Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
45k offer (added 12/7/17, limited time offer):https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=69
  • 30,000 points for first purchase
  • 15,000 more after $2,000 spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived

15k & 30K offers: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...eFall16WRCCNVP
  • 15k points
  • no minimum spend required
  • no annual fee
  • 30k points
  • $1,000 minimum spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Caution:
Barclays has a history of not seeing the offer you signed up for, and demanding that you send it to them.
So save a printout or screen capture of the landing page that spells out the offer!

What's in this thread:
This thread starts out by discussing a slightly different version of this offer that was around in late 2013.
(That version waived the $69 fee the first year for the 45k offer; the current 30k and 45k offers do not.)
Only those posts from July 2014 forward are about the current offer;
all posts from Apr 2014 backward are about the late 2013 offer.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Wyndham includes many hotel groups, among them: Wyndham, Ramada, Travelodge, Microtel
Wyndham worldwide locations: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/destinations

Ramada worldwide locations: http://www.ramada.com/hotels/destinations

Travelodge worldwide locations: http://www.travelodge.com/hotels/destinations

Microtel worldwide locations: http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/destinations
Print Wikipost

Wyndham card offers; $75 AF

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:41 am

I got this card recently and met my minimum spend. On my statement, it shows that my bonus points earned this period was 45,000, however, in my Wyndham account only 30,000 bonus miles are there. Does it take any longer for the 15,000 for meeting the minimum spend to show up? The 30k posted on 6/25. Statement closed 6/24.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:39 am

link says offer is dead

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23896137-post33.html

Thank you for your interest in a Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Signature Card.

Unfortunately, this offer has expired.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Please click here to check out current offers.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyertm
You used the wrong link from the wrong post.

Go look at the wiki (at the top of this page, if not using the mobile version of FT). It shows newest link which works (iight below the older link that doesn't work, which is I think is the one that you tried).
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by anime333
"New accounts" in general or "new accounts" with Barclays?
It was "New accounts" in general. Called in for a 2nd recon a month after and got approved. Barclays also gave me a credit limit increase on my other card.

Sadly, Koloa Landing in Kauai is leaving Wyndham? That's the one place I've been wanting to spend these points on.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 5:05 pm

can i get points for the no AF version if i already got the 45k and cancelled several months ago?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by riversidetom
can i get points for the no AF version if i already got the 45k and cancelled several months ago?
This is Barclay. Which is one of the tougher banks to churn. Certainly tougher to churn "quickly" at the very least. (And several months is churning "quickly".)

The good news is that they'll deny you if they won't give you the bonus points on the new card. (Unlike some other banks that give you the card but then it turns out you get no bonus points.)

The bad news is they'll likely deny you if you don't get an "instant approval" (by the computer, no human involved) and a human looks at it and see you just cancelled the AF car several months ago.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:03 am

in your opinion, what is long enough? 12 months? 18?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by riversidetom
in your opinion, what is long enough? 12 months? 18?
I have no specific idea. I suggest you go peruse the Arrvial thread:
as that may have more information on Barclay churning in there. There are very few people who've ever tried churning the WyndhamRewards card specifically, so this thread here won't likely have any useful points on that.

My only Barclay churning experience was with US Airways, which is a dead card now.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
So I have had this card a few months. I got the 30K and 15K bonus on the first statement (closed like two weeks ago). I also got the points for my regular spend. But, yesterday, I got nearly 9,000 points listed as a "Barlcay Bonus". Why did I get this?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anime333
So I have had this card a few months. I got the 30K and 15K bonus on the first statement (closed like two weeks ago). I also got the points for my regular spend. But, yesterday, I got nearly 9,000 points listed as a "Barlcay Bonus". Why did I get this?
Several people have reported something similar in recent post within:
Nobody has figured out a reason that I can see.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:28 am

I applied for the wyndham rewards credit card got denied due to too many inquiries and having 7 open new credit cards in the last year chase ihg,amex, capital one, citi. Here is a good question even after calling the reconsideration line she could not do anything. I do have a line of credit with Barclay arrival downgrading from arrival plus during this past winter which I have had for awhile. I could use some advice trying to get the hard inquiry removed of which 3 in last year are Barclay 1 capital one and the other 5 are my car loan from over 1 year ago. any idea how I might be able to try and get the hard inquiries removed? would a letter work or calling a certain number. Would you have advice calling the recon line. When I applied for the Barclay card Wyndham car it dropped my credit 50 points!!! 775 to 725 ouch.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
It was "New accounts" in general. Called in for a 2nd recon a month after and got approved. Barclays also gave me a credit limit increase on my other card.

Sadly, Koloa Landing in Kauai is leaving Wyndham? That's the one place I've been wanting to spend these points on.

Effective as of when? This was the only reason I was going to include this card in my next AOR
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Effective as of when? This was the only reason I was going to include this card in my next AOR
According to Wyndham Rewards 2, the Wyndham Koloa will no longer be a Wyndham Hotel and Resort at the end of this year.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndh...h-wyndham.html
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:04 am

Can anyone post what their card looks like?

I was apparently approved for the annual fee version of the card with the 45,000 points offer, but when I got it the card looked liked the no annual fee version (Visa Platinum instead of Visa Signature). The T&Cs of the card still say $69 annual fee and 45,000 points offer inside the package.

What am I missing?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
Can anyone post what their card looks like?

I was apparently approved for the annual fee version of the card with the 45,000 points offer, but when I got it the card looked liked the no annual fee version (Visa Platinum instead of Visa Signature). The T&Cs of the card still say $69 annual fee and 45,000 points offer inside the package.

What am I missing?
The same thing happened with me because I already have additional cards with Barclays so they only approved a platinum card instead of a signature card with a paltry credit limit. However, you will still receive the 45k bonus points, annual 15k, and pay the $69 annual fee. You simply will not receive the visa signature benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.