Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Skywards Questions Answered

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:15 pm

skywards/emirates website problems

I have been trying to upgrade a booking on their website(s) for the last 12 hours without luck. Firstly, I am not sure why they have two websites (Skywards & Emirates). After I log in and enter the info, I can see the itinerary. When I select "Upgrade", it just opens another blank window and does display anything. I have tried several time using various browsers (IE, Firefox, Google Chrome). I have tried after clearing the cache and rebooting. I have tried several different computers without any difference in results. Is this a frequent problem? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by satish_ny
I have been trying to upgrade a booking on their website(s) for the last 12 hours without luck. Firstly, I am not sure why they have two websites (Skywards & Emirates). After I log in and enter the info, I can see the itinerary. When I select "Upgrade", it just opens another blank window and does display anything. I have tried several time using various browsers (IE, Firefox, Google Chrome). I have tried after clearing the cache and rebooting. I have tried several different computers without any difference in results. Is this a frequent problem? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Just tried it for one of my bookings through Skywards site and it seems to be working fine at the moment. If it is still not working for you I would suggest you call EK and do it over the phone. Good luck!
Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, SQ PPS Solitaire
Hi everyone, I just enrolled in Skywards and am not a 'permanent member' (as skywards calls it) yet as I haven't made any trips on emirates before.
I also just booked my first flight on Emirates and am supposed to earn 55,000 tier miles in one return flight (SIN-AKL-SIN in F). Because I'm not a permanent member yet, will I achieve Gold status immediately? Or would I get silver, then have to make another couple flights to get gold?

Last edited by bostan; Aug 21, 2011 at 11:52 am
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by bostan
Hi everyone, I just enrolled in Skywards and am not a 'permanent member' (as skywards calls it) yet as I haven't made any trips on emirates before.
I also just booked my first flight on Emirates and am supposed to earn 55,000 tier miles in one return flight (SIN-AKL-SIN in F). Because I'm not a permanent member yet, will I achieve Gold status immediately? Or would I get silver, then have to make another couple flights to get gold?
You'll be Blue (Ie, Base member, won't matter, as flying F you'll have access to the lounge anyway) on the way to AKL, and Silver on the way back to SIN. (Slightly more miles already) - You'll be Gold once you've finished your itinary.

Out of interest, how much was this flight? Seems quite a good way to achieve Gold immediately..
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
You'll be Blue (Ie, Base member, won't matter, as flying F you'll have access to the lounge anyway) on the way to AKL, and Silver on the way back to SIN. (Slightly more miles already) - You'll be Gold once you've finished your itinary.

Out of interest, how much was this flight? Seems quite a good way to achieve Gold immediately..
Thanks for the quick reply! When I logged into my skywards account, it said '0 miles needed for silver by 31 aug 2011' and on the tier status summary, it only showed 'achieve silver' and nothing about gold. Also, I wasn't sure if I needed to be a permanent member before tier miles start to count towards elite status. I started to get worried and wondered if I bought a F ticket for nothing.

Thanks for the clarification!

The ticket was USD$4500 or SGD$5450. I thought it was very reasonable since QF/BA and SQ were pricing their F tickets at around SGD$9700!
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by bostan
Thanks for the quick reply! When I logged into my skywards account, it said '0 miles needed for silver by 31 aug 2011' and on the tier status summary, it only showed 'achieve silver' and nothing about gold. Also, I wasn't sure if I needed to be a permanent member before tier miles start to count towards elite status. I started to get worried and wondered if I bought a F ticket for nothing.

Thanks for the clarification!

The ticket was USD$4500 or SGD$5450. I thought it was very reasonable since QF/BA and SQ were pricing their F tickets at around SGD$9700!
Yes, that's really a cheap way to achieve Gold! I've spent approx 2500$ (in todays Dollars, back then it was around 2200$) to achieve gold with my little CMB-DXB-MLE 3x runs, and that needed over a week to fly (alright, it was a funny week ) - and I've even had some miles already to start with.. so 5400 S$ for a quick Gold run is a great deal ^

You aren't located in SIN, btw, are you? (Feel free to PM me if you're)
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:06 am

I have miles with SAA Voyager.

Can i use these in combination with Skywards miles on EK travel? Does this have to be arranged through Skywards or Voyager or a bit of both?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold; Marriott Rewards Gold; Flyingblue AF Silver
Gold

3 flights VCE-PVG in 9 months (36.000 tiers miles) and I've achieved Silver. With 2 additional bookings VCE-PVG (scheduled on september and october 2011), EK is going to give me only 12.000 tiers miles so Gold status is missed for just 2.000 tiers miles!
No way to reach Gold without adding one more flight?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by mzvn65
3 flights VCE-PVG in 9 months (36.000 tiers miles) and I've achieved Silver. With 2 additional bookings VCE-PVG (scheduled on september and october 2011), EK is going to give me only 12.000 tiers miles so Gold status is missed for just 2.000 tiers miles!
No way to reach Gold without adding one more flight?
It looks like you're 3 x previous trips have been on Flex Fares and your upcoming 2 x trips on Savers. You can call EK and upgrade one direction of one of your future trips to a flex ticket to give you enough miles for Gold.

Another option is to take a stopover in DXB and do some Arabian Airpass trips.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by yanny baba
I have miles with SAA Voyager.

Can i use these in combination with Skywards miles on EK travel? Does this have to be arranged through Skywards or Voyager or a bit of both?

Any help would be gratefully received.

I think their computer would go kaput if it tried that. As far as I'm aware you can only use miles from a single program to make a booking on either carrier.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: d| M&M-Sen| SPG-Gold| PC-Gold| Hyatt-Plat
Opening Doors - Open or closed?

Greetings!

I am wondering if I am the only one who seems to be finding Opening Doors (OD) to be closed? As a relatively new EK Gold member (3 months since achievement) I have been trying to find out more about the OD program without any success.

The website link on Skywards to OD opens a new browser window with a rather long-ish introduction at the end of which the site draws a blank. Tried it from several computers with same end result. Sent an e-mail to Help Desk who referred me to back to the website link. After follow-up, I got a tame message back from them saying link was operational again but it still doesn't work for me I called Skywards but they didn't have any information to offer either. Interesting to say the least.

By the general lack of comments on OD on FT I suspect OD is closed...

Is anyone else able to access any details of the benefits/perks of OD? Any recent experiences you can share?

Best wishes
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:01 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by LOOK-See
Greetings!

I am wondering if I am the only one who seems to be finding Opening Doors (OD) to be closed? As a relatively new EK Gold member (3 months since achievement) I have been trying to find out more about the OD program without any success.

The website link on Skywards to OD opens a new browser window with a rather long-ish introduction at the end of which the site draws a blank. Tried it from several computers with same end result. Sent an e-mail to Help Desk who referred me to back to the website link. After follow-up, I got a tame message back from them saying link was operational again but it still doesn't work for me I called Skywards but they didn't have any information to offer either. Interesting to say the least.

By the general lack of comments on OD on FT I suspect OD is closed...

Is anyone else able to access any details of the benefits/perks of OD? Any recent experiences you can share?

Best wishes
Same here. Haven't been able to access it for over six months at least.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 1:59 am

Hi All,
I was hoping for a little advice on an upcoming trip I am doing HAM-DXB-PER and back.
I have enough points to upgrade one way of this journey and have been trying for quite a while now to do so on the emirates website without much luck.. until the other day I had the option to upgrade my rtn DXB-HAM.
What my real question is though is the likely hood of getting one of the DXB-PER flights upgraded. I have done this flight many times in the past and know how busy it gets (in economy anyway) but since I am travelling in November, I didn't think it would get as busy and there would be the option to upgrade.
Does anyone think that this flight will open for upgrade?? I am checking the website everyday regardless...

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Tulene
Hi All,
I was hoping for a little advice on an upcoming trip I am doing HAM-DXB-PER and back.
I have enough points to upgrade one way of this journey and have been trying for quite a while now to do so on the emirates website without much luck.. until the other day I had the option to upgrade my rtn DXB-HAM.
What my real question is though is the likely hood of getting one of the DXB-PER flights upgraded. I have done this flight many times in the past and know how busy it gets (in economy anyway) but since I am travelling in November, I didn't think it would get as busy and there would be the option to upgrade.
Does anyone think that this flight will open for upgrade?? I am checking the website everyday regardless...

Thanks for your help!
As you might have read elsewhere on the forum, EK opens up upgrade inventory very late. Put an alert on expertflyer if you have a subscription. Keep a lookout a week to a few days out, as that's when they make most seats available.

Also, you can cancel an upgrade at no penalty (provided miles haven't expired), so take an upgrade that you can get, and cancel it later if the sector you'd rather upgrade becomes available.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: skywards
Hi

I upgraded a flight man-dxb in june and just realised i got no tier miles which i thought i did and not im going to be 4000 miles short of silver . just wanted to know if getting an upgrade using miles does or does not give u tier miles...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.