Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by lkar
I think $12.5k in the first year is a sweet spot.
Or, if you plan on staying with Fairmont, $15K gives you a second stay/night credit to Premier status and a Gold Floor upgrade.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jan 26, 2015 at 7:28 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Or, if you plan on staying with Fairmont, $15K give you a second stay/night credit to Premier status and a Gold Floor upgrade.
Yep, though actually I'm having trouble using my gold floor upgrade. For someone who stays frequently in Fairmonts it's a good goal to spend the $15k, to get that cert. But I suspect many who get this card are like me -- with not too many Fairmont cities and needing to accumulate stays in other chains for status there aren't a huge number of opportunities to use the gold cert. Between all the other certs they give you and needing to book a deluxe room and not use any other certs, I just haven't had a chance yet.

Last edited by lkar; Jan 25, 2015 at 6:14 pm
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Yep, though actually I'm having trouble using my gold floor upgrade. For someone who stays frequently in Fairmonts it's a good goal to spend the $15k, to get that cert. But I suspect many who get this card are like me -- with not too many Fairmont cities and needing to accumulate stays in other chains for status there aren't a huge number of opportunities to use the god cert. Between all the other certs they give you and needing to book a deluxe room and not use any other certs, I just haven't had a chance yet.
As I'm in Canada and therefore not able to apply for the Fairmont Chase Visa card, this question is more out of curiosity... Can the Gold Room upgrade certificate be combined with other FPC certificates? For example, can you use a Gold Upgrade and a Suite Upgrade to get a Gold Suite?

I'd love a way to earn Gold upgrade certs. I had about 35 nights at Fairmont last year, and about half of them I booked on a gold floor. I finished last year with 2 unused room upgrade certificates, which seems like a waste, but I'd typically rather pay full price for a suite or gold room, than stay in an upgraded room for a basic room price. A Gold upgrade certificate is definitely something I could make good use of. Very jealous!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Can the Gold Room upgrade certificate be combined with other FPC certificates? For example, can you use a Gold Upgrade and a Suite Upgrade to get a Gold Suite?
Unfortunately, no. And since you need to book a Deluxe room to get the Gold Upgrade, you can't use any free night certs either.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just signed up for this card and got the dreaded "further review" notice before they can issue the card. Do I wait to get their review info in the mail or should I call in ? Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by doss1
Do I wait to get their review info in the mail or should I call in?
I'd call in a day or two. It's often something simple that they can clear over the phone.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Hi,

I didn't know $15k in spends triggers a Gold Floor Upgrade. I know if you have earned Platinum through stays that you get one but I didn't know that you can get a gold floor cert just for spending $15k... I know you get a free night for $12k...

So specifically, if you did not earn platinum through stays do you still get a Gold Floor Certificate each year you have $15k in spends?

Can you let me know if you have seen this published in the T&Cs somewhere or is this just a datapoint through experience?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Or, if you plan on staying with Fairmont, $15K give you a second stay/night credit to Premier status and a Gold Floor upgrade.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
I didn't know $15k in spends triggers a Gold Floor Upgrade. I know if you have earned Platinum through stays that you get one
Actually, I worded my post poorly. You don't specifically need the $15K for the Gold Floor upgrade. To get the Gold Floor upgrade, you need to qualify for Premier (not Platinum) on your own (i.e., not the status the card gives you), and the $15K gives you two stay/night credits to help you get there.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:02 pm

One minor matter when working toward the spend targets on this card is that the free night goes by your membership year and the stay credits go by calendar year, so it can get a little bit confusing.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
That's an excellent point... Even Chase gets confused on it as they have told me over the phone the spends are for a calendar year Jan-Dec but that is now what the T&C's say or what I've experienced...

One minor matter when working toward the spend targets on this card is that the free night goes by your membership year and the stay credits go by calendar year, so it can get a little bit confusing.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:09 am

My Fairmont/Chase credit card yearly date is 3/1/2015 just wondering if I decide to cancel the card when is the last date I can do so without paying the yearly annual fee? thanks
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by phiota
My Fairmont/Chase credit card yearly date is 3/1/2015 just wondering if I decide to cancel the card when is the last date I can do so without paying the yearly annual fee? thanks
Chase will usually not charge the annual fee, so long as you cancel before the due date on the statement on which it appears.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by doss1
Just signed up for this card and got the dreaded "further review" notice before they can issue the card. Do I wait to get their review info in the mail or should I call in ? Thanks.
Does anyone know the phone # to call to find out what the review is on?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:05 am

New to the Fairmont program, got the card, met the spend, etc.

To confirm, to me it seems like the best value for me for a week vacation would be to:

2 free night certs
2 paid nights
1 third night free (3rd night free cert)
suite upgrade cert

Am I right all of the above be combined in such a manner, I guess providing I find a property with this available?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by hamhead
New to the Fairmont program, got the card, met the spend, etc.

To confirm, to me it seems like the best value for me for a week vacation would be to:

2 free night certs
2 paid nights
1 third night free (3rd night free cert)
suite upgrade cert

Am I right all of the above be combined in such a manner, I guess providing I find a property with this available?
Yes,that would work. And finding availability shouldn't be too hard. Ignoring the handful black-out dates, all you need is availability for a Fairmont room and the entry-level suite category.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jan 28, 2015 at 11:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.