Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by nycityny
Can someone advise as to whether they absolutely never do a status match twice? I got one about 12 years ago and then left Delta after a few years for United. With United pulling out of JFK I'd like to move back to Delta with a status challenge/match.
I would give it a try and explicitly state you are interested due to services exJFK. I bet they'll do it.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
so here's one .. I was granted a Platinum challenge (am an AA EXP).

If I flew in Y from JFK to LHR (on DL metal), would I be able to use the Delta arrivals lounge at LHR T3?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by kesco

If I flew in Y from JFK to LHR (on DL metal), would I be able to use the Delta arrivals lounge at LHR T3?
As it's a DL-branded and operated lounge, I think you should have access.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by kesco

Yes.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I was just status matched to Delta Gold from Alaska MVP Gold 75k -- a little surprised as everyone's making it sound like Delta is handing out Platinum to all us Alaska elites. I'll definitely hit the Gold Medallion status challenge (actually may have that met in 30 days), but a match to just Gold Medallion from G75K isn't enough for me to jump ship totally. I'm still going to make Alaska MVP Gold, so I'll split my flying now between American and Delta.

Could have been 95% Delta though. Just a bit surprised.

Also the match only took 2 days, noticed my SkyMiles account. No email yet.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:35 pm

I submitted all my info for a status match from AA EXP to DL PM on Sunday and noticed my status changed on the Fly Delta app sometime yesterday evening. No contact about it yet.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat (former 1K)
Originally Posted by DylanOakes
I submitted all my info for a status match from AA EXP to DL PM on Sunday and noticed my status changed on the Fly Delta app sometime yesterday evening. No contact about it yet.
Do you/anyone know if the MQM miles for the challenge have to be booked after getting the initial status match or only flown in those 90 days?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by poverty.jet.set
Do you/anyone know if the MQM miles for the challenge have to be booked after getting the initial status match or only flown in those 90 days?
I think they just need to be flown in the 90 days. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:54 am

Correct.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: AC 75K
Skyclub access?

Just got matched for status challenge from AC S100K to DL Platinum. Do I have access to the Skyclub when flying from Canada with a connection in the US, say ATL or MSP?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:07 am

Yes.

*International Travel includes: Customers traveling to/from Europe, Asia, South America, Central America, Africa, Canada and Mexico (excludes travel to/from the Caribbean, Guam and Saipan).
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by DylanOakes
I think they just need to be flown in the 90 days. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Delta told me that it is "flown" (doesn't have to be booked in the period)

Also, fyi, last week I received an email back within a few hours saying my my status match was valid the next day (and indeed it was).
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: AA PLAT 3.8mm, DL gold
Please forgive me for being too lazy to call Delta and ask this but....

I am a recent convert from AA to Delta. I was Platinum with AA and successfully did the Delta status challenge so I am now Medallion Gold. My question is - is my new found status good until the end of this year? I believe with AA when you qualified for a status tier that status was good for a year from the next February.

Can anyone tell me when my Gold status will exprire? Thanks!

BTW everyone has their likes and dislikes with every airline. AA was great for a long time but being based in STL, their connections were declining, their planes were old and dirty and since their merge with US Air, Platinum upgrades were impossible. Delta has been great so far...much nicer planes, better employee attitudes and upgrades about 60% of the time.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by chiproos
Please forgive me for being too lazy to call Delta and ask this but....

I am a recent convert from AA to Delta. I was Platinum with AA and successfully did the Delta status challenge so I am now Medallion Gold. My question is - is my new found status good until the end of this year? I believe with AA when you qualified for a status tier that status was good for a year from the next February.

Can anyone tell me when my Gold status will exprire? Thanks!

BTW everyone has their likes and dislikes with every airline. AA was great for a long time but being based in STL, their connections were declining, their planes were old and dirty and since their merge with US Air, Platinum upgrades were impossible. Delta has been great so far...much nicer planes, better employee attitudes and upgrades about 60% of the time.
it's good for 90 days.
If you meet the challenge, and you applied for the status match after Jun 30, then it will be good through Jan 2017
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: AA PLAT 3.8mm, DL gold
Thank for the reply. I applied for the challenge in May but completed it a few weeks ago in August. I would love for the status to be good until Jan 2017 but it sounds like I may be good only until Jan 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.