Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
I don't know how new is that. At least for me it is something new.
VS now lets DL Diamond to pick any seat in Economy for free at the time of booking (including extra legroom). I remember about a year ago I was thinking of taking BOS-LHR in Y and even checked their policy with VS on twitter. At that time they allowed DL Diamond to pick only standard seats for free.

Nice development.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by urww
I don't know how new is that. At least for me it is something new.
VS now lets DL Diamond to pick any seat in Economy for free at the time of booking (including extra legroom). I remember about a year ago I was thinking of taking BOS-LHR in Y and even checked their policy with VS on twitter. At that time they allowed DL Diamond to pick only standard seats for free.

Nice development.
I don't believe this in new. I was able to selected free ELR seats as a DM at least a couple years ago.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
I don't believe this in new. I was able to selected free ELR seats as a DM at least a couple years ago.
Maybe you were booked in expensive economy fare bucket.

Here is my twitter exchange with VS as of Feb 11, 2016.

Me:
Hi again folks! Hope you're doing great in London.
I need clarification about seat assignment policy:
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en...y/seating.html

It's said Delta status customers can choose seats free of charge. I'm a Delta SkyMiles Diamond member. Could you give me some more details about how that benefit works:
- can I choose a seat right after I book my ticket?
- can I also choose extra legroom seat on A340 or A330?

Thank you!
Virgin Atlantic:
Hi Denis

If you're a SkyMiles Diamond member, you will be able to select a standard seat for free, from 336 days in advance. You'll need to make sure that we have your membership number in your booking, and you can ensure this is done by giving us a call.

You can purchase an extra legroom seat, subject to availability, but this wouldn't be for free. This can again be booked in advance, and you can do this by calling our reservations team directly.

Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:34 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I was able to select an Extra Legroom Seat on the 787 as a PLT (JNB-LHR) last year for free.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Just travelled Friday to Lhr from Atl in Economy +. Near the end of the flight FA came to our seats and handed out fast track passes and revivals lounge access cards to myself wife and daughter. (I am platinum). Fast track was outstanding. Knocked 30 min off immigration easy. Now the lounge was a different story. Rep at lounge could not figure out why she gave us the passes. Only I was allowed to use and guests were $25 a piece. I thought it was myself and a guest, but I may have been mistaken.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12
Just travelled Friday to Lhr from Atl in Economy +. Near the end of the flight FA came to our seats and handed out fast track passes and revivals lounge access cards to myself wife and daughter. (I am platinum). Fast track was outstanding. Knocked 30 min off immigration easy.
FWIW, I usually have to ask for Fast Track passes, I think only once were they given to me proactively.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just travelled Friday to Lhr from Atl in Economy +. Near the end of the flight FA came to our seats and handed out fast track passes and revivals lounge access cards to myself wife and daughter. (I am platinum). Fast track was outstanding. Knocked 30 min off immigration easy. Now the lounge was a different story. Rep at lounge could not figure out why she gave us the passes. Only I was allowed to use and guests were $25 a piece. I thought it was myself and a guest, but I may have been mistaken.
No guests at the arrival lounge. Even paid isn't technically allowed, but they offer it at times. However I'm confused since you say the FA handed out anow arrival lounge pass. 1)I've never seen them hand out such a card, normally they look you up in the computer and determine you get access. 2)if FA did hand out such card for both of you then the lounge should have taken it. Just because the FA shouldn't have done so doesn't negate the fact that they did in fact do so.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerCO
No guests at the arrival lounge. Even paid isn't technically allowed, but they offer it at times. However I'm confused since you say the FA handed out anow arrival lounge pass. 1)I've never seen them hand out such a card, normally they look you up in the computer and determine you get access. 2)if FA did hand out such card for both of you then the lounge should have taken it. Just because the FA shouldn't have done so doesn't negate the fact that they did in fact do so.
it was a card a bit larger than a postcard with some images of the club if I remember. Had my families last name on it. She gave us three of them as well as the fast track cards. My wife and daughter took the cards to the lounge and I was out getting some GBP. I ride up to the level and there is my wife and daughter and they informed me that the rep at the club denied them access and then asked if I was going to be arriving since I would have access. I did not go since we had a driver coming for us and I did not feel like spending $50 for 10 minutes in the club.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
it was a card a bit larger than a postcard with some images of the club if I remember. Had my families last name on it. She gave us three of them as well as the fast track cards. My wife and daughter took the cards to the lounge and I was out getting some GBP. I ride up to the level and there is my wife and daughter and they informed me that the rep at the club denied them access and then asked if I was going to be arriving since I would have access. I did not go since we had a driver coming for us and I did not feel like spending $50 for 10 minutes in the club.
I would file a compliant then. While they might feel it shouldn't have been given, it was. As long as each had their own golden ticket they should get to see the Oompa Loompas.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:09 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Were the cards actually passes or just informational? Do you have a picture of the card?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by urww
Maybe you were booked in expensive economy fare bucket.

Here is my twitter exchange with VS as of Feb 11, 2016.

Me:

Virgin Atlantic:
Unfortunately the VS agent gave you incorrect information.

The Delta website has read as follows for a long time:
If you are a SkyMiles® Diamond or Platinum Medallion®, you can select seats for all your party (so long as you are in the same booking) up to 336 days before departures free of charge, you may select an Extra Legroom or Exit Row Seat for yourself free of charge and standard seats for the rest of your party.
This has been the exact verbiage since at least April 2015 -- as quoted in the post below:
Virgin Atlantic not recognizing booking code from Delta
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:17 pm
Suspended

[QUOTE=pvn;28088153]Were the cards actually passes or just informational? Do you have a picture of the [img]webkit-fake-url://708d7b99-c271-4b3e-8088-400964e0150e/imagejpeg[/img]
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

[QUOTE=flying_donkeys12;28088991]
Originally Posted by pvn
Were the cards actually passes or just informational? Do you have a picture of the [img]webkit-fake-url://708d7b99-c271-4b3e-8088-400964e0150e/imagejpeg[/img]
Bad url.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pvn
Were the cards actually passes or just informational? Do you have a picture of the card?
[img]webkit-fake-url://73691572-b9f0-4e7e-9ff0-5eb006d790f4/imagejpeg[/img]
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:32 pm
Suspended

[img]webkit-fake-url://73691572-b9f0-4e7e-9ff0-5eb006d790f4/imagejpeg[/img]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.