Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by asur
Do either of these cards count towards the number of credit cards Amex will allow you to have open at one time?
No, these cards are from Wells Fargo, so they should not affect your AMEX relationship.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:56 pm

Data point:

My wife and I both approved for Propel June 2014.
Both cancelled May 2015.

Both applied yesterday and were instantly approved.
I feel confident we will get the bonus again, but will report if I don't.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:51 pm

Bummer I was denied today for having too many CC opened in the last 12 months
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:43 pm

Any recent data point on getting $100 airline re-imbursement on the second year and canceling the card to avoid annual fee in the second year?

Mine is up for annual fee in 3 weeks. Appreciate for any datapoint.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:20 pm
formerly mattrendell27

does the sign up bonus show as pending in rewards account?

I opened the WF Propel card on 6/16 and met the minimum spend on 6/28. The roughly 3000 points related to the 3k minimum spend are showing in my pending rewards "expected redeemable 7/12/16" but I don't see any mention of the sign up bonus 40k points. I also don't see the sign up bonus mentioned under the "active bonus offers" in my rewards account. I just see the "double points for hotels" "relationship bonus" and "base bonus". I know it's early on but I was wondering for people that did receive the 40k bonus, did you see it pending in your rewards account before your statement closed or did it just appear after your statement closed?

I previously had the WF 5x card for 6 months that I closed on 3/17. The credit card account was removed from my online profile and I thought the rewards account was obliterated too but now when I login into Go Far Rewards I see the old 5x rewards account sitting dormant and there is a separate rewards account for the Propel card. Hopefully that's not a problem...

Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by gapprasath
Any recent data point on getting $100 airline re-imbursement on the second year and canceling the card to avoid annual fee in the second year?

Mine is up for annual fee in 3 weeks. Appreciate for any datapoint.
My annual fee was charged last month. I made a $100 purchase and obtained the second year reimbursement. After that, I called to downgrade my account. My annual fee charge was reversed, but I had to fill out a new application for a new card over the phone for a no-annual fee propel. They said it would only be a soft pull.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:12 am

I missed the deadline to meet the required spend, so didnt get the sign up bonus. If I close the card and reopen, then meet the spend, should be fine for getting the bonus the second time?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Do we have any more data points on whether it is possible to get the bonus for both the Propel World and Propel 365? Anyone out there receive both?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by viag8
My annual fee was charged last month. I made a $100 purchase and obtained the second year reimbursement. After that, I called to downgrade my account. My annual fee charge was reversed, but I had to fill out a new application for a new card over the phone for a no-annual fee propel. They said it would only be a soft pull.
Hello Viag8,

filling out new application seems to be new "account". It may impact Chase 5/24 - if you are a churner. moreover you are losing history of the card..

anyhow, they reversed the fee for you because you are downgrading? I am thinking to get $100 reimbursed and then cancel it.. will they give me tough time?

Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:07 pm

Anyone know if the $100 GC counts towards the initial $3000 Minimum Spend requirement?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by MilesGator
Anyone know if the $100 GC counts towards the initial $3000 Minimum Spend requirement?
Yes it does.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
Let's say WF has no branches in my state. Can I even apply? It says if you don't have a banking relationship, must apply in-branch
You can sign up for their checking account online and get a $100 bonus most of the time too and then you would be all set.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:21 pm

Does this card get Amex offers like fidelity etc?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Macosty
Does this card get Amex offers like fidelity etc?
Yes, you add the Amex offers via twitter.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:46 am

Any working links for this card?

Is there any working application link for this card with the 40k offer?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.