Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
If they don't show up, you can call Chase and tgey can tell you if/the date they sent notice to Fairmont. If it's been more than a few days, Fairmont has a Chase liaison who can push them to your account instantly (if they're in the office).
Thanks for all the replies on my missing certificates.
Last week I got a letter by regular mail saying my certificates had been credited to my Fairmont profile. They were not there.
So I sent an email to Fairmont President's club last night. I received an email this morning that they were credited to my account. And there they were!
So not sure what the hold up was but all set now.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question Re: free night after spending $12,000.

Applied on 8/21/14. Spent $7000 so far. Is it still possible to spend the other $5000 and get the free night in the next statement or so?

I read the T&C but the wording is ambiguous.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by italdesign
Applied on 8/21/14. Spent $7000 so far. Is it still possible to spend the other $5000 and get the free night in the next statement or so?
Spend is based on your card anniversary date, which should be the date it was approved, not the application date.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Spend is based on your card anniversary date, which should be the date it was approved, not the application date.
It was approved within a few days. Let's say 8/25/14. Since today is slightly over a year from that date, does that mean if I meet the $12,000 spend tomorrow, the free night cert would only post on the next anniversary, 8/25/16?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by italdesign
Let's say 8/25/14. Since today is slightly over a year from that date, does that mean if I meet the $12,000 spend tomorrow, the free night cert would only post on the next anniversary, 8/25/16?
The counter resets to zero on your anniversary date, so that $12,000 would have to have been spent since 25 Aug 2015. And yes, you would have to wait until next year to get the free night.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The counter resets to zero on your anniversary date, so that $12,000 would have to have been spent since 25 Aug 2015. And yes, you would have to wait until next year to get the free night.
to be safe, I start from the date after the statement on which AF appears to the statement after which AF will post. I just don't like takign chances and then arguing with CSR about the T&Cs.

My free night has appeared a few days after AF posting both times
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Any idea if I can use the dining / breakfast certificates (Chase Visa or Fairmont Premier ones) at restaurants even though I am not staying as a guest. For example can I just walk-in as a non staying guest, have breakfast and partially pay for the breakfast with certificates?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rownada
Any idea if I can use the dining / breakfast certificates (Chase Visa or Fairmont Premier ones) at restaurants even though I am not staying as a guest. For example can I just walk-in as a non staying guest, have breakfast and partially pay for the breakfast with certificates?
There's no requirement in T&C that you need to be staying at the hotel, so I'd say "generally, no problem".

However, redeeming dining certs can be a pain for everyone involved (since some restaurants don't have access to the FPC accounts), so I'd only do this if really necessary.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rownada
I never had a problem using breakfast or dining certificates when not staying at the hotel. When I sit down I give the server my Presidents Club number and tell them I want to use my certificates. (Good idea to have it written on a piece of paper with number and your name to make it easier).
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:15 pm

I just got approved for the card the other day and received the card yesterday. How quickly should I expect my Premier status to be reflected on my account and for things like the upgrade certificates to appear?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
Denial

Just got denied for the card. Called recon, said denial was due to too many cards open in the last few months. Request for credit reallocation was not approved.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gpen1827
Just got denied for the card. Called recon, said denial was due to too many cards open in the last few months. Request for credit reallocation was not approved.
How many cards did they consider too many and over how many months?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Hope the 5/24 limitation is not spreading...
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Hope the 5/24 limitation is not spreading...
It's not. That's just a standard Chase denial reason. I have 20+ in last 24mo and got a BA card last week, after the incessant credit card pushing of some guy called "TBB".
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
This is the beginning...

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...ting_churners/

could have blogged "Last chance" instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.