Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017 -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1825965-8th-annual-chicago-seminars-october-20-22-2017-a-2.html

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2016.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is live in post # 2. Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate if booked using seminar code.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA flyer, Hilton, SPG, Hyatt stayer
Watching all of the goings on on #chicagoseminars. Next year, I'm totally coming in Thursday night.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's oh-dawn-hundred (3:30am) & I'm packing/gathering charity raffle prizes before my way-too-early Amtrak to Chicago's Union Station. Then to the blue line & then to the hotel shuttle. Should get to hotel btwn 11:30-noon.

For those who want to get together for lunch, 12:30pm in Shelby Campbell's bar area. We'll get a table towards the back. I'll be the one yawning

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:25 am

I'm moderating the Marriott break-out session on Sunday. With the merger it should be interesting!

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:01 am

On the train & checking email. Howie's up early! Just got an update to all the attendees.

Evidently Amtrak has to blow its horn at intersections/access roads. I think there are a million of them on this 3-hour route. So much for any sleep!

See you all in a few hours.

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
On the train & checking email. Howie's up early! Just got an update to all the attendees.

Evidently Amtrak has to blow its horn at intersections/access roads. I think there are a million of them on this 3-hour route. So much for any sleep!

See you all in a few hours.

Cheers.
See you soon ^^
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:07 am

Chicago Seminar attendees on the hotel shuttle. Walk into hotel lobby & see some familiar faces, as well as meet some new folk. Howie due to arrive to hotel soon.

Some of us are meeting in the hotel bar/restaurant (bar side) for lunch at 12:30. If you're here, join us!

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA, KLM
Sunday drinks/dinner, me too!
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:35 am

Great start to the seminars yesterday! Lot of good sessions; heard great things. 3/4 of the attendees already checked in by end of registration Friday night. Registration is open today from 8am-noon.

Thanks so much to all those who bought charity raffle tickets already - you rock! For those who said they'd buy tickets "tomorrow", well - it's tomorrow! Get those credit cards (or cash) out & buy some tickets. We've got some great prizes & it's supporting 3 great charities. Buy early & buy often!

For those who said they have items to donate, please drop them off at the registration desk today if possible & tell them the items are for the charity raffle. We have a lot of items for the charity raffle & if I can get them organized tonight/early morning vs. at the last minute before the charity raffle it would be helpful.

For those who have sent PMs saying you're willing to help out w/ raffle ticket sales, please find me (I'm wearing a pink Alta ski resort baseball cap & will be yellling get your raffle tickets). Alternatively I'll be outside the seminar rooms selling tickets inbetween sessions. I could use some help in counting/splitting tickets while I run the credit cards during those times. I will also need some "Vannas" to help distribute prizes/verify ticket #s during the raffle tomorrow.

Don't forget - in the hallway, lobby, restaurant & bar are great times to meet/continue to chat w/ other like-minded traveler or points people & learn more. Take the opportunity during the day & after the reception tonight to keep those conversations & learning opportunities going & make some new friends. You can always sleep when you get old.

See you all soon & here's to a great 2nd day of the seminars!

Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:58 am

Next year I think we should start the seminars at noon - this oh-dawn-hundred stuff is tiring

Yesterday was a really busy day, with multiple seminars & of course charity raffle ticket sales. It was fun watching 400 people chat miles & points - and thanks to the many who purchased charity raffle tickets. We even have a very exciting tale to tell at the prize drawing today (although it about gave me a heart attack last night!).

Today's schedule is also very full. I think there's a slight change in that the credit card opening session might get extended a bit longer (yeah, like that will bother anyone based on how many cards attendees were flipping through to figure out which one to provide when buying raffle tickets ).

I will be selling tickets this morning before the prize drawing. Also need a few volunteers to be my "Vannas" as we have quite a few prizes to give away!

PS - How cool was it that the Cubs won last night!

Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:45 pm

Another great Chicago Seminar event - lots of folk talking miles/points & making new or continuing friendships. MANY THANKS to Howie & his team of volunteers for pulling this off each year & it gets better each time.

MANY THANKS to all those who contributed to the charity raffle. We raised several thousand $$ for 3 great charities & we couldn't have done it w/o you. YOU TOTALLY ROCK!

Am currently at Amtrak waiting for train home. Half of my car on the blue line from ORD to Union Station were wearing Cubs shirts/headed to the game.

Safe travels to everyone - see you next year the weekend of October 20th!

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Oct 17, 2016 at 6:52 am
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:37 pm
pkk

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DIA, Wyndham DIA, IHG Spire AMB
Thank you for all of your hard work, Sharon! You do it so well!

CarolK
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat 100, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, UA Silver, AA Gold
Many thanks to the volunteers that made this happen! I look forward to seeing you all next October!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Great event! I'll definitely be coming back for more. Thanks for everything you folks do!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I had an amazing time at my FIRST Chicago Seminars event! I feel blessed to have met so many wonderful folks with similar interests as well as the many new ideas and strategies shared.

Leading the Hyatt and The Delta Air Lines breakout sessions I want to thank everyone for their participation, shared strategies and tips.

Definitely going to make it an annual thing...

Thank you to Howie & Sharon and all the leadership & contributors as well as sponsors to the event!

Mahalo

@laptoptravel
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
Thanks Howie and Sharon for your great work.
See you again next year (my 6th)
Michael

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.