Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017 -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1825965-8th-annual-chicago-seminars-october-20-22-2017-a-2.html

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2016.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is live in post # 2. Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate if booked using seminar code.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: WN, UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by _kurt
Yes it is. T5 is not connected to the other terminals inside of security. Unless you have a boarding pass for a flight departing from T5 there will be no way to access those lounges.
Thanks _Kurt. That's a bummer, thanks for the info. I wanted to check out my first ever lounge.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by _kurt
Yes it is. T5 is not connected to the other terminals inside of security. Unless you have a boarding pass for a flight departing from T5 there will be no way to access those lounges.
Is that true? I know years back TSA often didn't allow you into a terminal you weren't flying from if the terminals weren't connected airside, but recently they seem to allow access to any terminal at the airport as long as you have a boarding pass for travel that day. I've often visited the Centurion Lounge at SFO T3 even when flying DL out of T1. They always ask if I know my flight is leaving from another terminal, and when I say I'm visiting the lounge, there is no further discussion. That said, even if permitted, it does involve clearing security twice. I'm not sure the Swissport or AF/KL lounge at ORD are worth doing that for.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:10 pm

I'm happy now! Got my room finally reserved at the HI, now I know it will easier to get around!
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Rooms may be available at host hotel

If you're looking for a room at the host hotel there might be a few still available. Rate includes breakfast.

if you're not staying at the host hotel breakfast IS NOT INCLUDED.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, WN FANBOY
I would like to attend for the first time, and I really want to make the most out of the Chicago Seminars experience, but I would only be able to attend on Saturday and Sunday due to my school schedule. Is this allowed? Besides missing the Aeroplan / EF talks, is there any significant downside that would make the seminars not worthwhile if I can't attend Friday?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jwperlik
I would like to attend for the first time, and I really want to make the most out of the Chicago Seminars experience, but I would only be able to attend on Saturday and Sunday due to my school schedule. Is this allowed? Besides missing the Aeroplan / EF talks, is there any significant downside that would make the seminars not worthwhile if I can't attend Friday?
Yes, this is allowed -- check-in will be open Saturday morning. Many people come in late Friday and either miss the Friday sessions or part of the Friday sessions.

I'd definitely recommend still coming. Plenty of time to meet with speakers that you missed to ask for tips or to chat with others that attended a given session.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: WN, UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
This may have been covered upthread, but a tip for anyone looking to book a the Holiday Inn: There are rooms available (just booked one), but the only remaining rooms are those blocked off for the seminar group.

You have to go directly through the event link to have the group code (CHI) applied. Going through a cashback portal, or trying to book through the Ultimate Rewards booking site, will show no availability.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by montumatt
This may have been covered upthread, but a tip for anyone looking to book a the Holiday Inn: There are rooms available (just booked one), but the only remaining rooms are those blocked off for the seminar group.

You have to go directly through the event link to have the group code (CHI) applied. Going through a cashback portal, or trying to book through the Ultimate Rewards booking site, will show no availability.
100% of the rooms are this way. We have the entire property assigned to the group code.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Although I don't think it will be an issue...any dress code for the Seminars?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by financialhippie
Tinfoil hats to protect your thoughts from any undercover airline agents, and a lizard suit for more privacy and comfort in general...
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Boxer briefs, and a necklace of expired CC chained around your neck,.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by satman40
Boxer briefs, and a necklace of expired CC chained around your neck,.
Gee I wonder who that could be
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Comfortable clothes and likely something long-sleeved if you get cold -- the A/C is typically cranked to keep all the hot heads in check. ^
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Gee I wonder who that could be
Boxer briefs? He might be going commando...
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Boxer briefs? He might be going commando...
I will bring an extra robe if Ray needs it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.