Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Work has already begun. Please continue to post in this thread which will be transferred to the new forum.
Any way we can vote for a feature that blocks out posts of people crying about bloggers? I'm guessing I can just avoid that section altogether.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jessicatravels
Any way we can vote for a feature that blocks out posts of people crying about bloggers? I'm guessing I can just avoid that section altogether.
just don't read that forum and won't you be set?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by HikerT
It is sad state of affairs that simply doing the right thing is considered classy. I'd say classy is what FrequentMiler does:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...ral-backpedal/
I read both. FM also has links. Have not seen a disclaimer like I described. Will keep eyes open !
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I'm guessing I can just avoid that section altogether.
I encourage you to reserve judgment until the new forum is live.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 7:53 pm

It is sad state of affairs that simply doing the right thing is considered classy. I'd say classy is what FrequentMiler does:

That may be, but this info is what I came to this thread for! The fact is that I saw FM's chart back in December or January when I started in this game - I even printed it out - but I also saw lots of other lists and charts from other bloggers offering the "best" cc offers. Following this thread, despite its odd twists and turns, encouraged me to go back to look at it again, but this time I understand a lot more and I know that all affiliate links are not created equal!

I look forward to the new forum!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Disclosure

Can FT insist that all those who write travel blogs clearly specify in their FT signature that they write travel blogs?

In the case of the recent Canadian kid/ Lifemiles burst out, most FTers did not know that the said FT member was also blogging using a different screen name for his blog. Some FT members would have dealt with him differently had we known that he was a blogger likely to post a live deal on page one of boardingarea.com

Last edited by SingaporeDon; Apr 12, 2013 at 10:26 pm
Old Apr 13, 2013, 4:53 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Can FT insist that all those who write travel blogs clearly specify in their FT signature that they write travel blogs?

In the case of the recent Canadian kid/ Lifemiles burst out, most FTers did not know that the said FT member was also blogging using a different screen name for his blog. Some FT members would have dealt with him differently had we known that he was a blogger likely to post a live deal on page one of boardingarea.com
Maybe they can be forced to wear a cow bell around there neck or sent to a leper colony?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Maybe they can be forced to wear a cow bell around there neck or sent to a leper colony?
ma91pmh, no, but as a courtesy to fellow FTers, just as you have included a link to your milesabound.com travel blog in your signature. Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: A few
ma91pmh, no, but as a courtesy to fellow FTers, just as you have included a link to your milesabound.com travel blog in your signature. Thanks
so that means you think I can't be trusted as the fact i maintain a blog means i will blab about any deal? because that's the corollary you forgot to mention
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
so that means you think I can't be trusted as the fact i maintain a blog means i will blab about any deal? because that's the corollary you forgot to mention
No, the corollary is that then every FTer can make his own decision about the discretion or otherwise that the blogger uses, based upon the blogger concerned's track record.

I have nothing against you or any other blogger, but when a blogger does not reveal his blog's identity or existence here, tries to persuade fellow FTers here not to talk about a deal that is on, and then puts it on the front page of his blog, knowing the fact that he blogs will help me and other FTers decide how best to interact with that person. Hope you understand
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:14 am

This is one of the reasons I like to use FM's links
Old Apr 13, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I think this thread needs more cow bell, no?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Just change the channel if you don't like a program !
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:00 pm

No, the corollary is that then every FTer can make his own decision about the discretion or otherwise that the blogger uses, based upon the blogger concerned's track record.

I have nothing against you or any other blogger, but when a blogger does not reveal his blog's identity or existence here, tries to persuade fellow FTers here not to talk about a deal that is on, and then puts it on the front page of his blog, knowing the fact that he blogs will help me and other FTers decide how best to interact with that person. Hope you understand
I don't need to put my blog on my signature. People who know me here well enough should know my identity outside this forum well enough.

Please stop cross-posting about how I'm contrary to my word all over the Avianca Forum and here too. Everyone has their own opinions, and if you have a problem with what I'm doing outside the forum, you can read my response on my blog.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
I don't need to put my blog on my signature. People who know me here well enough should know my identity outside this forum well enough.

Please stop cross-posting about how I'm contrary to my word all over the Avianca Forum and here too. Everyone has their own opinions, and if you have a problem with what I'm doing outside the forum, you can read my response on my blog.
This is a forum about bloggers in general, and has various discussion about the cross relationship between them and FT, so it is right for me to post about your issues here

The Lifemiles forum is about the specific instance of what many in FT believe is a transgression concerning lifemiles awards

That is why I have posted comments in both forums.

And by the way, not all or even most of the FT members in the Lifemiles forum know about your blog - contrary to what you may think, you are not that famous yet, and your blog was only started all of 3 months ago. That is why it is important that you wear your colours on your sleeve. Why hide the fact that you are a blogger? You should be proud of that fact, and have no hesitation to put it in your signature, as most other reputable bloggers do

Last edited by SingaporeDon; Apr 13, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.