) to get approved and receive the card, plus a few days to a week to make the minimum spend - you're already out to August 5-10 or so. I wouldn't plan on receiving the certificates in less than a week. It could happen, and as long as you've got alternate plans (and will still use the Fairmont certificates another time) you could certainly try it, but I wouldn't in your place.
Appreciate the response, this really make it clear that it definitely would be pushing it. I am not sure if I would have any other use for the 2 nights in the next year, but it really kills me to spend the $500/night knowing I could have gotten 2 of them for free. I guess that's a problem when booking last minute vacations. I just can't stomach paying knowing I could have gotten them free!

Looking at the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club in Bermuda. Worth the money??

Also might be worth it for the suite upgrade certs, as that seems to make it a little better if I can use those.

Last edited by Amex For Children Of Africa; Jul 24, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:45 am

Hey Guys,
Didn't see this posted so just wanted to share I recently signed up for the Fairmont card with no mention of the free breakfast benefit. I received my 2 free night certificates along with four $25.00 breakfast vouchers, so that was a pleasant surprise!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RickMann
Hey Guys,
Didn't see this posted so just wanted to share I recently signed up for the Fairmont card with no mention of the free breakfast benefit. I received my 2 free night certificates along with four $25.00 breakfast vouchers, so that was a pleasant surprise!
How long did it take to receive free night certificates? did chase mail these certificate to your home?
I am planning to stay 2 nights at lake lousie, approved on 7/15, billing cycle ends at 8/15. can i apply suite upgrade on free nights? i am also staying 2 nights at banff, and jasper (paid stay)
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by xuni4everx
How long did it take to receive free night certificates? did chase mail these certificate to your home?
I am planning to stay 2 nights at lake lousie, approved on 7/15, billing cycle ends at 8/15. can i apply suite upgrade on free nights? i am also staying 2 nights at banff, and jasper (paid stay)
It took about 10 days to 2 weeks to receive the certs once I spent the 3k. They are added to your Presidents Club online account so I never received any physical certs. From what I understand you can use the suite upgrades on the free nights but I haven't looked into it too far bc I'm using mine in Maui and I heard it's not a big difference either way.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Looking at the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club in Bermuda. Worth the money??

Also might be worth it for the suite upgrade certs, as that seems to make it a little better if I can use those.
It has been a while since I was at the Princess, but I loved Bermuda and the stay was very very nice. If you are in the Northeast US or Eastern Canada, there is excellent air service from many cities.

If you have never been to Bermuda, it is not like the Caribbean. The climate is cooler and can be more humid. I was there in October and the weather was gorgeous and not too hot. I'd definitely consider Bermuda for a short getaway.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by RickMann
From what I understand you can use the suite upgrades on the free nights but I haven't looked into it too far bc I'm using mine in Maui and I heard it's not a big difference either way.
Yes you can use the upgrade certs on the free nights. We used ours in Maui to move from Mountain View to Partial Ocean View.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:24 pm

Hello all, Anyone know if we can combine 3rd night free certs with 2 complimentary night certs?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nonchalance132
Hello all, Anyone know if we can combine 3rd night free certs with 2 complimentary night certs?
No, you can not.

From the T&Cs, , under "Premier Third Night Complimentary Certificate"

"Certificate may only be used when the member pays for the first two nights of a three-night stay at one property. Certificate may not be used in conjunction with an FPC Platinum Complimentary Night certificate or any other Fairmont or third-party promotions or packages."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.