Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017 -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1825965-8th-annual-chicago-seminars-october-20-22-2017-a-2.html

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2016.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is live in post # 2. Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate if booked using seminar code.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
I've flown to MDW on Southwest, then taken a shuttle bus (with one transfer) to ORD, then taken the hotel shuttle to the Holiday Inn. It's pretty time-consuming, not a lot of fun.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by FlyerJT
Does anyone know who this is from last year's Chicago Seminars? http://imgur.com/1Xhk946
We love Ray. ORD Seminar Event wouldn't be the same without him

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Question for all of you: I'll be flying Boston to Chicago. I'd like to do Southwest, just because BOS-MDW on Southwest is cheap and easy. But obviously MDW is not ORD, and the event happens to be near ORD.

Is it worth saving some money/points to fly to MDW and then get to ORD?
Obviously ORD is closer to the event, but 'if you can spare the time to spare the money/points' to do the various connections from MDW to the event then yes it's worth it. You won't be the only person that comes into MDW & does the trek to Elk Grove Village. If you're tight on time/the connections will be too onerous then you might have to bite the bullet & go into ORD. But otherwise do what's least expensive.

I used to drive to the CSE, but now I take Amtrak to Chicago & then the Blue Line to ORD & then the hotel shuttle. It does take me more time, but I'm not stuck in the driver seat driving/get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, can surf the net on Amtrak, and really between gas & tolls the two are within such a close amount of $$, it's worth it not to have the wear & tear on the car (and me w/ the actual driving).

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:33 am

Thanks Sharon,look forward to seeing you in October.

Ray
Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Thanks for all the info everyone! Once we get a little closer, I'll have more options, so I'll have to reevaluate then.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:34 pm

Event Information

Does anybody know yet where this event will be held and when registration will be available? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by BoyNamedSioux
Does anybody know yet where this event will be held and when registration will be available? Thanks in advance.
The title of the thread says when the event is: oct 14-16. Registration ... how about a week?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BoyNamedSioux
The first two post will tell you what hotel, since it's at the same hotel (which states this in the 2nd post.)
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:36 pm

I am a new it to FT forum and I have read so much bc I am hoping to attend The Chicago conference in Oct.
I see that the second full week of April the tickets go on sale ( that would be next week). I'm curious do people just check FT constantly to see if they are on sale? I also saw people say they had notifications, I am curious.
Sometimes I just feel too dumb to even ask. I know it says don't ask about tix(lol) but I did read everything. Does it sell out in five minutes?
Thank you!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Tickets for the conference are available for quite a while (I think the limit is 500), but the conference hotel (Holiday Inn) sells out rooms fairly quickly (within a week, if I recall).
Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Book the hotel first.

Tickets are always For Sale even after they are sold out, also many rooms seem to come open the last day...''

But it never hurts to book ahead, like any other event.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Getiton
Gee Wiz Guys,
Thanks for the generous words I as someone who
wishes to fly under the radar,is quite reserved and not
wanting to draw necessitous attention to self remain
humbled.
Ray will be attending both events named
above and is looking forward to be with all.
This ^ is the best reason to go to Chicago.

Getiton ^

Dan
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
...I as someone who wishes to fly under the radar,is quite reserved and not wanting to draw necessitous attention to self...
I hope we can help Ray break out of his shyness prison.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
I hope we can help Ray break out of his shyness prison.
or share experiences during a "wine & cheese" hour* would be fun!

* hint hint howiee
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
For those considering MDW: Please take commuting costs into account. Even Uber could be $40-50 each way. Public transportation would be very tedious. So consider if you are actually saving significantly more by using MDW.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aktchi
For those considering MDW: Please take commuting costs into account. Even Uber could be $40-50 each way. Public transportation would be very tedious. So consider if you are actually saving significantly more by using MDW.
In the past people have car pooled from MDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.