Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by rwoman
All,

I've set up a wiki to hopefully answer some questions related to DL's Status Match Challenge Program.

Feel free to update as needed!

Thanks rwoman!

Since it isn't specified in the wiki, I'm hoping you can answer a question for me: If you do the match for DL Plat, do you get regional upgrades to use during the match period, or do you only get them if you meet the MQM requirements for the 90-day period?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by LukeRB
Thanks rwoman!

Since it isn't specified in the wiki, I'm hoping you can answer a question for me: If you do the match for DL Plat, do you get regional upgrades to use during the match period, or do you only get them if you meet the MQM requirements for the 90-day period?
Actually, it is in the wiki.

Straight from the wiki..."Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met."
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Hi everyone!

I sent out a status match request to Delta on Nov 12 and haven't heard back from them yet. Does anybody else experience similar delays? Do you think I should follow up with them?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, MAR&HLT Gold, Wyndham Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by petzpanz
Hi everyone!

I sent out a status match request to Delta on Nov 12 and haven't heard back from them yet. Does anybody else experience similar delays? Do you think I should follow up with them?
Submitted one 11/6 granted 11/27.

Do the hilton bonus MQMs count towards to the challenge?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Just matched BA Gold to DL Platinum.

Took a while to process - submitted 11/18 confirmed 12/6 (by which time I'd already flown 4,000 miles over Thanksgiving which clearly missed the matching!)
Old Dec 6, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Thanks for the replies. I also heard back from them yesterday with a success: Alaska MVP Gold to Delta Gold. Sumitted Nov 12, granted Dec 5.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
My status challenge from UA to DL took 3 weeks, but it came through a couple days ago, just in time for today's flight.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Just matched BA Gold to DL Platinum.

Took a while to process - submitted 11/18 confirmed 12/6 (by which time I'd already flown 4,000 miles over Thanksgiving which clearly missed the matching!)
Just wanted to add that delta very kindly have agreed to include the two flights I took before thanksgiving which is 8 days before they agreed to do the match.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Just wanted to add that delta very kindly have agreed to include the two flights I took before thanksgiving which is 8 days before they agreed to do the match.
That's encouraging to hear. I applied on Nov. 15th, and did a trip over Thanksgiving as well, along with the first half of a long trip a couple days before the match was official this past Saturday Dec 6th.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:35 pm

I am Southwest A-List Preferred with Companion Pass (2nd year).

Delta Medallion: I emailed a status match request 20-Nov-2014. Received Platinum Medallion status 13-Dec. To keep Medallion status through January 31, 2016, you will need to complete the following requirements within the 90-day timeframe: Fly 18,750 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or 25 Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) on flights operated by Delta or Delta Connection®.

In comparison:

United MileagePlus: I emailed a status match request to United on 20-Nov-2014. Received Premier® Gold status until 28-Feb-2015. To remain a Premier Gold member through January 31, 2016, you will need to fly 12,500 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) or 15 Premier qualifying segments (PQS) on flights operated by United®, United Express® or Copa between 11/20/2014 through 02/18/2015.* Since receiving the status match, I've flown 10 segments (with 4 more scheduled this week).
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:25 am

I'm an Alaska Gold 75 and after about 3 weeks, was matched to Gold Medallion even though I'd flown 105k miles this year on Delta or Delta partner airlines. Wonder if I was just granted Gold Medallion because Alaska doesn't have a "different" name for their top tier travelers. I just sent a request to Delta to reconsider the match at Platinum instead of Gold.

Let's see what happens. Anyone else have this kind of situation or know how Delta likes to resolve things like this?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by petzpanz
Hi everyone!

mine took 3 weeks from submission to approval (~9/25 submitted, 10/10 approved)

the twitter team was able to help me track the status of my application and give me an estimated timeline to completion. suggest reaching out to them.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Submitted my request 12/28 - called SM line today, they said that as of 12/19, they were processing requests from 12/8. Not too bad - 8 days! I'll update when my request is processed.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:40 pm

Using status match to get economy comfort seats

I'm currently American Platinum through February. I'm planning a honeymoon to Tanzania in late 2015 which will require me to fly on Delta and KLM. If I status match now to Delta Gold will I be able to get discounted economy comfort on both the Delta and KLM flights? I do not plan on qualifying for Delta status through the challenge. If I don't qualify after the 90 days, would they be able to pull those economy comfort seats I booked in during the challenge period later? Thanks for any advice anybody can provide
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Actually, starting March 1, Economy Comfort (or Delta Comfort+, as it's now called) seats are available for free. HOWEVER - they will only be available at T-72 for Gold members, so if you aren't Gold at that time because you didn't finish the 90 days, you won't be able to select those seats.

As for KLM - their site says that Delta GMs get a 50% discount. I don't know if this will change come March 1 though to line up with Delta's policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.