Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by berliner5000
More surprisingly, the nutella is going away. The limitless nutella packs were the only redeeming quality of the LAX SC.
I didn't notice that one either... nutella and carrots were a pretty tasty snack that was relatively healthy, although the ranch dip choice and hummus is still available which are good as well. I'd probably end up having a cup of soup and some salad.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: DL 2MM GM
Basically glad to see a few more offerings that are not all carbs. That sugar high an hour later should go away now.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Looks like the Biscoff is being removed I hope it was an oversight on their menu.

I was in the SFO SC a few weeks ago and the bartender said she heard it was being removed.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Did you leave out a couple of smileys, or are the clubs actually less crowded?

David
I haven't been in FLL since the May 1 changes, but most of the clubs have been a lot less crowded that I go to. Most noticeably DCA, DTW clubs and ORD. More times than not at DTW I will see Am Ex cardholders trying to bring in guests and when they are told it's $29 each they just walk out instead of paying--this is helping a lot.

The Am Ex changes alone are a true enhancement since I can find a seat now.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Are "fresh bagels" replacing the current wonder bread bagels (which I'm convinced have a 5 year shelf life)?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Are "fresh bagels" replacing the current wonder bread bagels (which I'm convinced have a 5 year shelf life)?
I actually don't mind the bagels. A couple minutes in the toaster to warm them up, and then they have the structural integrity to handle enormous quantities of cream cheese.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by rylan
Kind of surprised the Tillamook cheese is getting whacked since cheese and crackers is kind of a snack staple. That stuff actually is real cheese, unlike the flavored processed 'cheese food product' that were offered when the giant block of cut-your-own cheddar was pulled from the NW clubs. Yeah the parm spread is good, but sometimes a piece of cheese is a nice snack on the run.

Glad to see some soups. Hoping that they'll have a mix of light/reduced calorie greek yogurts along with the normal, since the normal yoplait greek is pretty high in calories. Huge plus on the salad.
What are us "Cheasseheads" going to do. Do we need to start another write in campaign like the one that was done when they tried to replace the real cheese with the fake stuff?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I like the look of this!

But the cynic in me is wondering how they'll have all this in place by tomorrow when just last week (I think) there was another thread where people were saying SC staff had no idea if or when the enhancements would be rolled out. Surely at least a few days of prep/notice to frontline staff would be necessary?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Skinny pop is processed low fat/lower calorie popcorn, nothing like the Garrett's they use to have. Costco carries it and has samples of it sometimes and I have tried it there and it isn't too bad and will be a nice low calorie alternative. No where near as good as the Garrett's but I'm sure has a lot fewer calories.
I like Skinny Pop.

Not bad at all for bagged popcorn and light on the calories.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Did you leave out a couple of smileys, or are the clubs actually less crowded?

David
The crowd reduction is CLEAR in my experience.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bubbashow
The crowd reduction is CLEAR in my experience.
This is my experience as well. ^
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Makes the United Clubs seem like homeless shelter soup kitchens!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by monitor
This is my experience as well. ^
LAX and ATL clubs did not seem noticeably less crowded to me in May and June of this year, but it's good to hear there has been a noticeable effect. ^

The e-mail announcement just now arrived in my inbox.

David
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Trick question. There's no such thing as drinkable gin.
Oh... close, but incorrect

(PS, since I borrowed his image I will give him a free plug. Nolan is a buddy of mine and writes some interesting articles on his blog about poker and life - www.nolandalla.com).
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond
As someone who doesn't drink alcohol, there's nothing revolutionary in this announcement that is convincing me to change my mind on renewing my SC membership when it's up at the end of September.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.